It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors will overthrow the Egyptian government tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Check out this LINK

RIGHT NOW - Leaflets are being distributed with a plan to overthrow the government tomorrow.

They are advised to bring roses and medical kits. I think we will see world history tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, I figured when the presidential replacement showed up, Mubaraks days were numbered, and Mohammed Elbaradei arrived today.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

If they don't have the support of the military it won't work, in fact if they push the government too far without the support of the military, history shows these kinds of uprisings ending in massacres.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Can we place bets on which group of extremists will take power to replace the previous administration and then start a war along with destabilizing the entire area?

I don't think most people understand the consequences a lack of government in Egypt could have on the middle east...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

If they don't have the support of the military it won't work, in fact if they push the government too far without the support of the military, history shows these kinds of uprisings ending in massacres.

They'll never have support of the military until after their commitment is fully established. The military is going to stick with whichever side appears to be winning. At first, they always support the status quo, because that is who signs the checks, but if the movement looks like it is going to be successful, then the military begins to switch over and support the new regime.

Tunisia is a prime example.

Likewise for Police. They are going to defend to a point, that is their job, and they do their job with tunnel vision, but once they are overrun, they start to look at the big picture and switch over.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

If extremists seized power, we would see another Arab Israeli war.

The only reason there hasn't been one since 1973 is due to Israel and Egypt making peace.

NATO would probably get involved to safeguard the Suez.

It would be a mess.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

A lack of Egyptian government would have a massive global impact. It really depends on who takes over though. If the current front runner, Mohammed Elbaradei takes the reign I don't think the impact would too severe for the west. He has worked for the UN and is a Noble Peace Prize winner for his effort in preventing nuclear energy sources from being militarized. Now, if an extremist person/group or military take over, it's anyones guess but I doubt we will be a good outcome for our interests.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I urge you to read what really happened in Tunisia:

The Calculations of Tunisia's Military

So when the Tunisian armed forces, allegedly at the command of General Rashid Ammar, told Tunisian President Zine Abidine Ben Ali that the military would not shoot protestors demanding the strongman's ouster and then pushed him from power, the commanders were clearly not playing to type.

mideast.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Can we place bets on which group of extremists will take power to replace the previous administration and then start a war along with destabilizing the entire area?

I don't think most people understand the consequences a lack of government in Egypt could have on the middle east...

Have to take a chance. Would you prefer the same "president" thats been oppressing people for 30 years?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks Mike....
wouldn't that be a lot like what our "Oathkeepers" have told our own government?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Rather than give the negative "It's still gonna be "bad" over there" that everyone else seems to be giving, I'd like to make this a post of foresight and hope. This is how it starts. One country of everyday people, just like you, just like me. They are fed up with their rights being taken, their government taking control of everything. These people are fighting for the freedom to live. They are fighting because they know that if they don't fight, they're going to end up in a position that no man, woman, nor child would want themselves to be in. They fight for freedom because they know no one else will fight for them. They will most likely win too. Rest assured, if by some turn of events that another corrupt politician is put into office there they will not stand for it and will most likely remove that person from office as they have been doing. This is the people taking back their lives, their rights, their home. If there has ever been any group of people that deserved to be called Hero's, then it is the Egyptians. My heart goes out to them and hope that everyone living there can find peace and prosperity in the near future to come.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks Mike....
wouldn't that be a lot like what our "Oathkeepers" have told our own government?

Essentially, yes.

Push come to shove, it would probably work here exactly the way it worked in Tunisia.

The problem is Egypt doesn't appear to be like here or Tunisia.

You never know though, look at the Soviet military during the August 91 coup. They told the new hardline government to stuff it. Could turn out like that.
edit on 27/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: h

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Exactly... Those that will say "It will still be bad anyways, why fight." is a typical response from an over fluoridated American! "Numb and dumb" as they say; not to offend.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You will always have some persons whom will say how useless it is to fight, that is, until the fight spills into their front yard and they realize they are in the same predicament. Peaceful protests are nice and all that, and I am supportive of them 100%. However, there comes times when you can't give someone a flower and hope for the best. When someone takes away your freedoms, takes away your rights in your own home, then it's about high time you stand up and do something about it. One thing is certain:

Freedom isn't Free. People fight and die so that their families may live on in freedom. I support these people in their entirety. I also say that anyone whom should try to stop them from taking their homeland back should be labeled by everyone else as a terrorist. It's about time we begin using TPTB propaganda and social programming against them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Egyptian government has turned off the internet. Getting more serious! I'm surprised this thread hasn't got much attention. Not complaining, just not very often where you can watch a government fall live via the internet.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
...And live rounds are being used...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

On people? I know yesterday they said that live rounds were being shot into the air to scare people.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Originally posted by The_Zomar

On people? I know yesterday they said that live rounds were being shot into the air to scare people.

Yes on people. Videos of it emerged online and thats why the government turned off the internet!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Whether we make it so or not, what will be will be.

Peace my friend

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it is against the people or just used as a fear tactic. The mass make the choices. Power to the people. When it comes down to it the people DO have the final say if they so chose to exorcise that ability. Unlike some places in the world, Egypt's natives are NOT putting up with the BS any longer, and I can only wonder if this is only that beginning of a similar series of events that are soon to take place around the globe. In any case, live ammunition or not, something tells me that we will see a FREE Egypt somewhere not to far down the road.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join