It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ran social engineering experiment to gauge public reaction to Alien Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting article about a science fiction author who was approached by NASA to "disclose" proof that aliens exist.

They even gave him an augmented identity and documents so he'd be taken seriously.

One interesting fact that emerges is that NASA was running computer simulations to see how the public would react to an alien landing. The simulations always ended badly "in chaos".

Rare insight into how the PTB operate.
Link to article

Sorry already posted please remove.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Thoriumisbest because: Already posted please remove

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

There a older thread on this just started today.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I done a search for it but I cant see could someone link to it?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's no surprise that it ends in chaos. Americans have been pre-programmed to fear aliens. Look at what always in books and movies they are here because the planet is about to blow up, eat us or enslave us.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
The simulations always ended badly "in chaos".

Why did I chuckle with guilty pleasure when I read that?

There have been several real world "experiments" with public announcements of alien invasions - and real life gets ugly pretty quick. Amazing how we turn on each other even WITHOUT the real aliens showing themselves. It would be interesting to see how the real thing would go down.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have no idea why they are so worried?
If they hadn't lied to begin with there never would have been a problem.
Why is it any worse than the announcement of the events of 911?
Too bad if someone gets upset over it.
They will find out sooner or later anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So they say a "computer simulation' ends in chaos. I hate to be simplistic, but just what is a computer simulation? What data would you feed in? How would it be manipulated? How can you be sure your data are correct in the first place? How is the data maipulated?

Garbage in, Garbage out. Let's see the data.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wanna see his fake degrees, until then I'll consider that this science-fiction writer is actually writing a novel.
edit on 26-1-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I still cant find the other thread on this, anybody got it?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I have no idea why they are so worried?
If they hadn't lied to begin with there never would have been a problem.
Why is it any worse than the announcement of the events of 911?
Too bad if someone gets upset over it.
They will find out sooner or later anyway.

This is a totally different monster than 9/11. When the towers came down, most people knew terrorists and threats like this existed (Not here to argue the official 9/11 story or anything else about it) and arent shocked to hear about attacks, but when you are told ET's exist and the government says they've known about this for years and years and they held it from us, it will change someones whole paradigm. Everything we've been told and grew up to learn will have to be re-evaluated and im sure much disenchantment will be had for the Government. People will then wonder what other lies were told and what role the ET's have in our civilization. Are they superior? Are they evil? Do they believe in God? Have they ever abducted a human? Have they played a role in creating this world we live in? Complete honesty will be necessary to answer these questions and frankly, I just dont think a lot of people around me would be prepared for the answers.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

I do not believe that you can computer-simulate reactions to a Civilization changing event like that. There is simply no comparative data to use to accurately base a predictive simulation on.

Chaos? Maybe....

Unity and far greater connections with our fellow human beings? Maybe...

Something in between or both in sequence? Maybe...

On a final note, the vast majority of these types of "simulations" would probably have a military genesis and would therefore probably tend to be biased towards negative outcomes of some type. They would only spend the time/money to develop a simulator of this type for a large negative event so the bias is built in before the first line of code is written or analogous data sets gathered for use by the simulator.

That's my $0.02 for what it's worth....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What's to gauge now? Surely if the disclosure project caused no panic then....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

just a testament to the average stupidity of the typical person.

heres a scary thought.

Think about how dumb the average person is compared to you.
now realize, half the population is even dumber.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think Nasa is exaggerating it. It would be huge news no doubt about it and a novelity, but after a couple of days people will go to work again pay the bills and you would be surprised how many will go back to talk about sports and consider talk about the visitors "nerd talk".

I bet in their simualtions they assume everybody is like them and I am sure people who dream to make their way into nasa would go ape over an event like that. I think most people would be surprised about how many people would be just highly interested, rather than going ape over such an event.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I laughed at

My next foray into the world of UFO’s was as the featured guest on Art Bell’s Coast to Coast radio broadcast where I informed the world that an extra-terrestrial probe was accompanying the Hale-Bopp comet as it flew by planet earth in 1997.

Can anyone say Heaven's Gate suicide?

Thanks, Mr 'Lee Shargel' for your wonderful broadcast.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It sounds like Sid Meier has new material to make Civilization 6! Of course the computer will cheat... in civ 1 you are running around with cavalry, the computer comes in with Mech Inf and just rolls you... good stuff!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Very likely, people would react badly at first, then be wondering how these aliens affected the job market, their stock options, traffic, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So they say a "computer simulation' ends in chaos. I hate to be simplistic, but just what is a computer simulation? What data would you feed in? How would it be manipulated? How can you be sure your data are correct in the first place? How is the data maipulated?

This claim set off by BS meter as well. It doesn't seem like something you could accurately model with a computer.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe this is NASA's way of finding an excuse to continue to cover up an inconvenient truth further. This way they do not get their hands dirty in confirming ET as a reality, how they lied for good reasons. Of course people would flip out such as your religious fanatics and so many Scientists would have to swallow their pride. Disclosure should not shake up the ant farm unless it is bad news thus mass panic would ensure. So then one has to ask what did they feed this computer simulation? It sounds to be they gave it bad news that being ET must be malevolent or not operating in our best interest agenda wise.

If NASA Disclosed and told us that ET was here to help us people should not panic one would think. Of course the question lingers, Abductions good or bad these beings do things covertly. That has never been a good sign but then again at least they return you and tuck you back in bed when all is said and done. It depends how you look at it, it really depends on what they would say when it comes to why they are here rather then the prospect of ET itself.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Let's faced the facts honestly and courageously. Extra-terresterials had been around for centuries. 15 current million witnesses, in this well electronically connected world, to UFOs and abductions are more than enough to vouch for its existance.

So far, they had never interfered with our way of life overtly. Humans still study, work, progress and evolve. They came for something that our planet offers, and are contend to continue doing it for centuries more, so long as we mankind do not hinder their production schedules and operations.

The only ones who would truly fear and panic would be the ones who are in the know, had been in cahoots with them covertly, and had kept such contact for themselves while denying and ridiculing witnesses to the UFOs, should the truth of such covert shenningans be revealed to mankind, over the terms of agreement that these few profiting elites had absolutely no right to act on behalf of humanity with the extra-terresterials.

And it is no brainer that the research conducted, if true, were done by the military industrial complex. They are the very ones to pee in their pants when the truth is revealed. More so when their industrial partners are fleeing to China for wealth and protection from an authoritarian illegitimate govt whom will offer military protection and use the way the valiant US military of the 40s had once been made use of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join