It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of our time, terrorism and the finely fabricated fear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As you can tell by my postcount, I'm a new member. But before I jumped into the fray, I've been spending nearly 5 days reading the gigantic archive of messages, mostly messages related to the war on terrorism and the 9/11 related theories.

I have seen the patterns of theory and discussion, and they all lead to one thing, the end of a democratic US.
www.atsnn.com...

Consider:
The "public" story of the battle against terrorism after 9/11 was the hunt for Bin Laden. He's in Afghanistan, go get him!

But then:
After a brief and intense conflict in Afghanistan, we turn our attention on Iraq/Saddam even though we have not found our target.

And then:
We find Saddam in a hole and have this generation's Vietnam. And still no Bin Laden.

As always:
Daily terrorism threats and "chatter" fill our minds with images of a repeat a catastrophic terrorist attack.

And now:
Well, if we experience a disruptive attack, certainly we will need to postpone the elections because we'll have an emergency.

But:
We have a global effort to find and bring to justice those who are planning such catastrophes.

Is it just me, or are many of you feeling that, while the 9/11 attack is likely a real terrorist attack by Bin Laden's group, we're now living within a fabricated fiction of fear?

How is it, that after spending billions of dollars and pounds and eruos and pesos and whathaveyou, we still have a massive global terrorism network that can strike fear into the heart of entire nations? Logic would turn our heads in a different direction.

I believe that, for the most part, international terror groups have been crippled or otherwise made ineffective to the point of non-threat. And now that we have two situations:

Situation One:
An anti-terrorism infrastructure (Homeland Security) that needs foes for funding.

Situation Two:
An administration who's only hope for a second term hinges on the hope that the public can be convinced of its expertise in countering terrorism.

In both cases, a frightening foe combined with constant reports of planning and fear are needed.

There are only two conclusions the famous razor provides us:

Conclusion One:
The western governments are on collusion to prop-up the fear of terrorism.

Conclusion Two:
The western governments are catastrophically inept.

No matter which one you pick, scares the hell out of me. What do you think?

dp

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's a lot more expensive (and dangerous) to create enemies to encourage government funding than to create friends to sell stuff to. Seeing as most politicians are rich and are stockholders in companies -- and pay the most taxes -- I side with the simpler explanation. I would think a rich politician who is a stockholder in several companies would want enemies destroyed ASAP -- enemies the government has to fight wastes your tax money, while friends you can sell stuff to improves your profit margin.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You forgot the Patriot act, what you want to bet it never sees the end of its five year life span. Then there is the new 15 second delay on all live broadcasts since the Super bowl incident.

When all this AB stuff went on and the Navy went to sea, the flood of M3, etc. I was certain that AB was a hoax made to plug leaks in the news agencies, but that there would be a real impact event in the future months. One of the biggest things that changed my mind is that the PTB would not benefit from hiding this situation. As a matter of fact the people that survived it would lynch the administration for not warning those in danger.

The only thing left that furthers their cause is another BIG terror event. Then they can suspend election, and institute martial law. People just are not going to give up liberties over a natural accident; it has to be something that was manmade and preventable.

I am sure they will use this as an excuse to push through the RFID system as well. In their mind it will help keep track of all those Zionist/Islamic/Christian zealots that we cannot trust (I am speaking from their view point, not my own). Plus it has the advantage of removing certain illegal activities that require cash from our midst.

I was reading something on the Homeland security page the other day and they where referring to the US as the, �Homeland�, it sounded just like the Nazis talking about the, �Fatherland�.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The failure of freedom would only mark the beginning of peril and violence. But, my fellow Americans, we will not fail. We will persevere and defeat this enemy and hold this hard-won ground for the realm of liberty.

May God bless our country.

~G.W.Bush, Tuesday, May 25, 2004

"He knows that we are waging this war for a better peace, that we are fighting for the happiness of people who have so often been oppressed by their governments."

"No power in the world will make us deny our duty, or forget even for a moment our historical task of maintaining the freedom of our people."

~joseph goebbels, chief nazi propagandist

We've heard this rhetoric before.
How many times... you do not spread democracy with a gun!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, sometimes you do, like in the Revolutionary war�

Unfortunately, I don�t think that they want to spread Democracy.

Mood: Defcon5.�Defcon1, was this aimed at me somehow?

[edit on 7/12/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Mood: Defcon5.…Defcon1, was this aimed at me somehow?

defcon5

That's paranioa

It just means I'm at normal peacetime readiness

Revolution and independance can be spread with the gun.
The preferred method for democracy however, is peaceful demonstration and action

[edit on 12-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
It's a lot more expensive (and dangerous) to create enemies to encourage government funding than to create friends to sell stuff to.

True, unless you are selling weapons.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
... to the cold war. How many years went by that we KNEW the Soviets couldn't field a genuine invasion force to threaten Europe before we slowed our defense build up?

Same thing. We continued/promoted the "perceived threat" of Soviet aggression long after we KNEW they were incapable because there was lots of money to be made in the defense industry, lots of elections to be won by politicians seen as tough on Communism, etc...

Look at the blood letting in defense industry post the Berlin Wall falling and Clinton getting into office. That was they tried to forstall as long as possible.

I think it is well within the bounds of reality to surmise the potential for a "hyped up" threat when there is no real threat has been proven by the historical record.

m...

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It just means I'm at normal peacetime readiniess

I think you have your numbers backwards�

Yeah, but they are spreading globalist, corporate interests�

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
How many times... you do not spread democracy with a gun!

Don't fall so easily for the slogans of the left.

It is true, the concept of a free society is not spread with a gun, it is won with one. Hence the implication that democracy must be achieved through a struggle born of the yearning for freedom. The Iraqi's do not yearn freedom, thus, they will not understand it nor appreciate it.

We're losing the point here.

The finely fabricated fear. The US democracy will allow itself to be eroded because of the finely crafted fear. We fear the loss of our happy mean, our SUV, our multiplex movie theaters. We have lost the spark that fueled the flame of democracy. We will allow the loss of our freedom, because we no longer yearn for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

DramaticPause
Don't fall so easily for the slogans of the left.

It's not a matter of left or right, it's a matter of right and wrong.

You don't yearn for freedom because you enjoy freedom.

I agree on the fact that fear and terror are being used, by whom though?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Revolution and independance can be spread with the gun.
The preferred method for democracy however, is peaceful demonstration and action

Yes, look at this counties own history, the French helped us during the Revolution, but more through advisers and support, like sending weapons, training troops. To my knowledge (I am not a history major, and could be wrong), the only direct action they took was with their fleet, and that was towards the end of the war.

Now look at Vietnam, and current things, we should have handled it the same way, let them fight for freedom on their own, not gotten directly involved, but helped. Instead we go in with guns blazing, and WHY� To protect our own interests, mainly financial ones.

I am not old enough to be a Vietnam vet, but I have heard a number of them complain that the war was only HALF fought because the arms contractors and contract companies where making tons of money on it. Guess who owned tons of stock in those companies, the guys running the war.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I agree on the fact that fear and terror are being used, by whom though?

THIS is the $64,000,000.00 question... NWO? Right Wing politicians? Left wing politicians? Who IS doing this? My thoughts are there is a grand conspiracy afoot that includes ALL of the power brokers.

I don't buy the "left/right split/seperation" I beleive they are in 100% collusion. The greatest Con Job in history. This country has ONE political Party in my mind. This allows them to put forth the appearence of a philosophical struggle, all the while consolidating more and more power for themselves.

m...

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You got it DramaticPause;
I call it, �White Picket Fence Syndrome�. Everyone here feels they are ENTITLED to 2.5 kids, 2 cars, 5 TV�s, and God forbid if little Johnny and Suzie don�t have it better then their parents did.
Everyone wants what is best for themselves and their families, that�s natural, but sometimes you have to weigh the cost and sacrifice. Few here are willing to sacrifice anymore; they are too busy out-doing the guy next-door.
You know during WWII, there was terrorism then too, but they called it sabotage. Our fore-fathers were vigilant of it, but not to the point of giving up their freedoms.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but you've fallen for a "quote from the left" attempting to be popularized through a new billboard in Times Square.

But then you say...

How can peaceful demonstration and action be in the same train of thought?

In any event, you and others continue to allow your thinking to be muddled by the finely fabricated fear. The fear of terrible people planning to do terrible things.

To believe that such people don't exist would be monumentally naive. Certainly, throughout history, there have been those who would seek damage against any strong global government. But today's finely crafted fear is honed to a fever pitch through the saturation of multiple and simultaneous talking heads engaged in excruciatingly intense analysis of the latest terrorist chatter over and over and over again.

Democracy is obtained through violent revolution... and lost through mindless ambivalent fear.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaticPause

I'm sorry, but you've fallen for a "quote from the left" attempting to be popularized through a new billboard in Times Square.

That's not politics, that's common sense.
To take life is wrong and that's all there is to it.
It's not a right or a left issue, it's a human issue.
An eye for an eye brings us all down to that level, the free world should have led by example and not used 9/11 as an excuse to invade countries based on un-proven theories - show me proof of the osama bin laden connection with 9/11. - show me proof that Iraq had WMD - show me proof that Iraq and Afganistan were the masterminds behind the terror.
All this has done is reinforce the negative propaganda towards us all.

How can peaceful demonstration and action be in the same train of thought?

Peaceful action exists, it just needs more advocates.

In any event, you and others continue to allow your thinking to be muddled by the finely fabricated fear. The fear of terrible people planning to do terrible things.

To believe that such people don't exist would be monumentally naive.

That's assumption.

What is it I should fear?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Complacency.

Comfort.

The "party line."

News saturation.

Spoon-fed news snippets.

All part of the finely fabricated fear.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The mythical "Three F's"... Back in the days of logic and common sense it was called a "Sales Job", it then progressed to the status of "Con Job" and today it is known as "the Party Line"... 'nuff said...

m...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Complacency.

Comfort.

The "party line."

News saturation.

Spoon-fed news snippets.

All part of the finely fabricated fear.

None of the above.
The unknown is what I fear most and there is plenty of that surrounding these events.

top topics

join