It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the forest! 'beautiful pictures'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have been having a debate over this picture for the past few months now, some say it is, a, painting, a, meteorite hit or a wow factor.

The photographer Andre Wagner plays with the elements. A gloving fire in Abel Tasman National Park New Zealand transforms the rainforest into a mystical landscape

I have been looking at Andre's pictures for a while now and I think most of his photographs, are breathtaking to say the least.
Have a look at, his work.

www.andre-wagner.com...

What is it ?

Thanks

edit on 25/1/2011 by lewtra because: To change title

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It looks to me like remenats of a campfire but who is to say. It is rather beautiful though and something to ponder at.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

It looks doctored to me..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

www.doc.govt.nz... Nice photo! Flag for you, but I visited this thread (hope its a link), and theirs no mention of anything volcanic in this park. However this may be something to just open up and not mentioned on the site. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
cool pic
i live in new zealand
the picture looks real
the camp fire is obscured by rocks
but that is what the national park looks like in some places
we in new zealand have
rain forests
deserts
volcanos
mountains
and some of the best marine reserves in the world
we are blessed with a country that has to be seen
to be beleived

xploder come for a visit and stay and you will see for yourself

xploder

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Looks like one of these Camp Fires people have

Camp site with small fire inside some rocks, Camera filter tweaked to a bit as well?

Too bad its not a bit clearer...may have been something interesting.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here's a better quality version of the pic in question.
www.andre-wagner.com...

Beautiful pic, but it's not natural. The artist either doctored the photo or lit a fire or placed a light in the hole.
edit on 25-1-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think that this picture is fake! If this was truly a lava pit in a national park/forest, you would at least like to see some more pictures of what the pit looks like much closer.

Furthermore, a professional photographer has access to photo-editing software...this could lead to the added "glowing effects" from the pit.

I also think some characteristics of the pit are missing, such as steam from the pit itself. I also made some circles around areas that I feel need to be investigated. Check them out and tell me what you think!

edit on 25-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Because its not lava - Its a fire - In a hole.

Camera's capture interesting images if you leave the shutter open.

Even though the light may not have been captured in a snapshot, If the shutter is kept open on the camera, it will show all gathering points of light.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That pic is truly breathtaking i have no idea if its real or not.. so many photoshoped pics out there its hard to tell but nice pic thanks for posting ~~

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: comments to wrong poster

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Looks like one of these Camp Fires people have

Camp site with small fire inside some rocks, Camera filter tweaked to a bit as well?

Too bad its not a bit clearer...may have been something interesting.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

I hope you are joking with your analysis. I could take a macro shot of any part of the Op picture, and it is like another world.. Close up the details are fantastic. Thanks for your comments.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Because its not lava - Its a fire - In a hole.

Camera's capture interesting images if you leave the shutter open.

Even though the light may not have been captured in a snapshot, If the shutter is kept open on the camera, it will show all gathering points of light.

There we go...correct poster

I know about shutter and all that wonderful camera technology stuff. I merely responded to the TITLE OF THIS THREAD....something to do with Volcanic activity?!!?

So if the OP intended to talk about a camp fire or something like that, they should of just put that in the title instead. I am just dispelling the title to the thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
www.andre-wagner.com...

Beautiful pic, but it's not natural. The artist either doctored the photo or lit a fire or placed a light in the hole.

why by lightin a fire does it make the pic unatural...

kx

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Beautiful work - I think he simply placed an orange glow lamp next to the big rock on the ground and it is casting a glow.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You was right the 1st time around, I have changed the title of the thread. Still, a beautiful picture. I have a mural on my wall of the picture. Thanks for kicking my butt. Nothing to see here, move along now.

Goodnight all.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Thank you for the correction...pheuw!

Now I can make a comment about the picture. I really like the glowing effects regardless if any extra enhancement was done. But I have to say that if there truly was a little fire, either:

a) flames would be shooting up a little higher to get the light reflection of nearby objects
b) sparks or smoke would at least be somewhat visible
c) none of the above

Still, if you use your imagination (no pun intended on the word "still"), the picture has a bit of a relaxing feel to it and I like the photographers art!
Therefore, you get a *S*

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by havenvideo
www.andre-wagner.com...

why by lightin a fire does it make the pic unatural...

kx
Late response, but it's not natural because the artist created it himself. Is that hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't think its been 'doctored' so to speak (i.e. fake) but there has been some processing done to enhance the image. I can get the same effect with a wireless flashgun with an orange/red gel on.

Regardless of genuine or not its a stunning image and the artist should be proud of that one

Better quality image as linked above:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6f5b4e335fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Bit of detective work on the image, shows that the entire image has been 'enhanced' but no specific hot spots of editing done:
Image analysis Site
edit on 29-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
KC Late response, but it's not natural because the artist created it himself. Is that hard to understand?

I can guarantee the picture is 100% authentic, I have a 270 x 194cm mural on my wall and the detail up close is amazing, it is obviously a photograph. I am not home tonight, but I will take a few shots 'up close' and post them tomorrow.

Thanks Skywatcher2011

Now I can make a comment about the picture. I really like the glowing effects regardless if any extra enhancement was done. But I have to say that if there truly was a little fire, either:
a) flames would be shooting up a little higher to get the light reflection of nearby objects
b) sparks or smoke would at least be somewhat visible
c) none of the above

Yep,no smoke, no flames and no sparks. It is truly a wonderful picture, it almost looks unreal, I am not sure if it has been enhanced or not. Anyway, It is nice to get away from all the doom and gloom and see, just how beautiful this planet really is. It is only us humans that spoil it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join