It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama law firm to Taco Bell: That's not beef

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well the reasoning makes sense I guess. Sort of sad to know that if my dog is eating a can of Alpo and I am eating a Taco Bell burrito, the dog is actually eating better than me

Maybe we will swap! Im sure he would be up for it

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
49 cents? you gets what you pays for, IMO.

soy is usually code for GMO as i understand it. prison inmates are reporting getting VERY Sick as it's being used a lot [much cheaper]

only use/eat properly fermented ie miso.

Man! I thought Oscar Meyer was supposed to be kosher?
edit on 25-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

I almost had a panic attack while reading the title.
I thought you were going to say they were serving
cats and dogs,whew,what a relief!
Textured soy protein,yum!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Bones and scraps are used for mechanically separated chicken. Once i saw the end result, i never ate another chicken nugget(not that i should have been eating them in the first place).

eater.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by g raj

That pic looks like a gigantic meat turd.

I guess it kinda is.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a lot of u younger folks probably
don't remember this commercial
for Wendy's in 1984. I fell in love
with this lil old lady and crack up
lol every time I see this ad. And it
fits perfectly with this thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i had a buddy that worked there said the made it with a powder..yummmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well looks like Taco?bell is gonna fight it

damage control initiated:

Taco Bell disputes allegation that its beef contains meatless items

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. I am surprised that more people in this thread are not showing their disgust. How can you continue to eat there now? Their food is made of abused animal and hazardous chemicals. No wonder the food looks so horrible.

I know you guys are not going to keep putting this stuff into your body.

To those who will continue eating there I have one question: WHY?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ugh back in the early 90's we ate at taco bell at least twice a week cuz it was cheap you know? Just like white castle, after a night of partying, you wanted late night food? The Bell or Castle was the it-place to go.

I just gave up Mcdonalds et al about 7 months ago and I stopped having extreme lower GI problems within a month of stopping. While eating fast food, I would literally 'be on the pot' in extreme, scream inducing lower GI pain within 10 to 25 minutes of eating it. But we kept eating it cuz it was handy, cheap and tastes good going down.

Looking back, HOW STUPID! Me and my now 16 yo son ate mc donalds every day, sometimes doing bk for dinner 2 nights a week too. OMG. I look back and want to barf. The ONLY thing I get from McD's now and that's even once every 2 months or so is their sweet tea. Else I just buy it from the store cuz it's less sweet.

But ew. Yeah. I make better burgers at home and even THEN we only have that once a week or less.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Efft aco bell. i used to eat it religously in hte mid to late 90's in my 20's..
one day near me, i went through anew taco bell that opened..got home home..the soft shell tacos, the beef lokoed and tasted like it was 5 days old..it was les than luke warm too. that smae place, has sued 3 times, for finding on cases, rat claws in the food, and another found someones finger* i'll never go back ever.
so! the million dollar question is..whats the remaining 65% of the 35% beef???
dead homeless people or something???

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

lol haah~! beat me too it! i remember those old comercials wheres the beef

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I don't really understand why this is such a big deal. I mean I eat whatever taste good. I'd eat rat if tasted liked cotton Candy. Hell , I'd eat my own toe nails if they tasted like Rocky Road Ice Crema.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Who needs laxatives(SP?) just go to Taco Bell. I'll still eat about 1/year. Even the story years ago about a woman who had Roach eggs that caused them to embed in her mouth and throat from tainted beef at Taco Bell didn't deter me from eating there.

As other posters pointed out, what do you expect to get when you pay $0.50 for a taco/burger. If it's really cheap it's crap, pretty straight forward reasoning.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Nice. Less red meat, same great taste. I don't mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Taco Bell Beef Ingredients:

Water
Isolated oat product
Salt
Chili pepper
Onion powder
Tomato powder
Oats (wheat)
Soy lecithin
Sugar
Spices
Maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose)
Soybean oil (anti-dusting agent)
Garlic powder
Autolyzed yeast extract
Citric acid, caramel color
Cocoa powder
Silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent)
Natural flavors
Yeast
Modified corn starch
Natural smoke flavor
Salt
Sodium phosphate
Less than 2% of beef broth
Potassium phosphate
Potassium lactate

no really, wheres the beef???

i guess if you wanted to go vegetarian you could eat taco bell beef. haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hardly surprising, if i want fast food i'll make a quick meal myself. Until people simply stop supporting all these fast food chains they will never change their ways, i feel sorry for the children of parents that practically raise their family on this crap...they don't really have a choice in the matter, and the extremely basic skill of cooking a meal from scratch with fresh ingredients is not being passed on to next generation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by GLantern101

Good point. I wonder what other fast food monsters are advertising 100% pure beef and can't prove it.

I remember going to livestock auctions as a teenager, watching worn out dairy cows being prodded, sometimes pulled through the ring... covered with the sores of tuberculosis. Most of them were purchased by McDonalds and Oscar Mayer.

Eww. That's good to know. I feed my kids McDonalds and Oscar Mayer all the time.

edit on 27-1-2011 by sumthinfishy because: messed up

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I just saw this on CNN:

Taco Bell is steaming mad over a lawsuit alleging that its beef isn't beef, and replied with promises of a counter-suit in an ad slamming the claim as "absolutely false."

The fast-food company said that its beef is "100% USDA inspected," and insisted that its meat mix is "88% beef and 12% Secret Recipe." But the lawsuit, filed in federal court within the Central District of California, claims that the mix is about one-third beef.

"We start with USDA-inspected quality beef (88%)," Taco Bell said in an ad signed by company president Greg Creed. "Then add water to keep it juicy and moist (3%). Mix in Mexican spices and flavors including salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, sugar, garlic powder and cocoa powder (4%). Combine a little oats, caramelized sugar, yeast, citric acid and other ingredients that contribute to the flavor, moisture, consistency and quality of our seasoned beef."

money.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The law firm called me back and took some cursory information, but I didn't speak to an attorney. The following day, I got an email that stated the case was not certified as a class action at this point, and even if it were certified, my participation would not be needed. They assured me that if I was needed as a witness they would contact me in the future.

I never indicated that I wanted anything to do with a class action; I asked them if my wife had a case since she regularly eats their "beef," because meats are gluten free, but now we find out that the beef does contain a great deal of gluten. This could be contributing to her health problems. I guess the law firm is only interested in a big class action payday?

Oh well, my wife doesn't want to pursue it anyhow, but I think it is a very good case.

Especially in light of this recent email:

Edited out Quoted material. Snopes is my friend, should have looked before posting.

edit on 28-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join