It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve (Non-Gov) Has FEDERAL police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
While posting on this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Police fear 'war on cops')
I have discovered something very interesting

I hope this has been covered and if it has, mods can delete. I did two searches but couldn't find anything about it.
Posting there lead me to this website
www.odmp.org...

This is a list of FEDERAL police that have died in action. On the very top i saw the "Federal Reserve Police"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8237cc1fb6a.jpeg[/atsimg]
Motto Protecting the nation's economy

Oh dear the ATS'rs might like this.
Although i know wikipedia is not the BEST source of information i will take some snippiets out that you would like to know about

en.wikipedia.org...

Agency overview
Formed: 2001
Legal personality: Governmental: Government agency

Sworn members 1,000+

Stations 37

37 stations but only 12 NON-Federal Reserve banks in the USA
www.federalreserve.gov...

Back to wiki quoting..

Some Federal Reserve law enforcement units have dignitary protection teams, which protect many of the 12 Federal Reserve Presidents.

Officers are certified to carry semi-automatic pistols, assault rifles, submachine guns, shotguns, less-lethal weapons, pepper spray, batons and other standard police equipment, including bullet resistance vests/body armor. Federal Reserve Police Officers have the same police authority as other uniformed Federal Law Enforcement Officers.

Here's a good one for Obama fans..

On October 12, 2010 President Barack Obama signed into law S.B. 1132 the "Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act Improvements Act", which states that police officers and law enforcement officers of the Federal Reserve are "qualified law enforcement officers" and thus are authorized to carry a firearm off-duty. This update to the Law Enforcement Safety Act, among other aspects, clarified that Federal Law Enforcement and Police Officers working for agencies not funded by Congress (such as Amtrak and the Federal Reserve) are specifically granted the same rights as publicly funded law enforcement officers as it relates to off duty concealed carry.

Something i don't get is how was this established in 2001 and the only two dead officers are from pre-2001 ?

Fallen officers

Since the establishment of the Federal Reserve Police, Two officers have died in the line of duty.[1]Officer Branch Date of Death Details
Special Officer Charles T. Linton FRB Kansas City Monday, December 18, 1922 Gunfire
Captain Earl L. Compton FRB Richmond Tuesday, February 29, 1972 Gunfire

One from 1922!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just thought this was something to note. I mean i didn't know about this until now. 1000+ (Soliders) Police protecting these banks. Do most banks have Federal police? I think they usually have personal security that they hire. But that's just me.

One thing's for sure, some Fed-Reserve haters on ATS are going to love this

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The controlling body of the federal reserve, the board of governors, is a federal agency...

The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System derives the authority to authorize "personnel as Federal Law Enforcement Officers to protect and safeguard the premises, grounds, property, personnel, including members of the Board, or any Federal Reserve Bank, and operations conducted by or on behalf of the Board or a reserve bank" from Section 11(q) of the Federal Reserve Act, codified at 12 U.S.C. § 248(q).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

The controlling body of the federal reserve, the board of governors, is a federal agency...

The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System derives the authority to authorize "personnel as Federal Law Enforcement Officers to protect and safeguard the premises, grounds, property, personnel, including members of the Board, or any Federal Reserve Bank, and operations conducted by or on behalf of the Board or a reserve bank" from Section 11(q) of the Federal Reserve Act, codified at 12 U.S.C. § 248(q).

Long day,
I'm such a fool ! www.federalreserve.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I guess the moral of the story is

even crooks get their own police force?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Crooks ALWAYS have their own police force. The better paid the crooks...
the better the police force (sometimes referred to as Royal Guard).

For instance oil companies and the Fed have much better police than these few officers...
The have the US military as a ~police force~.

top topics

join