It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of The Union?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi there Americans,with the state of the union address upcoming it is going to be interesting to say the least,
what possible positives could Obama draw from his time in office?

From the economic crisis and related issues to falling support for the war on terror, the dismantling of your constitution to environmental upheavals. I dont think there has been a president confronted with so many issues in such a short period of time, i would be interesred to hear ATS members views on how he will try to put a possitive spin on any of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

The way i see it he has two options, 1. He will try to decieve you with more false promises.
2. He will come clean and state the obviuos, America is collapsing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't pay too much attention to the day-to-day minutiae, but from what I hear, his approval rating's pretty good, and the list of accomplishments for two years is none to shabby compared to previous presidents, whether we agree with what's on it personally or not. Is the country still a mess. Yep. But it was when he took office too. There haven't been any real surprises on that front. Anyway, I hear his big focus is going to be on unemployment...probably just where it needs to be.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Obama I demand that we withdraw all our army boys from overseas, end the Federal Reserve, enforce the US Mexico Border, deport all illegal aliens, dismantle the military-industrial complex, end TSA and bring back our Constitution.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Lol you're a true american.
Too bad this won't solve anything in the bigger picture

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He's going to bring an alien on stage and disclose that the US and world is in contact with and working with extraterrestrial beings!!

... just kidding.

I could care less what he has to say. He carries around the book of completely meaningless words and "How To Be A Master of Rhetoric". When a politician speaks, I suddenly develop selective hearing. Quite a blessing really.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think the only way I'm really gonna be affected by anything he says in this speech is it will probably come on when I'm trying to watch V. Damn Obama for coming on when theres good TV. Other than that, he will just keep telling everybody that everythings all sunshine and roses like all the other jackarse politicians and economists say. Nevermind that the ship is sinking, just keep playing the band.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Just an off topic question here, do all Americans say "i could care less" when what they really mean is
i couldnt care less? Could care less means you care!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Grumble grumble STATE OF PROPAGANDA grumble grumble STUPID OBAMA grumble grumble ECONONMY SUCKS grumble grumble..NEW JOBS MY ASS grumble grumble... THERES NO ECONOMIC UPSWING YA MORONS STOP JUGGLING NUMBERS AND LYING TO MAKE IT SEEM DIFFERENT.. grumble grumble...

Thats what it usually sounds like in my house during the state of the U ... That and the husband muttering profanities.

Look, DUmbama is going to pretend he is going to part the water, pull new jobs out of his butt, and heal the country. Noting to see folks. Id welcome an alien invasion at this point to break the political and presidential BS speech monotony.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
i would be interesred to hear ATS members views on how he will try to put a possitive spin on any of it.

You seem to have answered your own question. Spin is another word for lie. He will spin it to his advantage which will involve lots of lies. The State of the Union will be his first campaign speech for 2012. He is seemingly using the same tactic as Clinton in that he is all of the sudden presenting a Moderate face to us. Does not change the fact his Partisanship is almost unmatched by other Presidents, he will however try to make us forget that and pretend he has been Moderate all along. Many will fall for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I know im on the opposite side of the globe and all news doesnt make its way here down under but i must of missed some. Mind listing a couple of his achievements, i definately missed them!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Bingo. If he doesnt make a move to appear to be Moderate, his political career is over. He will pretend whatever he needs to in order to retain his position. Its to appease the sheeple.

Unfortunately its comon for modern day presidents to use the State of the Union to spread political propaganda garbage rather than give a TRUE update on the state of our union. CLinton, Bush sr, bush jr, obama.. they are all the same. The state of the union isnt what it once was.. and we have allowed it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I expect that he'll touch on the key issues facing the nation at the moment as well as over the past year, and at the same time he'll attempt to do so in a manner which makes it seem as though he were truly connected with and actually aware of what the 'common joe' is experiencing or has been going through all the while.

Although, the following will likely be, oh so conveniently, omitted and/or unaddressed, not mentioned throughout.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I've no political affiliations whatsoever, nor do I prescribe to any particular platform. It's all merely sides of the same 'coin', and until we change that it'll only continue further .... dividing, conquering, reigning supreme.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
State Of The Union

If We're the flagship of peace and prosperity
We're taking on water and about to #in' sink
No one seems to notice, No one even blinks
The crew left the passengers to die under the sea

COUNTDOWN, to the very end,
Equality, an invitation that we wont extend
READY AIM, pull the trigger now,
In time you'll firmly secure your place in hell

State of the union address,
reads war torn country still a mess
the words: power, death, and distorted truth
are read between the lines of the red, white, and blue!!

COUNTDOWN, to the very end,
Equality, an invitation that we wont extend
READY AIM, pull the trigger now,
its TIME you firmly secure your place in hell
your place in hell
your place in hell

GUILTY, is what our graves will read,
no year, no family, we did nothing (NOTHING)
to stop the murder of, of people, just like us

lyrics from the punk/rock band "Rise Against"..... CD... Siren Song of the Counter Culter"
thank you very much RA!!!

[yvid]

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

To be honest, I have never put much thought in it. But now that you mention it, I suppose you are correct. Beggin' your pardon, sir.

I COULDN'T care less about Obama's lies.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Im not a nit picker, just noticed a trend.
Thanks for the calm reply i was expecting to be flamed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

I know im on the opposite side of the globe and all news doesnt make its way here down under but i must of missed some. Mind listing a couple of his achievements, i definately missed them!

No problem...here's a partial list...I'm sure I missed a few.

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act
Omnibus Public Lands Management Act
Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program Act of 2009
Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 (FERA)
Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009
Enhanced Partnership with Pakistan Act of 2009 (with Global Poverty Initiative)
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009
End of 22-Year Discriminatory Travel Ban
Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act
Stopping Conflict-related Sexual Violence Against Women and Children
White House Council on Women and Girls (With UN)
New policy steps towards Cuba
Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia
Turkey, Armenia sign historic accord
Green jobs for real people
Federal Agency Spending Cut Study/Federal Operation Wasteful Spending/Practices Cuts
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Healthcare Reform
START Treaty signed with Russia
U.N. Security Council Nuclear Arms Resolution
Trade Agreement with Russia that may result in 44,000 U.S. jobs.
New rules to regulate coal air pollution
New sulfur dioxide emissions limits
New rules to limit water pollution from mining.
A Breath of Fresh Air
VA PTSD Review/Reform
HHS National Strategy for HIV/AIDS.
Federal Medical Leave Act Extended to Same-Sex Relationships.
Executive Order Reversing Stem-Cell Ban.
Prevent Hospitals from Denying Visitation Privileges to Same-Sex partners
Reversed the "Mexico City Policy"
Ban of Antibiotics in Livestock Production
LGBT-Inclusive Sexual Education
Fair Sentencing Act
Enforcing the National Voter Registration Act (first time in its 15-year history)
Saving the Auto Industry
Appointing Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court
International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
The Tribal Law and Order Act
Formaldehyde Standards for Composite Wood Products Act
Wall Street Reform
Appointing Elizabeth Warren as the first-ever consumer advocate
Ending the combat mission in Iraq
Strict Rules for Regulators on Ties to the Oil Industry
Stopped Exemptions from Environmental Studies for Deep Drilling
Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
Manufacturing Enhancement Act
Development Reforms: From Charity to Growth
The First Large-Scale Solar Energy Plants on Public Lands
Countrywide Sustainability Projects
Reformed Student Loans
No-torture policy in compliance with the Geneva Conventions
First national emissions and fuel economy standards for heavy vehicles
Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
Repeal of Don't Ask-Don't Tell
Built Swingset Outside Oval Office
Tax Cut Compromise
Nuclear Arms Pact with Russia
Didn't Get Us Into Any New Wars

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It don't really matter what he says all the State Of The Union speeches are staged photo ops just to get both sides excited and to fool the rest of the nation into continuing to buy into the two-party scam.The President will make a few statements to show support for the Military/Industrial Complex and his Wall Street masters and then mention some special guest who did something for charity that everyone will forget by the next day and the fun and games continue building up to the next time the people of the US are brain washed into thinking they voted for a new President.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Neither. But between the two options, I'd prefer number 2. --- the doom and gloom truth, and nothing but the truth. Then again, I don't see how America could be collapsing, not unless that was the plan from the beginning.

Let's see. I got me a "temp job". So that must be a good sign along with the unemployment benefits that keeps of extending. I forgot other key issues.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The health related legislation is a long time overdue but seriously the rest sounds like a bunch of rubbish especially the environmental related acts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join