It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you a believer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6284dff21a33.jpg[/atsimg]

I’m still new to UFO’s.

And to be honest I’ve never seen a UFO in my life except for on television and ATS, of course. The environment I grew up in the existence of aliens was never accepted as worthy enough for discussion. It’s taboo and for the most part a topic only crazy people talk about(no offence to the members here).

Though, I’ve always liked keeping an open mind and never judged people on their beliefs just cause it differs from my own. I always try and listen to their stories and their reasons for believing in whatever it is they believe in.

Wouldn’t say I’m a skeptic nor a believer. I’m caught inbetween the two. Doubt I’ll ever have the chance to see a UFO and even if I do I might not believe what I see and shrug it off as being some crazy hallucination. Either way I’m going to think I’ve gone nuts. Maybe even look for some logical explanation to it just so I can feel semi-sane. But ya never know what you’ll do once it happens.

I’ve seen some people mention being scratched by aliens(which is pretty strange). Wouldn’t know why an alien would want to scratch a person.. But who am I to judge.,..

So, I’ve been wondering if you guys wouldn’t mind sharing your stories and reasons of what it is that made you a believer in the whole UFO/alien phenomena?

Could be anything from a sci-fi movie, being abducted, scratched, or even capturing photo/video evidence of an alien spacecraft.

Of course mine would be sci-fi movies. I like the idea of kicking some alien buttocks(know some members are against this sort of behaviour). And cause I’m a little curious. Other life forms visiting us? That’s pretty awesome when you think about it. Mean, what was the first experience that got you wondering about what is really out there in the night sky?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b06203a196ab.jpg[/atsimg]

The Slov

Note: Yes, I checked if their was previous threads on anything similar to this-someone inquiring into other peoples UFO stories, ect. If I missed it…I apologise.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am not a believer. I am a knower.

I saw a metallic flying disc with my own eyes.

Therefore I know it's real.

You gotta see it yourself in real life, no one's stories will ever allow you to realize reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
For me it was Secret Space documentary that really solidified my belief in ET's.

The resolution is challenged on the goog vid, so if you can rent this, or find it in high quality, it is certainly worth it.
netflix
The footage in this doc is jaw-dropping. There is some other conspiratorial material covered and I could do without the hyper-dramatic music, but oh well.
Full Doc

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks for sharing muzz.

I know I'd have to see it for myself before I'll actually believe it.Though, I'd still like hearing about other peoples experiences.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

What made you a believer?

Multiple years of relentless research to the point where the whole subject now bores me. I haven't actually seen any 100% proof with my own eyes like some people here, but that doesn't make a difference. There's enough information out there to make rather educated guesses.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

UFO research paper I did when I attended college. Do enough research on the subject and you'll find out there's a lot of similar sightings by credible witnesses around the world and in the military. You'll also find a lot of documents released by the freedom of information act that shows a lot of blackened out government memos about UFO sightings. The numerous incidents and ancient discoveries give a tell-tell sign that something has been visiting us in the past and up to the present day.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That documentary looks really interesting.Definitely going to check that out.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There are so many other galaxies, solar systems, over such a vast amount of time. Even if you're of a 'creationist' viewpoint, is it so unlikely that God created life elsewhere? And if your not of a 'creationist' viewpoint, do the math.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i saw five orbs dancing in the sky once over the fields behind my house
and when on holiday in the canary islands i saw a green light under the water shoot far away and come strait back it was like a craft
and about a month ago i saw three disks fly over a forest so i no there real but you don't get time to get them on film most of the time

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Growing up in a small town in New Zealand, as a kid the elders always had stories about strange things happening. My parents are both from small coastal farm lands which back in the day were pretty much isolated from city type living (although you could drive to larger towns and cities in a matter of hours). But there were plenty of stories of strange lights flying around and in one story it was said something landed on the side of a hill once and burnt a perfect huge circle into it clearing all the trees and plants.
These stories were what made me believe in UFOs when i was young. I've been looking at the skies ever since, and I myself have even seen a few strange lights in the sky (maybe explainable), that i've never been able to explain. Now i'm at the stage where I feel it would be totally ridiculous to think that we're the only ones.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's true what they say you have to see it to believe it. When I was 10 I saw my first UFO. It was December before xmas about a week i think and where I used to live we had a santa that came round on a slay every year and me and my sister was waiting out side about 8 pm (I no this because I was missing robotwars lol) and we were out side for about 30mins and gave up waiting and walking back down are drive I looked up to see a perfect outline of a UFO ( the street light under it lit it up) it was about 50 feet across and flying very low ( my house was about 30 feet high and it just passed over it) there were blue red and green lights all over it not flashing just on it made no noise what so ever and I've been hoping to see another one but I haven't seen one that clear ever again

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This may sound sound stupid to some but
just pure logic,"so called gut feeling" lol but like an above poster I just know.
I have seen some strange things in the sky but no tellin for sure what it was.
Some day all of us believers will be vindicated!!! but until then just gotta have faith that my feeling is right !

edit on 24-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

You are also Gene Starwind. You see aliens every day in your cockpit.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What made you a believer

Independent research on the ancient Babylonians/Sumerians/Egyptians (started off as me writing a fantasy novel & just researching into the time period my setting was in). After much research I stumbled upon one thing after another. Countless anachronisms & anomalies that blew my mind (keep in mind, I was researching with a mainstream researcher perspective too).... Ultimately I came to the conclusion there were ET interactions in mankind's past & even found ancient cave paintings such as these. Some going back as far as 6-20,000 years.
farm4.static.flickr.com...
www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...
arcturi.com...

I came to the conclusion many ancient religions & mythological "gods", "angels", "demons" etc. were based on these various extraterrestrial species.
After more research I discovered this same 'ancient alien' theme in Indian Vedic texts. The Mahabharata specifically. Here's two passages. The first passage has to do with anti-gravity& propulsion and the second sounds exactly like an atomic weapon being fired from an aircraft & the subsequent explosion & radiation. Keep in mind, these are texts thousands of years old.

"They [vimanas] were propelled by air and inside is placed a mercury engine with an iron heating apparatus beneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury sets the driving whirlwind in motion. When it has been heated by the controlled fire from the iron containers a thunder power is developed through the mercury. If the iron engine with the properly wielded joints be filled with mercury and fire conducted into the upper part, it develops the power with the roar of the lion."

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana [aircraft] hurled a single projectile charged with the power of the Universe. An incandescent column ofsmoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,and the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment."

There's quite a lot of physical evidence of ancient nuclear strikes too.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I learned also that the Nazi & Vril society in WWII came to this conclusion & so hunted down many ancient Indian & Sumerian texts & translated them into technical manuscripts. Herman Oberth, Robert J. Oppenheimer & most notably Verner Von Braun (men responsible for the space & atomic age) all have admittedly on record even made reference to these ancient texts & believe there exists "people of other worlds".

That is when I became a "believer" (a few years ago). Then there was an alien TV series "Ancient Aliens" that aired on the History International Channel that came to the same conclusion I did on just about everything! This series still runs on that channel btw.

As for modern ufology/alien interaction, I think it will be disclosed next year. The Vatican, Mexico's air-force, Brazil, England & more have already either 1) announced UFOS are a real phenomena or 2) stated "it's ok to believe in extraterrestrials". Given the influx of aliens in the media, I believe an official disclosure from the head of a nation is right around the corner.

edit on 24-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I became a believer after spending a year or so researching the phenomenon. The kinds of accounts I took most seriously were sightings reported by pilots or military personell. Reading about things such as the Belgian UFO wave of 1989-1990 really helped convince me that something very real is going on. The Washington Press Affiliation UFO disclosure event played a big part as well.

I became a hardcore believer after seeing a pair of unmistakeable black triangles last summer. While I believe the triangles I have seen were piloted by USAF pilots, I am still a believer in genuine alien visitation. I'm not sure how often that occurs, but I'm sure that it has happened in the past.

I don't believe every last thing I hear about UFOs and aliens(particularly Reptilians) I do keep an open mind on the subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am also a “Knower” not a believer in UFOs.

My sighting was from about 500 feet away the object was about 100 feet off the ground, chased at a high rate of speed by a military helicopter.

Let me share the story:

Spring of 1999, about 8:30pm, the wife & I were watching TV when we started hearing in the distance an extremely loud roaring we could tell it was getting closer and was making our cabin shake. We both ran outside looking in the direction of this extremely loud sound. We lived in a densely wooded area in middle Tennessee. All of a sudden appears a Orange Sphere with a Military Helicopter chasing it, at tree top level. Each time the Sphere zigged the chopper zagged. The chopper could not have been more than 200 feet from the Sphere. Couldn’t even guess their speed, but they had the pedal to the metal for sure. They both were out of sight in a few seconds. I looked at the wife and said: “ We are not going to talk ourselves out of what we just saw”.

The Sphere was small compared to the chopper. A rough estimate of its size would be about 10 feet diameter. Its color was from internal illumination and appeared orange to the eyes, but a glowing orange.

The Helicopter was a large duel blade type with what appeared to be an jet engine just past the front engine. The pilot was very skilled to be flying that low, that fast, and matching every move the sphere made.

At the time of the sighting we live about 50 miles due south of Fort Campbell, KY.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I've seen 2 UFOs. One when I was a youngster (18 or so, making it about 1968) back in Tulsa, OK. Perfectly clear, blue afternoon in the middle of July. I was visiting some friends who lived on top of a hill, spitting distance from the Arkansas River. In other words, no obstructions for many miles; from horizon-to-horizon say 40 miles. I noticed something about 30 degrees above the horizon, due East. As it went overhead I could tell that it was really far up because it was partially obscured by atmosphere--maybe 50,000 feet. A huge, huge flattish disk (it had to be huge, considering the perceived size and how far up it was), like stainless steel. From that point until I lost it due West, took less than 15 seconds. Must have been jammin' like hell! I was alone in the front yard, and my brother was with our friends out back. I thought about running around the house as it flew over and pointing it out to them, but it's like I was mesmerized or something, and couldn't move.

The second one was about 10 years ago in Vallejo, CA. It was about 11:30pm. I stepped out onto the uncovered back porch to have a smoke. I looked above the neighbor's rooftop, and at a distance of about 2 miles I could see a disk (kinda wobbling, like it was spinning), shaped like a squat toy top, with a glowing body and a brightly lighted orange superstructure like a flattened bowl turned upside down. It moved into position horizontally; from my vantage-point I'm estimating it was just off the Napa River, above an uninhabited slough or wetlands area (if you look on a map, just opposite Knight Island). At that point it became perfectly still and hovered there. After about 30 seconds I saw a column of whitish-blue light flick on, several feet in diameter, going right down to (what I presume to be) the water (I couldn't actually see the water for the obstructions between me and the UFO). After about a minute a sort of spherical "glob" traveled slowly down the column of light--all the way down to the water, so far as I could surmise. That happened about 15 times, every few seconds for about 10 minutes. I estimate the diameter of the UFO itself to be about 60-70 feet, and the column of light about 10 feet; the "globs" were slightly larger than the light column, maybe 12 feet in diameter.

So I stood there and watched this thing for over 10 minutes, all the while thinking about calling inside to my roommate to come see. But I didn't; it was like I was mesmerized or something, and couldn't move. After it sent down the last glob it sat for a few seconds and then took off directly away from me, at a long diagonal, just ZIP! It went from standing still to blinking out of existence in less than 5 seconds.

As they say: "I know what I saw!"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

In the summer of 66 there were three of us in the neighbors back yard, he just got a telescope for his birthday. We were trying to get the scope focused on a group of stars called we the seven sisters, then we seen what looked like a satellite but it was traveling from east to west, we thought it was odd because we thought they were supposed to go the other way. When it got up to the group of stars we were trying to see better it just stopped. It stayed still for about a minute, then we thought it might a helicopter, it did a circle then stopped again, then it shot off to the north and was out of sight within a second and a half. I don't know what it was, but back then I don't think we had anything that could move that fast, even today I don't think we have anything that fast. The only thing we could say wow what was that.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
These personal stories are great. Nothing better than a first hand experience, pics or not.

My story is not s glamorous, never saw a UFO with my own eyes (save maybe once, but that is for a different time)

When I was in 2nd grade in the mid 80's, my teacher had shown a documentary about a bigfoot experience, probably had something to do with a story we were reading in class, I dont remember that part haha.

At the school library, there was a series of books all about the paranormal and unexplained, we've all seen the books, probably time life series. When I returned the bigfoot book the following week, I went over to look for another, but the only one I could find was abotu the Bermuda triangle. Then next week, Nessie,

Week after week until I got the UFO book. I was hooked (as I was with the other boks as well).
I kept the book out for the rest of the school year, reading it over and over.
To me its not a question of why I believe, its a question of why dont you?

Some here might have read some of my posts, and think this is wierd since I seem to try and debunk most of the time, but to me the debunking is just as important as the evidence itself. A skeptic will never believe if there exists a possible explanation. And thats my stance, lets prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

My avatar says it all....except I've never wanted, I just do.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I went from being a skeptic, to believer, to an absolute knower after I stood about 50 - 60 feet away from a flying saucer. I saw about three more flying saucers (one being cigar shaped) after the first incident. I have also stood literally 10 feet away from an extraterrestrial. My first self confirmed close encounter of the third kind was not a good one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join