It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys Deformed By In-Utero Space Travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There is a persistent archetype of greys across time and cultures. I expect that when we finally meet some aliens, there will be a resemblance. Could this appearance be due to space travel, particularly fetal development in utero? Aliens are very likely to be creatures that have been in space for many generations. The article below supports the idea of profound changes occurring to offspring in a low gravity environment.

Attention Astro-Parents: Your Spacebabies May Be Deformed

The research involved placing zebrafish embryos in a bioreactor that spun to mimic microgravity during the fertilized eggs’ development. When the eggs hatched, researchers stained some of the fishes’ cranial cartilage and found that parts of cartilage that support the gills--parts corresponding to the human jaw--were altered. Several months later, when the fish reached adulthood, they stained a few more of the fish, finding they also were abnormal; bone at the base of the skull had buckled on some of the adult fish.

The article is also interesting because it addresses an obstacle that we will need to surmount lest we wind up looking like greys, after a few generations, when we venture into space ...

edit on 23-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: m

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's great to see there is some interest in the topic (flags). I have to admit, I am no expert on theories regarding the greys' origins but one of the first things that struck me when I read the article was that it seemed to offer some support to the theories that grays were originally human or similar in origin and were somehow changed through evolution.

According to the article, change (in utero) will take place almost immediately in response to the environment when the environment is so radically altered. Really, the length of a gestation period in space flight. Quite different than typical evolutionary scenarios that take much longer.

This probably came as no surprise to the grey astronauts (as it wouldn't be for us - it is being researched now!) but it is also possible that, try as they might, they were unable to entirely mitigate the effects of deep space travel on astronaut offspring. This will be particularly true in travel that takes several generations.

In other words, this could have happened very quickly and they may not be as removed from us (temporally or evolutionarily) as their appearance may suggest. It may also offer insight into their fascination with us. They may miss being like us and did not expect to change so much through their own space travel.

At any rate, it really does rather throw a monkey wrench into any ideas about far space travel for our species, at least until we can mitigate the effects.

edit on 24-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: m

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

If they are real, aliens and from space, I doubt they would be deformed by space travel.

Any sentient species wanting to have babies in space, would have to have artificial gravity. Otherwise the fetus is deformed. If it lived, it would be mentally and physically disabled.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Generation Ships are only for dummies like NASA

NASA and DARPA Plan ‘Hundred-Year Starship’ To Bring Humans to Other Worlds And Leave Them There Forever
www.popsci.com...

Why they use Mars as an example is beyond me as it only takes about 6-7months at current speeds to get to Mars
Oh well who can fathom what goes on in NASA minds

Any advanced species would use Warp Drive at the least, or fold space via wormholes. Cuts down travel time immensely

I think the Grays look like they do from generations of lurking in underground bases
edit on 24-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I don't think they have been able to control it fully on any shuttle, flight or space station yet. Even if they do, there are certain aspects of Earth's environment that they may not be able to replicate (like its magnetic field or resonant hum).

I always thought the grey archetype was weird and represented some kind of devolution rather than evolution. But this last part is just my gut instinct, of course. I have yet to see credible information that greys are more than a hoax or psy op. The only reason that I don't dismiss them outright is the eerie persistence of the archetype.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

wind up looking like greys beacause of no gravity, I doubt it. Lack of gravity will tend to produce different characterstics for sure, but we arent about to become another species due to lack of gravity. Sorry, but this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They may in fact be an archetype, or it least a manifestation of one.

There is a pretty good book by Patrick Harpur called Daimonic Reality that deals with that theory.

Dr. Carl Jung also had some similar theories in regards to the nature of UFOs.

The investigations of Dr. Jacques Vallee and Dr. J. Allen Hynek have also pointed in that direction.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I dont know if this was already said so if so my bad....

Not deformed...Evolved

Their bodys are evolution of such a powerful mind and that of obviously life on a different planet but as well all the space travel they have been doing for billions of years

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wont our technology be good enogh by that time that we will have artificial gravity? Anyways , I still think greys are probably "bio engineered puppets" doing their bidding to collect info or whatever. Another thing, fetus development occurs in the embryonic sack that full of liquid. Anybody have an idea what anti grav will feel like inside a water balloon?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this topic,and I also have come to the conclusion that at some point Space Faring Societies simply stay in space . No planet of origin, and they can't actually come to a planet environment, to many variables gravity atmosphere,chemical makeup radiation etc, I think greys are artificial lifeforms meant to go to planets they are somehow not as susceptible to these dangers and I think they are bio neutral.

these are just musings since I am on the fence about greys but if they do exist then they must function in some type of parameter like this

the accounts of them speak of a few things that make me think artifical lifeform
telepathy maybe is a relay between them and the operator in space
robotic behavior seemingly simply performing mechanical funtions

we never see the real aliens behind the curtain they can't be on planets

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridkate
Lack of gravity will tend to produce different characterstics for sure, but we arent about to become another species due to lack of gravity. Sorry, but this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Well it seems that NASA has been breeding worms in space... and after just a few generations in a few weeks they are seeing a change in the DNA

Caption
The Ice Mission - The First International Caenorhabditis elegans Experiment consists of several experiments that will investigate the effects of spaceflight on C. elegans and to develop links to human physiology
Credit: NASA

Only NASA would come up with such a mission patch

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Caption
The Ice Mission - The First International Caenorhabditis elegans Experiment consists of several experiments that will investigate the effects of spaceflight on C. elegans and to develop links to human physiology
Credit: NASA

Only NASA would come up with such a mission patch

I love the patch
Maybe the cash isn't wasted after all - they made me laugh

That type of research is pretty damn important really. It might explain why any visitors might be incredible hot at molecular genetics. Maybe they have to be...

new topics

top topics

join