It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+119 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
These are a couple of stories I came across not very long ago, detailing different tales of alleged "inadvertent Time travel" by seemingly ordinary people, ones which I thought were quite interesting to say the least. Well, interesting enough to make a thread about.

But, anyway, personally, I'm not too sure what to make of some of them, I mean, I've heard many stories similar to this in the past, some of which were from ATS also, and many from way into history. And It's always fascinated me, particularly how time travel can, if you would believe these types of stories, happen by a mere accident, and to the point where the person who may be involved or if you will, 'Travelling through time' be not even aware that they are doing it.

It really is, IMO, fascinating stuff.

Here are some of the stories I came across courtesy of a website called about.com. They are worth reading up on..

***Apologies for the mere Copy and paste below but I didn't want to change anything about the stories I came across, especially as some of them are, at least, quite new to me***

- FLIGHT TO THE FUTURE:

In 1935, Air Marshal Sir Victor Goddard of the British Royal Air Force had a harrowing experience in his Hawker Hart biplane. Goddard was a Wing Commander at the time and while on a flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to his home base in Andover, England, he decided to fly over an abandoned airfield at Drem, not far from Edinburgh. The useless airfield was overgrown with foliage, the hangars were falling apart and cows grazed where planes were once parked. Goddard then continued his flight to Andover, but encountered a bizarre storm. In the high winds of the storm's strange brown-yellow clouds, he lost control of his plane, which began to spiral toward the ground.

Narrowly averting a crash, Goddard found that his plane was heading back toward Drem. As he approached the old airfield, the storm suddenly vanished and Goddard's plane was now flying in brilliant sunshine. This time, as he flew over the Drem airfield, it looked completely different. The hangars looked like new. There were four airplanes on the ground: three were familiar biplanes, but painted in an unfamiliar yellow; the fourth was a monoplane, which the RAF had none of in 1935. The mechanics were dressed in blue overalls, which Goddard thought odd since all RAF mechanics dressed in brown overalls. Strange, too, that none of the mechanics seemed to notice him fly over. Leaving the area, he again encountered the storm, but managed to make his way back to Andover.

It wasn't until 1939 that that the RAF began to paint their planes yellow, enlisted a monoplane of the type that Goddard saw, and the mechanics uniforms were switched to blue. Had Goddard somehow flown four years into the future, then returned to his own time?
(Source)

- CAUGHT IN A TEMPORAL VORTEX

Dr. Raul Rios Centeno, a medical doctor and an investigator of the paranormal, recounted to author Scott Corrales a story told to him by one of his patients, a 30-year-old woman, who came to him with a serious case of hemiplegia - the total paralysis of one side of her body. "I was at a campground in the vicinity of Markahuasi," she told him. Markahuasi is the famous stone forest located about 35 miles east of Lima, Peru. "I went out exploring late at night with some friends.

Oddly enough, we heard the strains of music and noticed a small torch-lit stone cabin. I was able to see people dancing inside, but upon getting closer I felt a sudden sensation of cold which I paid little attention to, and I stuck my head through an open door. It was then that I saw the occupants were clad in 17th century fashion. I tried to enter the room, but one of my girlfriends pulled me out." It was at that moment that half of the woman's body became paralyzed.

Was it because the woman's friend pulled her out of the stone cabin when she was half entered into it? Was half her body caught in some temporal vortex or dimensional doorway? Dr. Centeno reported that "an EEG was able to show that the left hemisphere of the brain did not show signs of normal functioning, as well as an abnormal amount of electric waves." (See Dimensions Beyond Our Own for more details on this story.)
(Source)

- HIGHWAY TO THE PAST

In October, 1969, a man identified only as L.C. and his business associate, Charlie, were driving north from Abbeville, Louisiana toward Lafayette on Highway 167. As they were driving along the nearly empty road, they began to overtake what appeared to be an antique car traveling very slowly. The two men were impressed by the mint condition of the nearly 30-year-old car - it looked virtually new - and puzzled by its bright orange license plate on which was stamped only "1940." They figured, however, that the car had been part of some antique auto show.

As they passed the slow-moving vehicle, they slowed their car to get a good look at the old model. The driver of the old car was a young woman dressed in vintage 1940s clothing, and her passenger was a small child likewise dressed. The woman seemed panicked and confused. L.C. asked if she needed help and, through her rolled up window, indicated "yes." L.C. motioned for her to pull off to the side of the road. The businessmen pulled ahead of the old car and turned onto the shoulder of the road.

When they got out... the old car had vanished without a trace. There were no turnoffs or anywhere else the vehicle could have gone. Moments later, another car pulled up to the businessmen and, quite puzzled, said he had seen their car pull off to the side... and the old car simply vanish into thin air. (See Time Traveller for more details on this story.)
(Source)

- THE FUTURE ROADHOUSE

One night in 1972, four coeds from Southern Utah University were driving back to their dorm in Cedar City after spending the day at a rodeo in Pioche, Nevada. It was about 10 p.m. and the girls were eager to get back to their dorm before curfew. They were traveling along Highway 56, which has a reputation for being "haunted." A while after taking a fork in the road that turned to the north, the girls were surprised to see that the black asphalt had turned into a white cement road that eventually ended abruptly at a cliff face.

They turned around and tried to find their way back to the highway, but soon became concerned about the unfamiliar landscape - red canyon walls that gave way to open grain fields and pine trees, which they had never encountered before in this part of the state. Feeling completely lost, the girls felt some comfort when they approached a roadhouse or tavern. They pulled into the parking lot and one of the passengers poked her head out the window to get directions from a few "men" coming out of the building. But she screamed and ordered the driver to get out of there - fast.

The girls sped off, but realized they were being chased by the men in strange, tri-wheeled, egg-shaped vehicles. Speeding again through the canyon, the girls seemed to have lost their pursuers and found their way to the familiar desert highway. The reason for the scream? The men, she said, weren't human. (See Utah's Time/Space Warp Canyon Encounter for more details.)
(Source)

- HOTEL TIME WARP

Two British couples vacationing in the north of France in 1979 were driving, looking for a place to stay for the night. Along the way, they were struck by some signs that seemed to be for a very old-fashioned type of circus. The first building they came to looked like it might be a motel, but some men standing in front of it told the travelers it was "an inn" and that a hotel could be found down the road. Further on, they did find an old-fashioned building marked "hotel." Inside, they discovered, almost everything was made of heavy wood, and there seemed to be no evidence of such modern conveniences as telephones.

Their rooms has no locks, but simple wooden latches and the windows had wooden shutters but no glass. In the morning, as they ate breakfast, two gendarmes entered wearing very old-fashioned caped uniforms. After getting what turned out to be very bad directions to Avignon from the gendarmes, the couples paid a bill that came to only 19 francs, and they left. After two weeks in Spain, the couples made a return trip through France and decided to again stay at the interesting if odd but very cheap hotel.

This time, however, the hotel could not be found. Certain they were in the exact same spot (they saw the same circus posters), they realized that the old hotel had completely vanished without a trace. Photos taken at the hotel did not develop. And a little research revealed that French gendarmes wore uniforms of that description prior to 1905.
(Source)

- PREVIEW OF AN AIR RAID

In 1932, German newspaper reporter J. Bernard Hutton and his colleague, photographer Joachim Brandt, were assigned to do a story on the Hamburg-Altona shipyards. After being given a tour by a shipyard executive, the two newspapermen were leaving when they heard the drone of overhead aircraft. They at first thought is was a practice drill, but that notion was quickly dispelled when bombs began exploding all around and the roar of anti-aircraft gunfire filled the air.

The sky quickly darkened and they were in the middle of a full-blown air raid. They quickly got in their car and drove away from the shipyard back toward Hamburg. As they left the area, however, the sky seemed to brighten and they again found themselves in the light of a calm, ordinary late afternoon.

They looked back at the shipyards, and there was no destruction, no bomb-induced inferno they had just left, no aircraft in the sky. The photos Brandt had taken during the attack showed nothing unusual. It wasn't until 1943 that the British Royal Air Force attacked and destroyed the shipyard - just as Hutton and Brandt had experienced it 11 years earlier.
(Source)

It'd be really interesting if anyone reading this has ever had any similar experiences to these also.

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear thoughts on this subject and whether time travelling of this nature occurs through absolutely nothing but the imagination of mere story tellers or because of something much more real.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
7 flags and no replies so far, lol.

Does anyone have any thoughts.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I do believe in vortexes and vortices in our world. However, extremely hard to study fore they are an unknown unknown. There are also many stories from the Bermuda Triangle, anddevil,s triangle mentioning same things as OP has written. Yeah, perhaps some has been made up and whatnot, but even if 50% of the stories are made up, what about others? Too many stories to all be fiction. Quantum physics or whatever it's called at work maybe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
One of the most interesting stories involving time travel includes the 1943 Philadelphia Experiment and its subsequent next generation Montauk Project. There are many websites that go into the story and here is an example of one www.bielek.com... .

Basically in 1943 a military project was undertaken to make a ship invisible, it worked. Unfortunately most of the men on the ship either died or went crazy. For those that died it appears that they lost connection with where the ship was when it went invisible, if they were not in the right place when the ship returned to being visible they became embedded within the ship. There are many reports to confirm this. One of the men, Ed Cameron made it through this ordeal with some sense of sanity but has become better known as Al Bielek through the ordeals he has been put through.

At 9am the switches were flipped in the main control room and For 60-70 Seconds the Eldridge went radar invisible. Then there was a blue flash. and the ship disappeared. - For over three hours... Edward and Duncan Cameron went up on deck and all the crew going crazy. They could not turn off the equipment and jumped overboard.... BUT they landed in 1983 - 40 years into the future- On a grass area at night. (on 12th August 1983 - EXACTLY 40 years later) They were met by Von Newmann who told them they had to go back to 1943 and smash the equipment as it was creating a huge bubble in hyperspace that was growing out of control. They had to go back as Von Newmann said as the records said they had to. (Officially Von Newmann died in 1957) Von Newmann was (in 1983) working with time travel using technology that had been salvaged from the experiments 40 years earlier and with alien technology that had been "back engineered". Von Newmann had the final results on the tests and told Bielek and Cameron about them and what to do.

www.phils.com.au... . If you have seen the movie 'The Philadelphia Project' they may very well be more fact than fiction to the story.

After the mixed results of the Philadelphia Project the military knew they had something, but wanted more answers so the Montauk Project was started. There are lots of dark stories surrounding this project. From my understanding it involved a chair (possibly alien technology) that could read the mind and interface it with a computer to amplify the signal and alter reality. Stories of time travel are just one of the many bizarre experiments performed. I am really not sure what to make of Montauk, real, disinformation, horror story, bit of everything? www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

For a scientific based approach to time travel there is the Anderson Institute www.andersoninstitute.com... . From some interviews it does sound like progress is being made, but care is needed due to the power of such technology.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Hmm, I've admittedly only heard of the Philadelphia and never really looked into it much, although I have always been familiar with the basics of what it was and what it involved etc. But that was a really interesting post from you, I thank you for it and It certainly is added motivation for me to delve a little bit deeper into this.

Thanks for the links as well, It really seems like a fascinating experience. I wonder what came of it though? I wonder if these sorts of experiences occur today still, maybe it was these experiments which caused others around the world to experience time travel much like those whom were mentioned in my opening post...So many questions.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thoroughly enjoyed those stories :-)

Time travel has always fascinated me, must be the 'back to the future' fan in me

I just read this the other day which you may find interesting :
New Type of Entanglement Allows Teleportation In Time - Say Physicists

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Thoroughly enjoyed those stories :-)

lol, I'm sure there is a gazillian like them.

I just read this the other day which you may find interesting :
New Type of Entanglement Allows Teleportation In Time - Say Physicists

And wow, yeah, that really is interesting stuff, thanks for posting it! It's fascinating.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
S&F I have been reading paranormal on about dot com for years and never saw the story about the girls in Utah. Amazing. So star and flag for that one alone. However, that seemed to be more of going to an alternate Earth a parallel universe if you will, more than futuristic world. The writing described though may not point to our future but our past. Just throwing it out there, because some groups beleive the Earth was destroyed (and all living things on it) four times and that we're coming upon the fifth destruction, so maybe it was time travel but to the past. What makes me think this is that writing sounded close to sumeritan/judaism/egyptian text more than ours, and if you follow the evolution of writing, say these writings were left behind, and maybe that is what "ancient man" saw and copied? I don't know if you get what I mean. This is certainly one of the more fascinating stories I have read.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Let me first say, I have enjoyed your post very much. Nicely put together.

I don't have a fancy story, I just wanted to say that I have been experiencing some odd glitches in time myself lately. It's kind of hard to describe really. I just know that I am one of those people that are kind of a clock watcher. My job requires it and it is also a bit of my nature now. It isnt so much that I travel anywhere, it is more of knowing or feeling, Something just shifted and there is a minute or two missing or gained. Or, just a mere second or so. I think the minute feeling is also the time for me to realize something just shifted. Like a duh!

Like I said, hard to explain, but maybe others are feeling or having the same experience themselves. We aren't really "Time Traveling," but we moving through some "Wrinkles" of Time.

Nice thread

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

in the 1960s my father got a strange letter from his brother now this man was a natural genius with electronics the latter stated that he was working for the British government on something to o with time he could say no more as he had signed the official secrets act since then there has been no trace of my uncle he was in Australia at the time my father tried to contact him and tell him his father had died the authorities denied any knawlege of my uncle

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here's a couple more from the same website that you may find interesting, if you haven't read them already!

Journey to the Past...
The most amazing experiences of slips in time, perhaps, are those in which people actually see, hear and even interact with other people and things that seem to have been in another space and time.

John was a six-year-old in Stoke-on-Trent, England when his brush with the past occurred. He was on his way to school with his friend when they stopped to watch some builders working on some new houses. As they approached the site, they noticed an old cottage nearby. An old lady came out and offered John and his friend some lemonade, and they went into her house.

After leaving the cottage, they continued on to school, only to discover that it was almost 4 o'clock and school was just closing. They had left home at 1:30 p.m. on a journey that should have taken about 20 minutes!

The next day, John and his friend took the same route to school, but to their amazement there was no sign of any cottage or the old lady they had seen the previous day.

The only explanation seems to be that John and his friend experienced some sort of time slip in which for a few hours they were transported back to an earlier time when indeed a cottage – and its occupant – did exist on that land.

...and to a Future City

As strange as it was, it may be easier to understand John’s experience with something that has already taken place than it is to comprehend Daisy’s encounter with a place that doesn’t yet exist – and may not for centuries.

Daisy and her friend Rick were driving to another friend’s house in September of 2004 in Rick's beat up old truck. “Suddenly, the truck's engine died and Rick and I were stranded on a deserted highway in the middle of the night,” Daisy says. "We were surrounded on both sides of the road by cornfields that stretched into the distance.

“Rick began a desperate effort to restart the truck, but nothing seemed to work. We decided to walk to the nearest town about two miles away to find a payphone to call our friend. We walked for what seemed like hours and the town was nowhere in sight.

“However, just when desperation was about to grip us, we saw a light, a gloriously bright light, shining over the steep hill ahead of us. We ran up the hill that blocked us from the light and were flabbergasted by what we saw. Just over the hill, Rick and I saw what could only be described as a futuristic city with lights streaming out of every window of the massive, metallic towers. In the middle of the futuristic city was a huge silver dome.

“I stared at the city, stunned, until Rick elbowed me, which pulled me out of my trance and he pointed to the sky. Hovering above the city were hundreds of hovercraft. One flew toward us with amazing speed.

“Rick and I were so scared that we took off running back to the broken down truck. I never looked back, but I felt someone watching me the whole way. When we got back to the truck, it started without difficulty. Rick and I took off as fast as we could in the opposite direction. We never went back or spoke of it again to this day.”

Blips in Time

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Does anyone else think if Time travel into the past was possible that we would of already most likely been visited by people from the distant future?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I really enjoy these stories.

If someone does digging maybe they can find the ladies account from this story. That would almost certainly be proof if the source was well enough.

In October, 1969, a man identified only as L.C. and his business associate, Charlie, were driving north from Abbeville, Louisiana toward Lafayette on Highway 167. As they were driving along the nearly empty road, they began to overtake what appeared to be an antique car traveling very slowly. The two men were impressed by the mint condition of the nearly 30-year-old car - it looked virtually new - and puzzled by its bright orange license plate on which was stamped only "1940." They figured, however, that the car had been part of some antique auto show. As they passed the slow-moving vehicle, they slowed their car to get a good look at the old model. The driver of the old car was a young woman dressed in vintage 1940s clothing, and her passenger was a small child likewise dressed. The woman seemed panicked and confused. L.C. asked if she needed help and, through her rolled up window, indicated "yes." L.C. motioned for her to pull off to the side of the road. The businessmen pulled ahead of the old car and turned onto the shoulder of the road. When they got out... the old car had vanished without a trace. There were no turnoffs or anywhere else the vehicle could have gone. Moments later, another car pulled up to the businessmen and, quite puzzled, said he had seen their car pull off to the side... and the old car simply vanish into thin air. (See Time Traveller for more details on this story.)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
These are awesome stories, however, I emphasize the word "stories." A lot of them sound like something someone would see while taking drugs. Aliens chilling at a texas roadhouse driving egg cars? Cmon

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that, with one exception (the paralyzed woman) the stories involve traveling from one point to another. I wonder if that has anything to do with the alleged anomalies?

"After all, we're all time travelers, moving into the future at the same rate."

The 1960's men passed the 1940's car and it disappeared. They could see it in front of them, but not behind them. The driver in the car behind them saw them pass and then saw the car disappear. Did their speed in passing disrupt something?

The girl who ended up paralyzed was removed from the hut, not of her own volition but by her friend. Her travel was interrupted. If she had walked in and then out on her own accord, maybe nothing would have happened to her?

Anyways, fascinating. Thanks OP!

edit on 22/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooshtime
Does anyone else think if Time travel into the past was possible that we would of already most likely been visited by people from the distant future?

You're talking about planned trips the thread is about unplanned trips, where the parties involved are dumbfounded as to how and why it happened!

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
well, here is my interesting story...

In 1976 i was walking with my friend to the park..

on the way there i was singing "Nice day for a white wedding" by Billy Idol..

my friend asked me where i had heard that song as he had never heard it..

I told him i hear it all the time on the radio..

he said he had never heard it..we just shrugged it off...

the song "White wedding" was released in 1982....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

That could have been any number of other things: 1. Psychic premonition, 2. Mental telepathy, if Idol was writing it at that moment it is possible. or 3.Remote viewing Idol writing the song? Or it could definately be the slipping of time. Who knows. Anyway cool story

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've read all the "true" stories on about.com and some of them were debunked. I'm thinking esp. of the Utah girls story. I must admit I like that one, it sounds straight out of the Outer Limits or Twilight Zone TV series or like a good urban legend.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Great, stories, great post. I too have always loved the time travel stuff, it really does spark the imagination.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join