It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention All Sun gazers: You Are Doing It Wrong!!! Avoid the Blindness Inducing Error.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
IMHO that is, and based on my own experiences.

In the past few weeks I've noticed a few threads mentioning the practice of sun gazing,
1st – you should never stare/focus directly at/on the sun;
You Will Damage Your Eyes!!!!
I have a small period sized black dot in my vision due to an initial misunderstanding of the correct practice. And so do/will most of you “if you take no heed of my words”.

2nd – There is more than one reason it’s called “The Occult” [that which is hidden], one of the reasons is the sheer amount of misunderstanding, misdirection, outright deception, and accumulated errors passed on due to the aforementioned, as those who study/practice ceremonial magic have learned ,often to their detriment, where Aleister Crowley is concerned; he had a very strange sense of humor and would often switch things around, so as to keep the student on their toes, so to speak, also to keep these things out of the hands of the “profane” so that the results vary between “nothing happened” to OMG!!!!!! I Am Never Going To Do This Stuff Again!!! [The Horror!!! The Horror!!!] .

3rd the following quote covers the how and why of sun gazing:

"No," la Gorda replied. "Dreaming takes too much power. None of us has that much power. ... The Nagual said that the best way of getting energy is, of course, to let the sun inside the eyes, especially the left eye." I told her that I knew nothing about it, and she described a procedure that don Juan had taught them. As she spoke I remembered that don Juan had also taught the same procedure to me. It consisted in moving my head slowly from side to side as I caught the sunlight with my half-closed left eye. He said that one could not only use the sun but could use any kind of light that could shine on the eyes. I wanted her to tell me more on the subject. She put her hand on my writing pad and said that we had a terribly busy day ahead of us and we needed to store energy in order to withstand it. We had, therefore, to energize ourselves with the sunlight. She said that the circumstances required that we take the sunlight with the left eye. She began to move her head slowly from side to side as she glanced directly into the sun through her half-closed eyes. A moment later Lidia, Rosa and Josefina joined us. ... It was a clear day. The sun was just above the distant range of mountains. They started moving their heads in perfect synchronization. I joined them and had the feeling that I too had synchronized my motion with theirs. They kept it up for about a minute and then stopped. All of them wore hats and used the brims to protect their faces from the sunlight when they were not bathing their eyes in it. La Gorda had given me my old hat to wear. We sat there for about half an hour. In that time we repeated the exercise countless times.

The Second Ring Of Power by Carlos Castaneda

The trick is to look in brief snatches through the corner of your eyes maintaining a constant awareness/knowledge of the suns position throughout the day and have that carry over into your dreams as a lucidity trigger.
The true sun you are supposed to gazing at/contemplating is the Etheric Sun of the Dreaming. Followed by the Astral “Sun behind the Sun”, a different though related subject.
Not the Physical/Material sun.
Just trying to find the sun or moon in the sky and seeing how it actively avoids being seen can "wake you up".
It is a pretty awesome light of a million suns experience, when you finally catch it.

the energy/power obtained can of course be used for other kinds of practices/works, the emphasis on the left eye in the quotes are as pertains to dreaming.

I hope this thread will be of help in preventing the development of a blind spot that can a detriment/obstacle in your development.

edit on 21-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comments

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I'm an avid sungazer and have gotten that spot once and it lasted for about a day it was very scary. the only reason this happened is because I didn't listen to my body.

I was doing the time thing and I did about 4 minutes one day, then the next day my eyes wanted to close after about 2 minutes. I pushed myself to go over 4 minutes even though my eyes said no and thats where I went wrong.

The trick is to listen to your body.

I've done well over an hour directly staring at the sun, in hawaii and haven't had any problems. If you stare during the safe hours it really shouldn't be a problem.

I know one one sungazing website, the guy says you might get a black spot in your eye, but the way to get rid of it is to continue sungazing.

I don't know, follow your inner guide. I hope your eyes get better.

Peace

Mike

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Very good advice. Listen to your body. I'm curious as to how both you and the OP have practiced this. In the way that I learned and practiced (not currently, but the Castaneda technique makes me curious, ) there are a number of rules to protect the eyes and energy system.

1) Only within the first hour after sunrise or the hour before sunset. Be aware of the UV level
2) Build up 10 seconds a day, 10,20,30...minute, minute ten, etc. There is no need to gaze for over 45 minutes.
3) Standing with straight spine is preferable but you can sit too. Always keep direct contact with the ground with bare feet and engage in some sort of Yin activity like Qi Gong or conscious barefoot walking for at least a half hour afterward.

I'm curious if your practice has been similar or if not what the differences have been
edit on 21-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: cleaning

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Coyote, yes I started the same with the 10 seconds then 20 seconds and so on. But eventually I stopped keeping count and just would keep gazing until my body said to stop. Now a days the first 45 minutes of gazing in the morning is just like watching a light bulb in your living room.

Ever since winter hit, i dont gaze as long and I gaze in the evenings because the mornings are dam cold.

I've also noticed that if I have caffeine, or too much sugar in my body, its almost impossible to stare for very long. Its quite strange. Best to do it on an empty stomach.

It really is addictive.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just use Baader solar film, the only safe way to look at the sun.
If you don't have it you will do yourself damage.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hello, can you elaborate in the thread what this achieves ? Energy gaining was it? What kind of energy do you mean, like do you find yourself more enthusiastic to go and do something after gazing at the sun or what?

Thank you :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eathis

Here's an interesting site for you.

sunyoga.info...

Here is the page on that site that shows you the benifits.

sunyoga.info...

Be sure to check out the pics too.
edit on 21-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The trick is to listen to your body.

In this case the body can be trusted to avoid harm, it must be pointed out however that this applies only to the disciplined body, if your body craves alcohol or drugs...

If you stare during the safe hours it really shouldn't be a problem.

yes, that is correct, Richard Feynman, in one of his books [surely you're joking, mr. feynman!] describes witnessing the test of the A-bomb at Trinity.

Feynman claimed to be the only person to see the explosion without the very dark glasses or welder's lenses provided, reasoning that it was safe to look through a truck windshield, as it would screen out the harmful ultraviolet radiation.

It is the UV that will damage your eyes not any amount of bright light.
the use of lenses with UV protection is advised [don't trust anything plastic, please! glass! the thicker the better as it is opaque to UV.

however as I will explain in a further post in this thread there is No need to stare at the sun for 10 min and certainly not 1hr! [not knocking your path, the title of this thread notwithstanding]

took an admittedly quick look at your links. Sunyogi Umasankar, does seem to be on the up and up, though I would prefer a clearer photo as these make him look as if he's gone blind [not the case, as other photos show,of course he isn't going to provide a clearer one for reasons I'll explain shortly,nothing sinister on Sunyogi Umasankar's part, I assure you].

I must point out that the practice of austerities and self-mortification is harmful especially to westerners/non-Asians; as these lack a supportive social milieu. now I'm sure some wouldn't mind damaging their eyes, or cutting off their eyelids as Bodhidharma is said to have done.

But there is no need to.

a well known case in point:

Siddhartha and a group of five companions led by Kaundinya are then said to have set out to take their austerities even further. They tried to find enlightenment through deprivation of worldly goods, including food, practicing self-mortification. After nearly starving himself to death by restricting his food intake to around a leaf or nut per day, he collapsed in a river while bathing and almost drowned. Siddhartha began to reconsider his path. Then, he remembered a moment in childhood in which he had been watching his father start the season's plowing. He attained a concentrated and focused state that was blissful and refreshing, the jhana.

Enlightenment

According to the early Buddhist texts,[29] after realizing that meditative jhana was the right path to awakening, but that extreme asceticism didn't work, Gautama discovered what Buddhists call the Middle Way[29]—a path of moderation away from the extremes of self-indulgence and self-mortification.[29] In a famous incident, after becoming starved and weakened, he is said to have accepted milk and rice pudding from a village girl named Sujata.[30] Such was his emaciated appearance that she wrongly believed him to be a spirit that had granted her a wish.[30]

from Gautama's page at wiki

very important note: jhana = dhyāna [contemplation] [details soon]

I'm going to answer first and then post more detailed info/practices in a bit
thanks for posting and stay tuned.

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: again, spellcheck

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

3) Standing with straight spine is preferable but you can sit too. Always keep direct contact with the ground with bare feet and engage in some sort of Yin activity like Qi Gong or conscious barefoot walking for at least a half hour afterward.

yes! grounding and keeping energy flowing without impediment are very important! Improper posture can lead to dangerous accumulations [imagine water flowing through a hose]

I'm curious if your practice has been similar or if not what the differences have been

more details and answers coming soon [later today,am composing/editing]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I just use Baader solar film, the only safe way to look at the sun.
If you don't have it you will do yourself damage.

excellent idea for those who insist, I did a quick search and see that this is legit,[it isn't mylar] but couldn't find anything concerning UV protection, also these are telscope/photagraphy filters, however pazcat, there is a point I will elaborate further on [yes! more info coming!] but basically these filters will alter the color of what you see[very important as I'll explain further on]. TY for your post/contribution [I just remembered that I've got a telescopic filter somewhere]
edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eathis

Hello, can you elaborate in the thread what this achieves ?

Yes I can and will elaborate further on [yes! more info coming!],stay tuned

Next: Clairvoyance by means of the Tattwa symbols, and more
edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Astral projection/Clairvoyance by means of the Tattwa(tattva) symbols.

taken from Art & Practice Of Astral Projection by Ophiel: Part One – The Symbols, their names, their appearances, how to make, how to color. In this system, the Symbol Method system, you are going to practice Astral projection plus Clairvoyance thru a series of Symbols called the Tattwa Symbols. The basic physical appearance of these symbols will be a diagram drawn and then colored, on, at first, a clean new sheet of paper-card board and, later, when you have mastered a little Art ability you will draw-color the Symbols on parchment and keep it wrapped in silk thereafter. The appearance of the Symbols is as follows – 1. Akasa-Ether – Egg shaped, black or indigo also a shape called the Vesica Piscis which is usually colored indigo. The name vesica piscis is the name for the inside of a fish, cut open as it were. There is more to this shape than that but get it yourself thru your meditation. You will not use the Akasa symbol in your first work. So make the symbol for now but do not attempt to use it. Its use requires more advanced knowledge. 2. Vayu-Air – Circle – colored blue medium. 3. Tejas-Fire – Triangle – red. 4. Apas-Water – Crescent – white. 5. Prithivi-Earth – Oblong – yellow. These symbols should be made on cards five inches by four inches. *** You now have your four main symbols painted in their primary colors. It is true that there is another symbol called Akasha but as you will not use that symbol for some time I will leave the description as to how to make this symbol until the last section as said before. In your future work you will need these symbols prepared in four different ways, or sixteen in all and, including the Akasha to be made, twenty all told. You now have one symbol made up and so draw and ink the outlines of three more of each symbol. What you are going to do is to make up the combinations of colors and their complementary colors. The table of complementary colors is as follows – White ------------- Complemetary to Black and/or Grey. Red --------------- “ “ Green. Blue --------------- “ “ Orange. Yellow ------------ “ “ Violet. Olive -------------- “ “ Red-Orange. Blue Green ----- “ “ Russet. Violet ------------- “ “ Citrine. Reddish Orange “ “ Green Blue. Deep Amber “ “ Indigo. Lemon Yellow “ “ Red Violet. Yellow Green “ “ Crimson. You can now proceed to paint in the proper colors on the outlines that you have prepared. We will again start with the Earth symbol. You have now an Earth symbol – a square oblong – painted golden yellow. Take your next inked outline. Paint the square Golden Yellow. Then paint the remainder of the space on the card, around the symbol, Violet. Do a good job. Next take another inked symbol and reverse this color scheme. Paint the symbol violet and the background golden yellow. Take another inked symbol, paint the symbol violet and leave the background white. You now have the Earth symbol in four different combinations and in later work you will use the different cards for different kinds of work, *** ...symbols, of all kinds, are connected with the “real” thing that they represent by definite bonds of a certain kind. In fact it is the basic teaching of Occultism that if one goes deeply enough into the deep consciousness of us all all things become one. *** ...Thus these symbols, and all symbols, are connected with the inner real things and thru this innate power connection you can connectcontact yourself, your personal self, your personality-powers, with the Inner things, and INFLUENCE THESE INNER THINGS AS YOU WILL OR WILL NOT. Also the symbols are doors thru which you can enter the inner planes, pass thru them, and then return to this plane with your knowledge. However you have had some instruction on working with symbols for the attainment of certain physical ends elsewhere in this book and therefore I am going to devote this section to the Art of using the elemental symbols as doors to the Inner planes ... *** For the first Inner plane work of this system that I am now teaching you you should use the symbol of the element of Earth – the golden yellow oblong. (Later on you will learn about another form of this Earth element symbol which symbol is called Earth of Earth. In case you know about this symbol already I do not mean the Earth of Earth symbol but the ordinary golden oblong Earth symbol.) First – Set up your room. For this work you can have a small table in the center of the room and a comfortable chair as well as a source of good light but not too bright. First perform the cabalistic cross ritual.[NOTE by OP- or whatever preparations/protection you are used to carrying out] Always precede your work with this ritual – do the four winds part also. When you have reached the fourth quarter, have invoked the Archangel Auriel and visualized the scene described previously for this quarter, then, instead of proceeding with the ritual and closing it you can stop at this point. You may seat yourself and arrange the table and chair so that you face the quarter of the North. You should have on the table the card with the Golden Yellow oblong on it and also another card of the same size which should be blank white. You may also have a support to hold the card upright so that you don’t have to hold it in your hand during this work. When you are ready take up the symbol and gaze at it steadily for about two-three minutes. The light should be focused on the card but not be too bright. You may blink your eyes easily. Do not strain yourself but act naturally and relaxed. If you find you can hold the card steady then hold it but if you can’t then use the stand. After two or three minutes set the symbol card down and pick up the white blank card, the oblong symbol but in the complementary color which, in this case, is violet. The violet symbol will have a tendency to disappear and then appear for some time, before it fades. Now close your eyes. You will see the violet square before you by the reflex action [persistence of vision-OP] of your sense of sight. Forcefully visualize this square and MAKE IT BECOME LARGE BEFORE YOU. That is enlarge it in your imagination until it becomes large enough to act LIKE A DOOR. NOW, IN YOUR IMAGINATION, STEP THRU THIS DOOR. SEE AND FEEL YOURSELF GOING THRU THIS VIOLET SQUARE AS IF IT WAS A DOOR. SENSE AND FEEL THE DOOR CLOSING BEHIND YOU. MAKE AN EFFORT TO FEEL YOURSELF INSIDE THE ELEMENT OF EARTH. *** To return to the outer earth plane from the inner earth plane you reverse the process. Step back thru the door and again feel yourself going thru the door and again feel it closing behind you. Make this return very definite and exact. Do not, for example, return suddenly by just opening your eyes and getting up physically. Keep the two planes separate and apart from each other. End the work in the Inner and return to earth following a definite path or route. *** Let us suppose you are seeking some special knowledge about a certain subject. You will have to find a symbol that represents that special knowledge. To find that symbol you will have to have a system of some kind in order to locate the exact symbol in relation to other things. The system I use, and teach, is the Caballa. In the Caballa system is a diagram called the “Tree of Life” On this tree is arranged all things. I find on this tree what thing I seek knowledge about and generally there are a number of symbols connected with that thing. I then make and color a composite symbol of the knowledge I am looking for (see above previously referred to lessons Change Name and Be a Power etc.) I then proceed to work with this symbol the same way as laid out in the preceeding instructions. I then carefully note what I see in the place I go to using the symbol as a door etc. The knowledge is very revealing.

stripped of all religious/philosophical mumbo-jumbo what Ophiel is talking about is a practice similar to and related to this:

Samyama en.wikipedia.org...

from article cited above:

Samyama is defined in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali verses 3.1 through 3.6 as follows ...

Fixing the consciousness on one point or region is concentration (dharana).

A steady, continuous flow of attention directed towards the same point or region is meditation (dhyana).

When the object of meditation engulfs the meditator, appearing as the subject, self-awareness is lost. This is samadhi.

These three together [dharana, dhyana and samadhi] constitute integration or Samyama.

From mastery of Samyama comes the light of awareness and insight.

Samyama may be applied in various spheres to derive its usefulness.

more from Patanjali
www.sacred-texts.com...

[dharana,dhyana,samadhi and Samyama are rendered as One-pointedness, meditation, realization and self-control,respectivley - OP]

Part Three on Divine Powers 3.1 One-pointedness is steadfastness of the mind. 3.2 Unbroken continuation of that mental ability is meditation. 3.3 That same meditation when there is only consciousness of the object of meditation and not of the mind is realization. 3.4 The three appearing together are self-control. 3.23 By self-control over any kind of strength, such as that of the elephant, that very strength arises. 3.24 By self-control on the primal activator comes knowledge of the hidden, the subtle, and the distant. 3.25 By self-control on the Sun comes knowledge of spatial specificities. 3.26 By self-control on the Moon comes knowledge of the heavens. 3.27 By self-control on the Polestar arises knowledge of orbits. 3.28 By self-control on the navel arises knowledge of the constitution of the body. 3.29 By self-control on the pit of the throat one subdues hunger and thirst. 3.30 By self-control on the tube within the chest one acquires absolute steadiness. 3.31 By self-control on the light in the head one envisions perfected beings.

my point and the point of this post is, that the passage of the Aeons, and the resulting paradigm shifts have distorted the interpretation/perception of the ancient teaching/practices. add cultural differences and mistranslation [both intentional and accidental] and error creeps in.

I will reiterate:
there is no need to stare/focus a quick snapshot will impress the complementary image due to persistence of vision once you are able to bring this image up in your minds eye you can proceed.

in response to other questions
re energy the left eye is emphasized[thou both eyes are used, remember the Balance] in the practice of dreaming/AP/LD, the right eye would be complementary for Outer Work.

as for my experience: I 1st encountered the works of Carlos Castaneda when I was about 12 and and often found myself unconciously practicing gazing with some mountains visible from my house this admitedly half-assed aproach never had much in terms of experiences/results however when I 1st became serious about Astral Prjoction I of course integrated dreaming practices including sun gazing into my work I found that stopping my internal dialogue was not difficult at all. the final results where pretty spectacular lucid dreams, AP's and I even had a Vision of my Totem. alas those 5 yrs passed all to quickly: college,showing off; which attracted the attention of agents of TCOTBIP resulting in just lil ol me vs an entire family of witches, and last but not least the wasting malaise that afflicts caregivers [last 5 or six yrs of my grandma's life] resulted in my "losing" all this. I am currently focusing on raising my energy levels; that being the true cause of my "problem" at present and just wanted to point out these things as there is much misdirection/error in these subjects.

oh, and my blind spot is very small and I have to look for it in order to notice it, I've always had 30-40% right eye
110% left eye so I've never bothered with glasses as the ones i wore as a kid gave me headaches.

here are some Tattva cards you can use :
VAYU-AIR
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3599f1fada1d.png[/atsimg]

TEJAS-FIRE
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d42c21da928.png[/atsimg]

APAS-WATER
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13c4f01b31f8.png[/atsimg]

PRITHIVI-EARTH
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e44df58b2d5.png[/atsimg]

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and pics

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: removed unexpected emoticon

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: again, spellcheck

edit on 22-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: once again, spellcheck

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of Carlos Castenada, he is a creative genius that is so completely overlooked by the dominant culture.

He was however, not quite the brujo that we would love to think he was.

Most of what you might read about this seems to indicate that he was indeed quite close to real, and serious practitioners of the occult he writes about. BUT, he was apparently obsessed with making money, writing books that would appeal to an audience, and he likely took major artistic license in presenting the mystical world we read about.

Which means, perhaps sadly, that there is a substantial amount of "fiction", mixed in with his expereinces, and where one draws the line is anyone's guess.

While I would always recommend Castenada for entertainment value, I would be quite careful reading too much into practices that involve sun gazing, as it is a somewhat dangerous practice, especially by those who have no idea of what it's about.

I applaud the OP for at least pointing out real physical dangers right up front. Proceed with caution!

JR

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Castaneda opened a door. To look for inter-subjective validation within the context of one's ordinary life is an entertaining side-show. Thanks, DerepentLEstranger, for the notes. They're useful.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There is a group of east european mystics who do sun gazing/energizing while wearing lots of gold and say that the gold speeds up this critical level of sun saturation, eventually waking up the third eye and then union with God.

But if you can afford it, geta colloidal gold maker and ingest prior to gazing as well as a few drops in the eyes prior to gazing. I bet this will have phenominal results based on some scientific studies that say that when sun light hits gold nano particles, they become electrified in small degrees. This could be a next step to evolution.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sungazing For Mind/Body/Soul Safely!

Safety is important. For sure. I was guided before I did research, so instinctively looked up, then down and just let the sun sing a song of colors and harmonics within. I didn't stare. Though called out after the initial seeking, for just the right moments.

But just after sunrise and just before sunset, there is a 1 hr- 30 minute window, barring clouds with metals and your eyes can tell if there are cme's brightness, to be safe, that 30 minutes is good. During that time there is no UV, normally. You have to trust your body, if its bright, don't stare.

The rest of the time, you may find yourself staring a bit, but look away, just a second or two and then look away. The safest thing to do is to tilt your head up, and let the sun flood in the corners of your eyes.

The sun is wonderful, but we need to be safe.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

According to the vedas, one acquires a taint by looking at spilt blood that can only be cleansed by glancing briefly, but fully, at the sun.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

in india people will throw away "perfectly good" food
if they see someone stare at it for too long
as it now lacks prana through a form of visual vampirism
sort of the opposite of the Evil Eye
crop blasting works on similar principles
and the old saw of witches curdling milk while it's still in the cow
this of course goes especially for blood which is often conflated with the soul in some cultures
the mosaic prohibition against eating your meat bloody being an example

these are of course animistic based beliefs

youtu.be...

from the description:

Animism 101 or the Magical Nature of the Soul OF Things

Animism is based on the theory or observation that all phenomena---not just plants and animals are animate or alive in some sense. The animist magician attempts to work with the vital principle in every phenomenon. This vital principle or "Mana" as it is known in parts of Oceania, represents both the power and the quality of all phenomenon, be It a human, animal, plant, stone, or other natural object or event. As mana is directly transferable between phenomena, animist magicians may carry or ingest certain things to add their powers and qualities to their own. Alternatively they may seek to absorb the qualities of the mana in such things to give divinatory knowledge. In many animist systems, the powers and qualities of mana are also transferable by imaginative visualization, or by some form of ritual enchantment by which the mana from some phenomenon can be used in the absence of the phenomenon itself. Alternatively, a mere part of the phenomenon, or something once part of it, can be used; for example, the claws of an eagle or someone's personal possessions. In some animist systems, mana is simply a property of any phenomenon, like its weight or volume. It is not antecedent to the phenomenon and neither does it survive its destruction. In other systems, mana is thought to precede the physical form and is considered to be the cause of its existence. This leads to more complex theories about the origin of mana itself and the survival of mana from things which have ceased to exist. Thus it can be seen that the more complex theories of animism begin to shade into spiritism.

taken from Peter Carroll's Liber Khaos

you can substitute soul with Mana, Prana, Jing, Chi, or any kind of Force, Energy, or Emotion that best suits you.

illustrative video snippet for my upcoming Magic for Idiots series
snippet taken from Bleach - 346

[I do not own the rights Bleach is copyright by creator Tito Kube and produced by TV Tokyo Corporation ,Shueisha, Dentsu, and Studio Pierrot. The moral authority of the copyright holders has been upheld]

Animism 101 or the Magical Nature of the Soul OF Things

Animism is based on the theory or observation that all phenomena---not just plants and animals are animate or alive in some sense. The animist magician attempts to work with the vital principle in every phenomenon. This vital principle or "Mana" as it is known in parts of Oceania, represents both the power and the quality of all phenomenon, be It a human, animal, plant, stone, or other natural object or event. As mana is directly transferable between phenomena, animist magicians may carry or ingest certain things to add their powers and qualities to their own. Alternatively they may seek to absorb the qualities of the mana in such things to give divinatory knowledge. In many animist systems, the powers and qualities of mana are also transferable by imaginative visualization, or by some form of ritual enchantment by which the mana from some phenomenon can be used in the absence of the phenomenon itself. Alternatively, a mere part of the phenomenon, or something once part of it, can be used; for example, the claws of an eagle or someone's personal possessions. In some animist systems, mana is simply a property of any phenomenon, like its weight or volume. It is not antecedent to the phenomenon and neither does it survive its destruction. In other systems, mana is thought to precede the physical form and is considered to be the cause of its existence. This leads to more complex theories about the origin of mana itself and the survival of mana from things which have ceased to exist. Thus it can be seen that the more complex theories of animism begin to shade into spiritism.

taken from Peter Carroll's Liber Khaos copyright Peter Carroll

you can substitute Soul with Mana, Prana, Jing, Chi,Orgone or any kind of Force, Energy, or Emotion that best suits you.

apparently YT is blocking the video snippet so i've uploaded it to my dropbox
here's a direct link for the video for those interested www.dropbox.com...
edit on 27-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi,

The most recent eclipse brought me to view the sun through my camera LED screen. (easier on the eyes)
The video was pretty indeterminate in terms of cyphering the actual eclipse though, proven fruitless without the proper filters.

I've always practiced knowing the cardinal points when I'm in-doors aside from knowing where under the sun that happens to be. Living next to the water, I feel it's pulse---and lack of it when I'm not next to the water---more inland.

I grew up wondering if I was a weird kid...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

you are not alone

we are all born much more aware than adults
socialization or the social brainwashing we all undergo to an extant
is more for the purpose of limiting and hampering us

the matter of lies is a major component
all humans are born with the innate ability to detect lies
it's usually lost due to the "go along to get along" programming

OT can you see the YT video or not ?

<<   2 >>