It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did Phage go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Response to one poster in particular, though not worth the headache, in the end.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I assumed a U2U would not be read if he is not logging on. I don't know what other forums and whatnot are out there, I made the post in case someone knew if he went to another forum, or was still active on some other forum. I'm not stalking him or anything, I just noticed that he was absent and hope he is okay.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I am glad that someone started this thread, because I have been wondering the same thing! I typed Phage in the search to see if I could find anything on him! I always enjoyed his input and intellegent responses! I too hope that all is well for him!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I got it!
Phage IS Bernard Schnitzel AND Caesar2012 and probably a lot more that we didn't knew.
He probably was so overwhelmed that they "turned" him to the dark side...
He is now preparing to unveil the biggest hoax in the history of humanity and the internet.
And THEN he will come back, and give us plenty of information that will lead us to believe.
And then, he will have won.
O! The horror!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've seen the "Phage" posting in the past. Perhaps, someone could pull up at least one notably ATS thread so I could refresh my memory of what's he's all about.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I've seen the "Phage" posting in the past. Perhaps, someone could pull up at least one notably ATS thread so I could refresh my memory of what's he's all about.

Being honest (and no offence to Phage), but i never saw the big deal? Maybe i'm missing something, but his posts were no better than any other members posts.

Can someone tell me why he had such a big fanclub?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I think much of it is just a meme.

Someone would say "Phage is the greatest" after he posted, then we would say similiar things "Where would be be without him" "Phage restores sanity to this forum" - things like that.

It was great fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

I don't know this bigfanclub you speak of, but i personally respect him because almost every contribution he made was accompanied by sources, links, images, explanations... Even when I didn't agree with his opinions, it was always interesting (and useful) to read his contributions.

There's a lot of phage-hate going around, i think it has to do with people not liking the fact that an idea or opinion is not the same as a theory. And that it is futile to argue with hard scientific facts when the only thing you have is "well i believe that..."

Cheers and Bongs.
Drakus

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Don't get me wrong, i never hated him for a second. Had no reason to. In fact i think we spoke once or twice via u2u.

Was just wondering about the phage-phenomena

CX

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If i had received such ill-mannered replies to most of the posts i constructed, i think i'd have gone for a break too.

I'm sure he's fine and will be back again soon.

CX.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I first noticed he was gone quite a while ago, along with a few of the more prominent members (maybe i will name them, but maybe not). At first I thought oh its just the holiday season, maybe vaca or something, but then after the holidays, still no return. I know that phage-meister was big into hang gliding so I was worried that perhaps there was an injury or something.

You would think that someone on staff or a mod would have some outside ats contact info and have some insight, but respected the privacy of him and is just sitting back. I was recently reading some old threads and there is a noticable difference in the quality of the posts, and Phage and the other big names are definetly missed by me, if for nothing more than the quality of the material here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I think much of it is just a meme.

Someone would say "Phage is the greatest" after he posted, then we would say similiar things "Where would be be without him" "Phage restores sanity to this forum" - things like that.

It was great fun.

The reason I would check out Phage's replies is because he dealt with facts backed up by solid sources.

No crazy theories...no BS speculation of end of the world scenarios...just facts with SOURCES that explained the event in question.

I don't think he was the "greatest"...but I think he was very good at getting information, especially in the space weather area, about an event. Like the threads that have a title of "HUGE sunspot...get ready for it to kill the Earth"...and then Phage would nicely compare the sunspot to past sunspots and show that it really isn't abnormal.

Phage had a lot of haters...even more people hate on the people that think he provided good information. I just think people don't like to see someone that knows what they are talking about debunking all the crazy talk on ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I just think people don't like to see someone that knows what they are talking about debunking all the crazy talk on ATS.

It isn't like he had a hard job. Many of his replies were just him stating the obvious or mainstream view and then posting some related excerpt he found on google.

I still can't figure out what drove the man to waste so much time correcting people. This is the internet, correct one mistake, two more pop up - it doesn't end.

Maybe that is why he is gone, he realized the hopelessness of his endeavour.

If I visualized ATS as a Boat with holes, Phage would be the man running around with only one or two corks - he's preventing one leak but by doing so another would start. He even has helpers.

But the thing is that the SS ATS isn't sinking. It's riding higher in the water than ever before.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
For a while he seemed like a nemesis,but he has been very helpful to the ATS community. I kind of look at him like the Dr. Spock of ATS.
This place can drive a person crazy sometimes. Come back Phage the ship is breaking up man.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If Phage has indeed gone for good then ATS will definately be all the worse for it, he was a respected member with considered and well thought out opinions.

I certainly never agreed with everything he posted but definately enjoyed his posts.

However, I kind of felt sorry for the guy; some people wouldn't post their own opinions until he had posted.
He was very much caught between a rock and a hard place; some almost deified him whilst others almost demonised him, that must have been both embarrassing and frustrating.

I hope he returns soon, ATS has lost far too many quality members during my relatively short time here, but if he does return I sincerely hope he is left to post when HE see's fit and how HE see's fit just like any other member.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

But the thing is that the SS ATS isn't sinking. It's riding higher in the water than ever before.

Yes...because thankfully it was designed to float on BS.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
All of you are now blessed for I have spoken. The son of ATS (PHAGE) has sacrificed himself for the love of ATS members. He has passed to the kingdom of 3D, for a reason to forgive all of the TOS violations of all ATS membership from the past as well as the future.

The son of ATS (PHAGE) shall rise again. He shall resurrect as the savior of the ATS members. All TOS violations will be forgiven because PHAGE has saved us all. All you must do is accept Phage as the son of ATS and trust in him. All ye shall believe me for I am wiredamerican.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Hello everyone. I have just joined ATS after many years of just viewing. I noticed Phage has been missing as well. Where has he gone?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Surprised nobody had posted/researched this yet.

I will make no claims as to why PHAGE parted ways with us...HOWEVER

Recommend you research his last posting, one post prior and the rest of the posts on Page 7 in the thread below.

Even a note from Springer...

UPS902 Contrail...ATS Thread

t

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I remember when that all went down. Wasnt much different than alot of threads, a bit more infighting amongst seasoned members, but I didnt think it was all that bad. In the end, Dr. Phage was correct in the assessment and Boon even recanted his point. I dont think that would have been enough to drive him away, but perhaps.

Maybe it was just the last ATS straw, but I doubt it.
I have a feeling that he will be back, if he isnt already with a new handle to avoid the notoriety that he had gained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join