It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one whose sick and tired of ghost shows?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I mean it's cool that there are more shows about the paranormal on now there then there was in the past but the problem is that the shows are all the same. I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures almost religiously and every show is the same.

They go somewhere they think is haunted , meet with some people who've been to said place and talk to them , go back to said place at night , get a few videos/photos and EVPS , review them and then the show ends and they never ever say one hundred percent if it's a ghost or not.

It's always " It might be a ghost , it might not. We don't really know or have enough proof."How do they not have enough evidence in like six seasons of ghost hunters to say if something is haunted or not?

plus why is it called ghost hunters? When you hunt something , you're suppose to catch it nobody. Any hunting show I see about deer or fish , they always catch deer or fish. How come this doesn't happen on ghost hunters? How can you make a show about hunting and only get videos and voice recording of the thing your hunting?

The show should be called ghost photography or ghost voice recording because it's clearly not ghost hunters.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just kind of fed up with these shows.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

YES YES YES!!! And right beside them stupid Vampire shows, Did You see that Being Human?

Vampire Diaries, etc. They need to go. Love more stuff like Fringe and x-files or something with at least some scientific knowledge behind it that makes you think, expands your perception or leads you to some research!!!!
edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: @!)&$)&!)$% spelling blarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I wouldn't knock vampire diaries. That show is actually quite well written for a CW show.

Then again I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff. Trublood among others as well..

On topic: I hate all those ghost shows. None of them can even be considered remotely true...

The only good ghost hunt is your own.

!Keeper
edit on 1/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Another thing that annoys me about the ghost shows is why does that guy zach always seem angry at the ghost and taunt him? Is he planning to fight the ghost or what?

And why is he always wearing a black t-shirt? I've probably seen that guy a hundred and fifty different times and every time he's wearing a black t-shirt.

Do black t-shirt attract people from the other side orsomething?

The worst one is probably an American Hautning where people stay in houses they knew to be haunted for months on end.

I mean I've never had a ghost in my house but I imagine after like the first eight teams they made themselves know to me I would either get over or it or move.

I wouldn't stick around and curl up into a ball and cry everytime it happens when it's been happening non-stop for months at a time.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I can't stand them either. But I watch every one of them. It is like a stimulant because I pick them apart and get angry at some of the nonsense. There is nothing real about edited primetime in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
O, finally somebody says it too!
I cannot stand it anymore with all these fake/real, ghost/debunking shows.
And what's worse than the initial let-down is that they show the "ghost car" (not) going "through" the fence in every commercial break, when we all knew that it lifted the fence in the first place.
Where are the old shows when the hairs on your arms stood erect, and you couldn't walk from the lounge to the bedroom?
I recall a show about a ghostly hitch-hiker as a kid, but it was well done!
It had a real eeriness about it, and not some stunt show or reality tantrums.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I hate any of the shows where you never find out #!

one or two ghost shows had me going...like the one with the flying brick and they got really freaked out.

It was almost scooby dooish.

...but yeah...same # and then they get tired of looking at their equipment all night and start talking about team issues.

I'm like NO...DING DONG.... This is the part of the filming you cut out, jeez!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And another thing that gets to me is this constant "ghost-hunter or psychic"/"demonologist" thing.
This career description dichotomy is now quite striking in film and documentary.
Who cares?
A spirit of a really evil person would scare me much more than a demon.
Surely some sociopaths are demoniacs even in a human body.
This just seems to be pandering to a religious market.
But ooh - this is a demon. That's all that supposedly makes some hauntings special.
Well guess what?
Demons are a ghoul's best friend.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
they are annoying as heck...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What??????????? The shows are fake? Awwww, no. Damn, I really thought I was looking at real ghosts on those programmes.
Actually, one of the biggest scams in this type of show is UKs Most Haunted. There are several instances, and it has been aired on You Tube, where the fraud has been catured on cam.

It's all BS.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
At first I was excited to see some research being done into the paranormal, but now it's too much of a reality TV show, and it's not very well done. As a matter of fact I can't stand UFO shows either. The History channel used to play educational programing. I used to be able to learn something from it. Now all they do is run programs on things like UFOs, Haunted Hotels, and on things like 2012 prophecies. What's worse is that the information on those shows is outdated, and often they have guest speakers who have no credentials other than "author of this or that book". Some of these guys are known nutcases, yet they're still being presented as experts in the field. When they first began airing shows on these subjects I was enjoying it, but now they simply run these subjects over and over and over and over again. Enough is enough.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ghost Hunters Investigation could be in it's last season. Kris Williams was moved over in an attempt to boost ratings. Robb Demarest is only gone temporarily I believe. Britt Griffith was fired a few months ago for a comment he made on a radio program. I can say that I am pleased that they haven't resorted to faking evidence, because it hasn't been any more interesting this season than it ever was.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

I am not sick and tired of ghost shows as I do not watch them. I have my own proof and therefore do not need "Ghosts on demand". The UK has a particululary odious homegrown version with some perma tanned idiot prancing around being psychic. I am convinced that these shows are under a great pressure to "Sex it up" in front of the cameras. A complete crock. On day the I hope one of these ghosts kick someone's butt. Now that would be great TV
edit on 21-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think most of these shows are on their way out. Ghost Hunters (TAPS) use to be a very popular show until Halloween 2009's live show. So much of the show was so obviously faked that they became a laughing stock in the paranormal community. Then there was a British show, and on almost every episode, for a while, the ghosts were throwing pebbles at the cast. It was so funny. Sometimes the lady would jump or scream before the pebble was tossed at her. The only show that I still watch is called "Paranormal State". It seems to be somewhat genuine, except they always bring in a psychic who walks around and talks to the ghosts. But further into the show these same psychics jump and act frightened each time they hear a noise.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I used to love ghost shows and would watch them religiously, especially Most Haunted even though I knew that the 'evidence' they captured wasn't always real. It got to the point though that I'd start screeching at the TV whenever the presenters would ask a spirit to do something and when it did, would screech like crazy. What the heck were they asking it to do stuff for if they were going to scream like children?!!

Needless to say, I stopped watching those shows in case my TV became a casualty from my throwing something at it

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've been a regular viewer of Ghost Adventures. I had watched Ghost Hunters for some time, but got turned off of that show because of the increased focus on 'dramatics' and the general smugness of the investigators.

I'm getting turned off of Ghost Adventures. This season, it appears that they have sacrificed the 'raw' nature of their investigation procedures in favor of entertaining re-enactments (that come off as childish and cheesy), joking around with each other (lots of inside jokes), and forced dramatic acting ("see, THIS is how we roll"). Travel-related topics that are mildly related to the content of the show have also been included. They recently they brought some celebrity investigators in-- including the actors that played leatherface and jason. Come on. It is obvious to me that the Ghost Adventure Crew are taking themselves too seriously and their fame has led them to compromise their objectivity. In fact, the 'investigations' has become way too subjective compared to previous seasons.

Also, during one 'investigation', they set up their static cameras for 30 minutes. It seems a bit strange to me that nearly every episode this season involves an EVP that supposedly says Zak's name. Additionally they are using different technologies that aren't adequately explained, and leads me to be highly suspicious that there is some form of digital manipulation happening. Digital boxes that have hundreds of vocabulary words in them? Really?
edit on 21-1-2011 by MKULTRA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I mean it's cool that there are more shows about the paranormal on now there then there was in the past but the problem is that the shows are all the same. I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures almost religiously and every show is the same.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just kind of fed up with these shows.
Well if you're fed up with them, then don't watch them. I watched about one season of ghost hunters, and figured out exactly what you said about it, so decided enough was enough and just quit watching.

It's just entertainment.

Didn't one of the guys get caught faking some "evidence" like making a noise then asking "what was that?" I didn't see that one but I read about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i enjoyed the first episode of taps, by episode 5 or 6 i was sick of its repetitiveness and could see that they where desperately in need of footage, soon after that every ghost hunting show insulted my intelligence.
edit on 21-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: speelin

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was so thrilled when these shows first started appearing on television! As a man with a long-time interest in the paranormal, this was like Christmas.

Then Derek Acorah started showing up on one of the shows.

Then Paranormal State started up.

Then TAPS started to get fishy.

I'll still watch Ghost Adventures. I think they get some pretty good evidence through the traditional methods, but I don't care at all for the Ovilus and word-goggles stuff. If you can get a hold of their documentary from before they had a TV show, it's definitely worth a watch. I'm pretty sure that Netflix is carrying it right now, actually.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You folks are sick and tired of these shows. Oh, the horror of it all! Do your parents force you to watch them? Does your television have a channel selector or maybe an on/off switch? For most people it's a pretty simple solution. Sorry you haven't found your way there yet. All in good time.

<<   2  3 >>

join