It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity for practice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I was browsing the internet and ran across this:

Warrior Dash

Warrior Dash is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping extreme run from hell.

For anyone wishing to put their escape capabilities to the test this looks like a fun way to do it.
Granted, its not as long or rough as a real escape from disaster would be but it would give one an idea of what they are capable of without the life and death risks involved.

edit on 20/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: fixed carriage return

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I suppose this would be good practice for anyone not prepared or is prepping on the fly.

My plan is to stay put as we are already out in the boonies, so to speak. Practice for us comes on a regular basis with ice storms, power outages from storms and hurricanes, and even drought.

The house is fully stocked as is the root cellar, we've plenty of ammo and supplies..lots of livestock and fruits and veggies planted and with spring on the way...more chickens, bigger gardens, and hopefully,...another litter of piglets in a couple of weeks and kid goats by spring.... I do need to cut next years firewood as we have burned a lot this winter.

I would be a fool to leave all of this.

That being said...there are worst case scenarios where we might have to leave...but that would have to be really bad...Plan B is grab the basics...load the horses... goat herd in tow...and head for the Blue Ridge mMtns...ing west and using power line cuttover right of ways to avoid traffic and people.

God Speed.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Agreed, we plan to stay put if at all possible. We have the same practice as you - life in general. Inclement weather taking out the power lines, impassible roads, planting, harvesting, preserving, cutting wood etc. etc. etc.

There are those, however, that something like this might prove their strengths or show their weaknesses and give them an idea of what they might need to work on.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

AWESOME!

I am definitely doing this. Each location is a little bit different, so it would be great to travel around and do several of them! I just missed the cutoff for the Florida one, but I am signing up for the October one in Missouri, and I might try to do Alabama and Tennessee. This looks like great fun and a great challenge.

Nice Find!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know, I wish I were younger because it looks like great fun. Even 10 years ago I'd have given this a shot
Now I'd be stupid to do something like this unless it were life or death, and probably in a life or death situation it would be the death of me

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yea I may have to do this in august in new York with a buddy of mine. Anythingwith beer a Viking hat and competition I'm all for !

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This looks like way more fun then the urban races! Complete with beer and fried chicken, too!
I would do this, if for no other reason than for the mud and fried chicken.

top topics

join