It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on a government watch list? I know I am.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I joke about it sometimes. But I honestly doubt I am... and if I am, I am sure the people who put me on said list would be sorely disappointed in what they found... Just an average guy who has an interest in the unknown and paranormal.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This idea has crossed my mind many a time. I've never flown, actually, never been to an airport, so far I've driven everywhere far, and visited Canada only (before you needed a passport).
I'm a bit curious and a bit worried about the first time I want to go fly to another country, something I plan on doing quite extensively in the coming years.
Of course there is nothing to find when anyone really investigates me.

Then again, a lot of us here would make a great person for tptb to frame/fall guy, I think. Basically because we're having this conversation right now and because we question things and seek the truth, whatever it may be.

But fear not, I believe, we are upon a time of great change, more and more subjects that I've told friends about in the past are now becoming commonplace and even are covered on news/web/common knowledge. I'm no prophet, that's for sure. We've been all seeing it for a long time. But the majority of people who generally operate on sheeple made are slowly but surely picking up the pace and realizing what's going on.

Not only that, but Zeitgeist 3 is coming out soon!
What a help that will be!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A watch list? Be thankfull if you are only on some list somewhere. I mean they can always go "Trumans World" on you.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What on earth is scary about vegetarians to the DHS or whomever? That makes absolutely no sense unless they are afraid of radical vegetarian terrorists with an agenda to free all livestock from the clutches of Monsanto?

Ooh did typing all those trigger words just land me on a watch list?

Does my liking for barbecue make me a trustworthy citizen?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
actually< i've been wondering if I was on a watch list for 5 years now.

any of you so called "cops" might be able to help me. I have a bench warrant in MI. I have no intention of ever turning myself in, so am I on the no-fly list? yes or no will suffice, no need to try and talk me into doing the "right thing". I just want to know if a bench warrant can keep me from going to my sisters wedding next year

hit me up on a u2u if you really know anything about this. i won't be checking back on this thread
edit on 20-1-2011 by Electric Crown because: I like pizza rolls

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I am probably on a list somewhere and here's why...
1.I am a christian
2.I am a gun owner
3.I am a member of a conspiracy theory website
4.I support Israel
5.I am outspoken against islamic terrorists

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

1.I am a christian
2.I am a gun owner
4.I support Israel

how scary, next step is jaywalking or double parking. No one is looking at you. That's some 6th grade ouija board #####. Hate to break it to you, but you are a typical american.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can testify to the airport screenings and passport anomalies.

Every time I've taken a flight in the past three years, I get the "just a moment" and then have to wait a while while they do "something," sometimes they walk away and sometimes they phone. I'm asked to step aside, and then someone else comes over and i have to answer a lot of questions about where exactly I'm going in _insert name of city_, who I'm meeting, how I know them, what I'm doing when I get there, how long I'm staying, and when I'm returning. The questions are often repeated. All this happens at check in (If I try to check in at the curb, I'm told I have to go inside), before the actual security checkpoint. It hasn't gone to the point of being stuck in a room or searched and I've had not incidents at the security portion. This is especially awkward when traveling with the kids or business colleagues.

Also, my passport renewal a couple (maybe almost three) years ago took 15 weeks. Luckily, I didn't have anywhere to be out of the country or I would have been screwed. It finally was renewed with no explanation. Calling for status was virtually pointless...all I ever got back was,,,it's in process.

I don't know why I would be on any list other than maybe what I post here, as this is the only place I really voice my opinions, which aren't particularly subversive or fringe. At first I speculated that some of this was because of my father, who once worked for military intelligence and was told he could never again travel to communist bloc countries, or because of my ex, who worked for the NSA as a contractor and could not leave the country for a specified amount of time after the contract ended or ever travel to communist bloc countries. Now I'm not so sure about this part, because prior to, again, about 3 years ago I never had any issues and traveled pretty extensively.

Anyway...thanks for this information. A few things make a bit more sense now. I knew the lists (there are several from what I understand, or at least different categorizations on the two main lists).
edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

LOL that is my concern. I am suppose to fly for the first time this spring, and I purchased a big NO NO book on Amazon a while back.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The sad thing is...
Yeah.
It's really pathetic how much they're putting into these terrorist lists only to put everyone and their brother on them for stupid reasons.

I know for a fact people in my family are being watched.
Myself possibly included.
I'm scared to fly now.
It took me ages to get my passport and now I wouldn't even hink of leaving the country
Especially after them giving me the third degree about my place of work and who I live with when I was fourteen and trying to leave Canada?

I'd really like to see "what they've got" on us.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

1.I am a christian
2.I am a gun owner
4.I support Israel
LOL.
Now add combat vet with knowledge of explosives and collector of weird and rare books. I also think being an armchair historian on top all that doesn't help. My only question is whether I am on the red list or the blue list.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I may be a little paranoid here, but am pretty sure that an agent was sent to spy on me at a local bar I went to for a while. I think maybe this was some sort of unspoken interview to see if I truly was a threat to the government and needed to be dealt with, or if I was just someone who was curious but not really prone to violence or anything.

The guy came into the bar, and honestly did some subtle, yet creepy things to gain insight into my beliefs, and reasonings behind them. The guy looked highly intelligent, and yet had a cunning deceitfulness to him. I think he may honestly have been CIA.

Anyways, I don't think that landed me on a list, so the guy must have thought I was just a curious outspoken guy is all. Why do I think I'm not on a list? Because I've flown a few times since then without any problems, and I got my passport shortly after it was required to fly to Mexico. The process was rather quick. That much I remember.

Just don't say anything stupid like directly threatening the government. In all honesty, I'm pretty much okay with the way things are going considering the circumstances. I had some sort of change in my mindset after stumbling on an insight last week. Ever since then, things make much more sense, but tragically I just don't think most people here would relate, so haven't bothered to post a thread on it. I'm still debating whether or not to do so.

I believe you.

And really, if it were you were them, wouldn't you do the same thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, I would.

I wrote something similar in another thread:

Just as the man of a household will fight until his death to keep his family safe, so too will a government do everything within it's power to keep it's existence intact.

It's only reasonable that this entity wants to survive. As perceived threats are realized, they will be subdued in one way or another. Apparently, I wasn't a true threat.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Are you paranoid someone's watching you, or is someone watching you making you a bit paranoid.
Its a fine line.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am and i have never committed a crime in my life. I live in london, and have had no privacy for 19 years, but they perve into our family claiming anyone saying anything or doing anything is me.

Amazing how rubbish these people are. Its beyond a joke how useless humans are who get the jobs to monitor people are.

These people have never been right about my life once, in 19 years of absolutely destroying it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Are you paranoid someone's watching you, or is someone watching you making you a bit paranoid.
Its a fine line.

Both

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If I'm on that list it is for a darn good reason, and I know it! My life is so darn boring that government doctors are prescribing my files to agents who have insomnia. From what I understand no one has made it past the 2nd paragraph without falling asleep.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
HA! And they call us paranoid conspiracy theorists!

Look whos paranoid now, spying on everyone. I'm tellin ya' they are all psychopaths. Paranoid psychos. That, is a very scary thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by withopeneyes
If I'm on that list it is for a darn good reason, and I know it! My life is so darn boring that government doctors are prescribing my files to agents who have insomnia. From what I understand no one has made it past the 2nd paragraph without falling asleep.

If someone did more than just check in, I'd feel MIGHTY sorry for the poor sob who got stuck watching the woman on the computer, or the woman out with children looking harried. One hopes that sense prevails somewhat, and that not too much time is wasted on it.

One wonders exactly how many conversations about "what's for dinner", and "I wuv u too wubby bear" one poor sob can listen to before wanting to off themselves.

(on that note - thanks for fixing the echo issue on the phone. Very annoying. Mighty appreciated. Or did you just stop monitoring. If so. Bad. Very bad. You should really fix that. Is the monitoring on both sides of the line, my work, my home? If so, I'd look into that being the reason.)
edit on 2011/1/20 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Here is the thread I found about the back door codes written into programs. It is possible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join