It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the future they want to implement, is it good for you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I honestly don't understand what is so wrong with the video.

Obviously, the bulk of us are too stupid for our own good.

And that’s exactly what the makers of this video are counting on… that the bulk of the viewers will be stupid enough to agree with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Not to completely disagree with you but if you visit www.forumforthefuture.org... you will see that they say

Forum for the Future’s scenarios are not predictions or depictions of desirable futures which we wish to promote, and they do not represent our vision of a sustainable future. They are pictures of different possible futures, designed to help people understand the major trends that are shaping our world. They aim to challenge, inspire and excite, so that people feel motivated to plan for a better, more sustainable future.

And they have 4 videos, "planned-opolis" is only one, the others which you can see on the link provided show you other possible outcomes in the future...I would agree however that planned-opolis or something like it is probably what they want for us
edit on 1/16/2011 by AnonymousMoose because: spelling, changed from quote to ex-text

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I appreciate your balanced voice and hear what you are saying. I read most of their site and have studied much of the background behind this. In the end, this is probably part of the Hegelian Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis dialectic. See wikipedia entry here.

This would be the worst case scenario they would present to get people to move towards it even if they can not get all the way there. But I would bet anything they would LOVE to get it all the way there if they could!

edit on 17-1-2011 by pianopraze because: weird formating

edit on 17-1-2011 by pianopraze because: formatting

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Haven't they tried doing these things for decades now with absolutely no success?

I love those "Vision of tomorrow" things, they are absolute rubbish but it's sure to piss someone off.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Wow! Very well-financed! But only one of four scenarios mentioned, and definitely tongue in cheek. In other words, the cartoon does not portray this scenario as desirable. Our little model citizen "Vee" is just an apologist for whoever decided to organize the planet that way. She's obviously a bit off the deep end, actually.

The question is: What scenario are they actually trying to sell us?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

These animations were produced quite recently. They are based on a written report that is available for download from the site. The report takes up 4 scenarios: planned-opolis, sprawl-ville, renew-abad, and communi-city.

Of the three, renew-abad is portrayed the best. But all scenarios have plus-points and out-points. The message I get, without reading the written report, is that recycling, non-fossil fuels, and other sustainability strategies will work best in the long run, but will result in tight economics and a general decrease in standards of living compared to today. Also, some who didn't want to go along with the plan will feel left out and could cause political unrest.

In other words: it's hard to decide. Every option has trade-offs. And this particular study focused only on solving the problem of urban transportation. So what it seems to be selling us is the idea of limitations, of having to make sacrifices in order to survive in a crowded world.

This group, centered in the UK apparently, has been around for years and has been producing all kinds of fancy reports. But what I see in all of it is the extreme conservatism of present-day academia and science. To come up with better answers will require a more cheerful approach to the problem. And I don't think this group is inclined in that direction. So I get mixed messages from these animations and the web site. Overall, the sense is: we want to do the best thing, but we can't decide, so we're really not doing much of anything.

The Powers That Be have their "answer." If we don't like it, we need our own.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

The problem with the four plans is that they want to implement the plan in the OP. This is UN agenda 21. They have published it for years. That is where the other videos come into play. So far from being tongue in cheek, as it might seem, it fits into their published agenda. Agenda 21 breaks down to National Strategy for a Sustainable America in the U.S. Then state and local levels. So the way to fight it is at the local level. And it is even more insidious because it's tendrals are everywhere in seemingly small or medium size, which makes it harder to fight. But the end is all humanity relocated to mega-cities.

Yes the video is probably part of a Hegelian dialectic... but it IS the end they want implement.

And, as you point out... it is up to us to change it.

That begins with awareness, which I am raising. Continues through action which I call people to in my thread here. and if we are wise, ends in peaceful change towards a real sustainable future. One not based on becoming a transhumanistic mind controlled worker drone.

If we don't actively work to stop this, this video is where they WILL take us.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I liked how the BP logo was spinning behind the Mortar board at 1:51, seems to even has the right BP colours
and I wondered about Vee,
her accented lent itself more to a V for vendetta type of state Utopia, where only the rich can afford to drive cars

for some reason, my gut says there is something really wrong with the vid..
edit on 17/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Exactly!.

The majority of people are too stooooooopid to give anything any real thought at all.

The ones who are capable of thinking for themselves will be considered a threat.

No wonder drugs and alcohol are so popular,the only other escape is death.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12

i fear tht future in the video and so should you, !!!

It's not pretty is it?

But our leaders, governments and global businesses DO plan ahead. They collect facts, evaluate situations and try to steer everything to avoid collapse and chaos.

The OP vid IS a legitimate scenario, showing us that this is where we could be headed if we don't step up to the plate, plan and create better alternatives.

Bottom line: if we don't come up with a better alternative ourselves, we'll be stuck dealing with whatever our "leaders" manage to pull together.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I liked how the BP logo was spinning behind the Mortar board at 1:51, seems to even has the right BP colours
her accented lent itself more to a V for vendetta type of state Utopia, where only the rich can afford to drive cars

Good eye! There are reasons they choose these things. These people are steeped in esoteric knowledge and propagate there propaganda through means of symbols and sigils which effect the subconscious awareness and provoke change through subliminal archetypes.

I.E. they fight dirty. Once you study these esoteric subjects you begin to understand consciously what your subconscious is picking up.

This video promotes a cognitive dissonance which your gut can't resolve. Your gut gets upset by this because they are creating this subliminal cognitive dissonance.

What is cognitive dissonance? It is a dirty trick TPTB often use to change your thinking subliminally.

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[1] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying. It is one of the most influential and extensively studied theories in social psychology.

Source.

In this video they present a beautiful city with an ugly premise. You want to live in the beautiful city, but you don't want the Orwellian control. Then they show an ugly city with a good premise. You can live free, but you have to live in a hell with no essential services.

A huge dissonance is created live free in misery, or be controlled in beauty... so your mind does not want to accept this dissonance and you are led to the outcome they want... be controlled.

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

Exactly!.

The majority of people are too stooooooopid to give anything any real thought at all.

The ones who are capable of thinking for themselves will be considered a threat.

Freedom comes through the mind. All great thinkers have always said this. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna... you insert your favorite here. Truth sets one free. Fear is in the mind. Do not fear and you are free.

Some people use drugs and alcohol to escape the fear. Others use the truth.

The educational system, as I showed in an earlier thread, wants to indoctrinate you into this non-thinking way of life where alcohol and drugs seem to be your only out.

Truth is subversive.

Go truth!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Nice system. Any idea how much it would cost to set up a system like that?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I remember when Carlin died,all of the non-thinking,indoctrinated christians were saying he would surely go to hell.

The truth is,he escaped hell.

Lololololololol.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Good eye! There are reasons they choose these things. These people are steeped in esoteric knowledge and propagate there propaganda through means of symbols and sigils which effect the subconscious awareness and provoke change through subliminal archetypes.

I.E. they fight dirty. Once you study these esoteric subjects you begin to understand consciously what your subconscious is picking up.

This video promotes a cognitive dissonance which your gut can't resolve. Your gut gets upset by this because they are creating this subliminal cognitive dissonance.

What is cognitive dissonance? It is a dirty trick TPTB often use to change your thinking subliminally.

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[1] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying. It is one of the most influential and extensively studied theories in social psychology.

Source.

In this video they present a beautiful city with an ugly premise. You want to live in the beautiful city, but you don't want the Orwellian control. Then they show an ugly city with a good premise. You can live free, but you have to live in a hell with no essential services.

A huge dissonance is created live free in misery, or be controlled in beauty... so your mind does not want to accept this dissonance and you are led to the outcome they want... be controlled.

Exactly!.

Freedom comes through the mind. All great thinkers have always said this. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna... you insert your favorite here. Truth sets one free. Fear is in the mind. Do not fear and you are free.

Some people use drugs and alcohol to escape the fear. Others use the truth.

The educational system, as I showed in an earlier thread, wants to indoctrinate you into this non-thinking way of life where alcohol and drugs seem to be your only out.

Truth is subversive.

Go truth!

So you are proposing that this is not really an actual plan, per se?
But more of a plan to incite those that see it. Useful idiots are the target?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I watched the vid. And I've read the posts.
Seems there are two camps, primarily. Those that would enjoy this "utopia" and those that fear it.
I'm in the "fear it" camp. Just my opinion, mind you, but those that want it?
A quote by Ben Franklin. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I remember when Carlin died,all of the non-thinking,indoctrinated christians were saying he would surely go to hell.

The truth is,he escaped hell.

Lololololololol.

Ohhhhhh.... I really miss George Carlin!

So much truth, said so well.

This planet does not need saving. It will go on quite well after we kill ourselves off. The rich will sterilize us with GMOs and once the people realize how bad they are ******* they will rise up and kill off the rich and the cockroach will rule the world!

Originally posted by macman

So you are proposing that this is not really an actual plan, per se?
But more of a plan to incite those that see it. Useful idiots are the target?

Oh this is their actual plan. They have said it over and over and are in the process of implementing it as we speak.

What I'm saying it this is a very tricksy video loaded with cognitive dissonance. They are steering you towards what they want with very manipulative subliminal psychological techniques.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by matrix12

Yes, freedom ghetto's. Seems link an apt label to me. Ghetto's are for fools, and foolish people are the one's who spout out about their freedom's being destroyed, while not comprehending the necessity behind needing to be "controlled". If you want to be an idiot and think that we're not currently a cancer on this earth, fine. Grow up and join humanity.

You obviously have not a single clue of who I am. Like, zero, but it's funny to hear your irrational assumptions keep a rollin'!

edit on 16-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.
Are you sane man? I think I am grasping the concept of who you are. Average height, Average hair color, Average eye color, Average muscle build - Am I hitting a nail? It seems to me you want everyone to be the same. Mindless Zombies being controlled from afar by a giant brain. That is the gist of it, no? Listen, if you want every aspect of your life controlled, what you eat, where, when, etc. There is a place for it.

It's called the Mental Ward. County Jail, School. I think you either are there now, or this is your ideal community. If you wouldn't like it there, you surely wouldn't lioke it in an Agenda 21 type world.

Cancer? You think controlling a cancer will better the host? The host is still affected. So next time you opt to "control the cancer" take a few pointers from the top-notch controllers:

Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Il is doing it as we speak. Hell, in your eyes their country must be Perfetc, eh? Controlling the water, how they think, what jobs they are in? Heh, yeah, you must be pretty insane NOT to want to be controlled like that! That's the life! [sarcasm intended]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Sadly enough I think this is an honest, thinking person.

If this is the case I see them as highly indoctrinated by the MSM and the educational system which is set up to breed people who view the world as he does. See this post for the UN plan to make people like this.

Or they could be trolling or a dis-information agent .
edit on 17-1-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

edit on 17-1-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
forumforthefuture.org

Most organisations now recognise that global challenges like climate change, food and energy security and population growth will mean big changes for the way they operate. Forum for the Future’s role is to help them find their way to a sustainable and successful future.

We help businesses and public service providers to understand and manage the risks that change will bring, to find new opportunities in tackling these global challenges, to implement their own commitments to social and environmental responsibility, and to work with others to overcome barriers to action. We then share what we learn to help others work towards a more sustainable society

Founded in 1996, Forum for the Future is an independent, non-profit organisation with a mission to promote sustainable development. We believe there is a practical route to a better future where we – and generations to come – can prosper, sharing the resources of one planet. And we believe business and public service providers have a vital role to play in creating that future.

Our 70 staff help them future-proof their strategy, innovate low-carbon products and services, and equip their top people with the skills they need to ensure their organisation is fit for the future.

Forum for the Future is a charitable organisation, and everything we do ultimately benefits the public. We help companies and public sector bodies understand sustainable development, and we share the results of our work widely so that organisations all over the world can develop products and services which are environmentally sound, socially just and economically viable. We seek to inspire them – and the wider public – with our vision of a sustainable world which is better for us all.

Fantastic Stuff

edit on 17-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
For a reputable organization, there sure are some easily spotted grammar and spelling mistakes within their website.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join