It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie picture I took with my cell at a festival.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Been waiting to get past 20 posts so I could share this. Maybe it's just me but I thought this was pretty creepy. Took it at a musical/hippie festival in The Middle of Nowhere, New York a couple years back with my cell. I was told the location had something to do with Native Americans but I don't know if that was true. Let me know what you all think!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18777631b1e5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What are we supposed to be looking at? I don't see anything other than a load of people around a fire in a forest

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like a face with a hook nose is appearing in the fire to me.

Nice picture!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
What are we supposed to be looking at? I don't see anything other than a load of people around a fire in a forest

Oh, I see a guy with a hat. Dammit, I was worried it was just me! haha

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Is that a face I see on the middle left side of the fire?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sorry, I took a good look at it, but Im not sure what Im suppose to see in the picture

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I see your face. Interesting, but I do not believe it is anything other than a cellphone quality picture taken at night with one very bright light source and many moving subjects.

Please do not get me wrong, I am happy you shared the photo and would love to be proven wrong.

Great Picture

Welcome To ATS & Warmest Regards,

t
edit on 1/16/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Interesting - I see what appears to be a Native American face to the left of the blaze of fire. I am 1/2 Cherokee and have spent some time on Native American grounds - some very unusual experiences there. This could have been a burial ground, would be good to know the history. Thank you for sharing!
edit on 16-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Ahh, I see what you're talking about now- I genuinely didn't know what you meant/where we were supposed to be looking. You should give a pointer for the apparent less perceptive in the community, such as myself. I can see the outline of a face, and it even does appear to look how I'd imagine an old native American man to look, but it just seems like a coincidence to me; if you look at it wanting to see a face, you see a face, whereas if you look at it wanting to see smoke, you see smoke.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I see a face on the outer lower left of the flame, then one above it looking strait on, then one above that one, slightly larger, but horizontally facing the camera. it is for sure creepy, it fire does not seem quite right either.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by Boreas

Is that a face I see on the middle left side of the fire?

Yep! That's what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I see your face. Interesting, but I do not believe it is anything other than a cellphone quality picture taken at night with one very bright light source and many moving subjects.

Please do not get me wrong, I am happy you shared the photo and would love to be proven wrong.

Great Picture

Welcome To ATS & Warmest Regards,

t
edit on 1/16/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: punctuation

Thanks! And you're probably right.

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Interesting - I see what appears to be a Native American face to the left of the blaze of fire. I am 1/2 Cherokee and have spent some time on Native Americanl grounds - some very unusual experiences there. This could have been a burial ground, would be good to know the history. Thank you for sharing!

I wish I could remember where it was but that summer was pretty uh . . . blurry. haha.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

This is a bon-fire, right? What's in front of it? Can you be a little more descriptive to what we're looking at please besides what appears to be a fire?

Was this up in Ulster (or Sullivan) country by any chance near Lake Minnewaska?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It could be I suppose, I just don't really see it unless I really look at it and even then it's really hard to make it out. People see faces in anything. 9/11 devil face in the smoke, grill cheese Jesus, in wood etc. I don't rule it out though, they can appear anywhere they please.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Boreas

This is a bon-fire, right? What's in front of it? Can you be a little more descriptive to what we're looking at please besides what appears to be a fire?

Was this up in Ulster (or Sullivan) country by any chance near Lake Minnewaska?

Thanks

Hmmm . . . could be. I know I went to Stirling that year too but I don't think that was the place. I believe it was July sometime (been digging through old emails trying to figure out when/where but I don't have any of the old invites.) And it was a bonfire (it was HUGE). There were also logs laying around it so I imagine the shorter figure in front of the fire was sitting down. The only reason I mentioned the Native American connection is because when we got there I was told not to use certain long wooden poles leaning against trees because they were sacred but the kid who told me that might've just been pulling my leg/on something.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It looks like your camera captured a split second where the smoke looked like something vaguely human. I'm guessing if you had taken a pic one tenth of a second later the smoke would look completely different.

Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

After reading your post I took another look and I did see the faces you spoke of and there appears to be a face of a wolf on the upper right side of the fire.

I guess if you look long enough and hard enough you could probably see more.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Which festival was this? I helped build one at a NY location years back.

MotherEarth Festival and Harvest Moon Jamboree. It was located near Onieda Lake. Was it this one? It had a 1200sq ft wooden stage, hills and another tent stage on top of hill.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

45 DEGREE PROFILE OF A VERY SCARY FACE COMING OUT OF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FIRE THROUGH THE SMOKE. NICE PHOTO

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

nice photo looks like a Native American to me holding something thanks for the post!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
To me I guess it looks like a native american face in the smoke upper left of fire and his arm wrapped around the fire holding what could be a tomahawk. cool pic thanks for posting

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join