It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proceed As Quickly As Possible In An Orderly Fashion In The Opposite Direction Of The Deniers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is now self evident that the Earth's magnetic poles are shifting. This has been predicted for 2011/2012, and is now happening.
Just turn on the news.
It's all "matter-of-fact" now.

No real mention of the years of denial and name calling: "They're just a bunch of nuts who pick and choose their facts to support an absurd argument. And besides, just because the poles are shifting doesn't mean 2012/2012 is any different than 2009 or 1724 for that matter.

I think it's time for the deniers to either re-evaluate their untenable position.
But this won't happen. They're probably in a confab at this very moment formulating the next series of denials in the very face of imminent earth changes that are becoming more and more self-evident.

Give it up. The truth is rapidly making itself known. No amount of denial or disinformation can stop what's coming down the pike.

What needs to change is how we react to the denial that is running rampant, even here on ATS.

Here's my plan: Ignore the deniers who are obviously never going to believe what's happening right now, in front of their own eyes. If we stop to try and persuade them, all we'll be doing is wasting valuable time. They're on a sinking ship. They had their chance to listen.

"It's Almost Time..."
edit on 1/15/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Can you provide links to back any of those facts up?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Magnetic pole shifts are normal, and expected. The one that shut down the Tampa airport was uncommon but not so much so as to lend itself to hyperbole or claims of prophecy fulfillment.

NASA info on Earths "inconstant" magnetic field.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just a few questions with answers which could back this event happening

This pole shift, is there any scientific evidence to back this or are people just reading reports?

Is the sun rising and setting in positions it normally wouldn't?

If the north pole has shifted 10 degrees, how long has this process been happening for?

Could be a possibility to the die offs and other events happening around the globe at the moment.

I have not looked much into this so could you please provide a few links to get me started. If this is happening, we could be in for a rough ride...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Regarding the disinformation, it would be advisable for everybody to take the news (and views!) with a pinch of salt and a cheeky dose of imagination.
No matter the outcome, the belief that something is bound to happen in 2012 is rampant throughout the world. Governments will have to monitor news in order to avoid mass hysteria in any case. Even the most unfortunate grouping of words in a headline can act as a trigger

Most people are like, "I don’t believe something will happen, surely not" but really they are keeping their eyes peeled for something in the news that can confirm their doubts, albeit subconsciously. Even the religious believe something is about to happen.

There has never been a better time to doubt everything you read.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

You're right, the very fact that 2012 has been such a highly publicised phenomenon for a number of years and inspired tv shows, movies, music etc proves that the mass majority of people would have at least heard of it even if they don't believe in it. As time moves closer towards that year it'll be a subject talked about more and more the closer we get to it, whether anything happens or not.

Like you said, take everything related to 2012 with a pinch of salt because as we get closer to December 31st 2011, ATS will be overrun with panic and threads discussing "the end of the world" and as such, unless there is any concrete, solid evidence then we have to just take anything related to it as just an interesting debate before moving on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

It's the magnetic pole that's shifting, currently in Siberia.
not the physical one, we'd know if the physical one shifted.

and there probably wouldn't be a MSM left to deny/disinform it if the shift were big enough

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I agree, people will have to wade through the stories with much more scepticism. At least the thread debates will be quite lively…

You have to admit, the scenario can be used to their (TBTB) advantage with the correct kind of spin doctoring.
It will be interesting to see what happens, and what idiotic explanations are likely to follow...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ae329bd3fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I found a link on another similar thread (not sure which one it was now) that was written in 2002. I thought it sounded more credible being that it wasn't written in light of recent events.

The planet's geologic record has very clear evidence that pole shifts have occurred many times in the past and there is no doubt that they will occur again. ( The phenomenon referred to here as a "pole shift" is not the shifting of the crust by thousands of miles, but rather, changes in the magnetic field of the planet.

But recent evidence from studying the alignment of iron particles in lava flows found one case where the Earth's magnetic field shifted 80 degrees in 13 days.

Compasses would obviously be effected as would all navigational instruments which depend on them. So shipping, air-flight and all GPS equipment, including satellites, would be off-line until we figured out how to cope with the reversal.

I found this part to be relevant considering the last few weeks.

Migratory birds, fish and animals would become confused. This might lead to them wandering far from current feeding and breeding grounds, into areas not suitable for them, and could quite easily be concieved as leading to mass extinctions, habitat destruction and loss of life, both animal and human.

And this part too..

While this latter theory is controversial, scientists have already shown that insects can actually be killed as a result of fluctuations in magnetic fields around them, and the same experimenters have shown similar, though smaller, effects in humans, leaving them dazed and confused. If you consider the number of humans involved in operating machinery that would be life-threatening in the case of faulty operation, you can see that global effects would probably be large.

I recommend everyone to read the full article.

Informative Article

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If there is a massive poleshift that causes worldwide pandemonium you will not be able to prepare for it. Any amount of food and water rationed will be used up or taken from you and you will still have to face the flames.

All you can do if it happens is be in physical good shape, have a good heart, a spirit to rebuild society, and be at peace with yourself in case you don't live. In the meantime, don't think about it. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than a global pandemonium.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So it may not be the end then, it could be just the Earth sneezing with no long term effects to be felt.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Both poles shift as a matter of course. That's what precession is all about, physically. Since the magnetic pole and the physical pole are different, we are always dealing with this disparity. I don't know precisely what the issue is at Tampa, but I do know that area of the country is the ONLY area where the physical pole and the magnetic pole are virually the same. You can draw a line from southern Georgia through the physical pole and keep going until you hit the magnetic pole. Where I live the difference between the two poles is over 20 degrees, so any time you use a compass you have to correct 20+ degrees to get true North.

The fact that either pole shifts is, by itself, inconsequential. There's no evidence that the poles are shifting radically or that if the magentic pole is shifting, it would do much harm at all, since we already adjust for it anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Hello this_is_who_we_are-

The problem is to many people believe everything the see on TV. Most people don't understand that most of what they see on TV is to hide the truth from most of the public. Until the government and other players stop the lies most people will go on with their every day tasks that do nothing to help further the human race in any shape or form. We have been brought up and shaped as a society to not pay attention to others problems and to buy things to make us happy. The more stuff you have the more you are worth, its a very very sad time in our history. When our magnetic fields change most will be in shock because of our thoughts that the government and others are here to help us when infact we have just been giving them the keys to our rights and freedom.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
it's no big secret that mainstream science acknowledges that magnetic pole shifts occur. we're due for one and it looks like it's started. HOWEVER, what mainstream science doesn't acknowledge is fearmongerers who claim it will happen in one year. an mp shift takes thousands of years to complete.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
it's no big secret that mainstream science acknowledges that magnetic pole shifts occur. we're due for one and it looks like it's started. HOWEVER, what mainstream science doesn't acknowledge is fearmongerers who claim it will happen in one year. an mp shift takes thousands of years to complete.

Do they take thousands of years to begin? How would the beginning of a magnetic pole shift manifest? What are the signs?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Do they take thousands of years to begin? How would the beginning of a magnetic pole shift manifest? What are the signs?

The magnetic poles naturally tend to wobble around anyway, liquid iron core in Earth, variable bombardment from solar winds, all kinds of dynamics going on. Not sure how long it takes for them to flip, but would expect something like how an earthquake builds, little bit at a time, few more shakes, stress keeps building, then the big one. All to settle back down and wait until the next big motion. Measuring the rate of change of the pole movement along with input from the solar winds would help in trying to predict events.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added input from solar winds

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

But recent evidence from studying the alignment of iron particles in lava flows found one case where the Earth's magnetic field shifted 80 degrees in 13 days.

Informative Article

I'd be interested to know the source information for the "80 degree shift in 13 days".

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by daryllyn

Informative Article

I'd be interested to know the source information for the "80 degree shift in 13 days".

I would be too. He doesn't elaborate on where he got that information. I just checked for the source (I assumed the source was in one of the two links at the bottom of the "article", but its not there. You know what they say about those who assume. Oops.) in his answer and didn't find one. I will look into it and post if I find anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Oh well, I suppose you will need to ignore the fact that the pole can move up to and over 80 kilometers a day.

Oh and the fact that a pole shift would require the pole to move away from the geographic pole, but right now it is actually moving closer to it than it has for hundreds of years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Related thread. Well written and insightful:

The 2012 Forum Has Become a Snake Pit
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by GoldenFleece
started on 2/26/2011 @ 02:01 AM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join