It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really believe the conservatives and liberals are two different groups if so explain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I repeatedly hear how the conservatives are trying to kill the liberals and the liberals are trying to make us all commies and just have to ask............do you really see a difference?

Both sides support ...........
the wars in the middle east
war on terrorism
war on drugs
patriot act
federal reserve
etc

Neither side supports...........
Freedom
The Constituion
Smaller less intrusive government
Free enterprise
Etc

So I ask...........what is the difference between the two?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

No difference... it is all about the Divide and Conquer Strategy....
... there are good and bad individuals in both parties
thats why Americans should never vote a straight ticket

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Oh Please the liberals are not communist. Anyway the democrats and Republicans are both jostling for the centre of the political continuum. Both are bankrupt in terms of ideas hence they all say the same thing most of the time and overlap in many areas like a venn diagram. It is the exceptions that really define them.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
war on terrorism
war on drugs
patriot act
federal reserve
etc

What? Liberals support the wars? The war on drugs? I don't think so.

But you're right. There's not a lot of difference. But the similarities are in what they DON'T support (your second grouping), not what they DO support.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I repeatedly hear how the conservatives are trying to kill the liberals and the liberals are trying to make us all commies and just have to ask............do you really see a difference?

war on terrorism
war on drugs
patriot act
federal reserve
etc

Freedom
The Constituion
Free enterprise
Etc

This post is stupid. Wish you could dislike threads.

Ones far left, the other far right. There is a huuuuuuuge difference.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

war on terrorism
war on drugs
patriot act
federal reserve
etc

Freedom
The Constituion
Free enterprise
Etc

There are two sides. Traditionally they are called left and right.
But, to clarrify, it should actually be called those that benefit from their person in charge and those that don't benefit.
But, in my opinion, think that there are two sides. The members on the "sides" change at every election. But it is polarizing. And with polarization, you'll have a positive and a negative.

2 cents!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I never said they were commies, just that a lot of people here seem to think so.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If they arent for these things than why didnt they stop them when they controled congress and the white house? They did NOTHING to change the status quo and are repassing the patriot act

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

please explain this difference
since its so huge it should be easy

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think this is an excellent question. STAR AND FLAG!!

This is the way most rank-and-file voters view "liberal" and "concepts" from their own perspective:

LIBERALS
The "cool" people
Likes rock and roll, reggae, loud music, rock concerts
Likes to party, dance, get tattoos...nonjudgmental
Likes making fun of people who are "not cool"
Significant distrust of law enforcement
Massively distrusts "stuff my dad and/or mom (or the older generation) does"
Supports feel-good social programs and entitlements
Supports the largely unchecked use / distribution of narcotics, hallucinogens, etc. "because it's cool"
Distrusts the typical socially structuring elements of society - administrations, politicians, regulations, etc.

CONSERVATIVES

Supports a lassiez-faire type financial and economic life
Does not support lassiez-faire social / cultural elements
Does not support "feel good" entitlements "for hippies and ne'er do wells"
Seeks traditional nuclear-type families & hierarchial ordering of social and political structures
Supportive of military, law enforcement, other typical "authoritarian" type social regulators
Financially staid - lots of "saving for the future", minimal "living for the moment"
Supports "walking softly and carrying a big stick" approach to foreign policy

-------------------------------------------

Of course, these are how they perceive themselves.

The sad and embarrassing reality is that both are artificial distinctions as the result of a massive psychological operation created after WWI and imposed in earnest after WWII.

The only distinction we should search for is the degree to which a "centralized planning" model intrudes into the lives of individual citizens. The sought after answer is, of course, minimally to the extend that an ordered liberty is obtained.

If viewed through this filter, the "conservative" stance is somewhat more consistent with our ordered liberty measure. However, the way conservatism is practiced in this country does not allow an ordered liberty. It is statist, but less so than the manner the "liberals" seek to run the show.

The liberal mantra or "metamessage" goes something like this: "Be cool, man! Don't judge! Let folks do what they want, and support them in their journey...Hand over the wallet, to give to the disadvantaged, buddy, and be fair about it or we'll get the folks in charge to come to your house with belt-fed machine guns and make you be cool! It's alright man! Just have a beer and a smoke and chill!"

In both models, the central planners, the "elite intellectuals", the "chosen ones" get way too much influence in how people live their lives. It goes without saying that the "democrat"/"republican" labels are pure garbage.

"Two wings of the same bird of prey."

edit on 15-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I apologiseif I came off the grumpy end. Many here seem to equate liberal with Satanism, bestiality etc etc. Many do not understand the terms left and right because they dare not release their partisan stance. Even though it is literally killing us.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

please explain this difference
since its so huge it should be easy

I already did. Ones far left, ones far right. Youre "observations" of both parties is terrible and inaccurate.

Liberals are anti freedom for starters? You must have posted this thread for giggles.

Repealing DADT, marriage equality? Pro Woman's Choice? Global Warming? Fiscal Policies?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
The sad and embarrassing reality is that both are artificial distinctions created and imposed as the result of a massive psychological operation created after WWII.

The only distinction we should search for is the degree to which a "centralized planning" model intrudes into the lives of individual citizens. The sought after answer is, of course, minimally to the extend that an ordered liberty is obtained.

If viewed through this filter, the "conservative" stance is somewhat more consistent with our ordered liberty measure. However, the way conservatism is practiced in this country does not allow an ordered liberty. It is statist, but less so than the manner the "liberals" seek to run the show.

Love how educated your view of liberals are. Total *SNIP* and then you list specific policies of the conservatives and only your opinions about liberals.

Edit: And what you should have said about conservatives is that theyre evil, unpatriotic assholes that think they have some moral high ground over the rest of the world and perpetually try to eliminate peoples rights while liberals do what they can to promote as much equal rights as possible.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Secularist because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jan 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on Sat Jan 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Thay is the entire point of this thread is to try to shake them loose from illusion

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

both are using different approaches to achieve same goal.

1. pub-- give to the richest 10% the stuffed pig middle classes toil
2. dems-- give to the poorest 10% the stuffed pig middle classes toil

the only money left on the table is the middle classes wealth.. 2 ends of the same candle burning at full steam ahead.

when the rich have bled us dry, they will have acheived the NWO a mexico/india style economy. the rich have mansions, the other 90% live in abject squaller..

but.. at least the politicians got their spots on the lifeboat --AMERICA ===TITANIC STYLE!!!=== woohoo..

really, if you are rich or a politician wouldn't lives be even sweeter in a banana republic? than in a moral equity equal society.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So I guess the war on drugs and the patriot acts are in your opinion great strides toward freedom?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Oh Please the liberals are not communist. Anyway the democrats and Republicans are both jostling for the centre of the political continuum. Both are bankrupt in terms of ideas hence they all say the same thing most of the time and overlap in many areas like a venn diagram. It is the exceptions that really define them.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Liberals are not communists....liberals are closer to fascist-statism than to communism.

Now, before folks start whining, you need to think about what "statism" is and recognize that it is a component of how liberalism and conservatism are practiced in the US.

Obama's fiscal policies, with the nationalization of the auto industry, banking, healthcare and education, is textbook fascist-statism.

G. W. Bush's military and national security policy was textbook fascist-statist.

Please take the time to learn and understand what "statism" is, and then use it as a filter through which you test political /social beliefs, and the question becomes much easier to answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So I guess the war on drugs and the patriot acts are in your opinion great strides toward freedom?

lol I dont even need to respond to this its ridiculous enough without needing to add to it.

You think we should do nothing about drugs? Wowwwwww. Says enough about you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"Do you really believe the conservatives and liberals are two different groups if so explain"

The people that are actually in power (by and large) are not different groups. They're goals and agenda have nothing to do with the goals and agenda of the social demographic groups they are targeting to get elected. There is (as another poster mentioned) a sort of 'divide and conquer' aspect that is exploitive. They have latched onto talking points that will exacerbate the dichotomy, and make mountains out of mole hills in order to manipulate their target group/constituents. I believe that the media is the primary venue that is used to create and manipulate this schism, and has been for some decades. So in terms of those who actually hold power "Liberal" and "Conservative" is a farce.

The social groups they have created however, (currently) very much do exist, regardless of whether or not they are mostly a contrivance to maintain power for a few. Oddly, in their extreme forms on either end, both groups begin to resemble each other again in their underlying mentality if not intricacies of their respective ideologies. I do wonder if those in power will not eventually be consumed by the monsters they have created.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

While I think the military industrial complex makes the big decisions, not like this watered down healthcare bill, or don't ask don't tell stuff. But no there not the same, and liberals are not for the Iraq war, or a lot of what you listed below, they are nothing alike whatsoever, in fact I don't know what they can agree on. One likes guns, one doesn't, one thinks global warming is man made, one doesn't, one is for the poor people, one if for the rich, one is for a strong middle class, one isn't. They but heads every step of the way, I consider myself FAR left.

edit on 15-1-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join