It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss George Carlin, he said it well:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I really miss George Carlin. I've been re-watching his videos on Netflix.

He was a real Prophet for our nation. We need this voice; we need it now more than ever. He was the real life Alex Biel from the movie Network. This man had grit that we are increasingly loosing. Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty is refreshed with the blood of patriots, but we are less than patriots. We are mice who meekly allow ourselves to get groped by big brother TSA every time we go to the airport.

It won't stop there. They are not content to control your movements at the airports - will be in the bus stops, the subways, court houses, stadiums, and arenas before you can spin around three times. That's how they want you. They want you spinning. Your mind spinning in a digital overload of spin. You know spin? Propaganda.

They want to control all the propaganda and even your propagation. They will limit you to one child. They will limit how often you take out the trash, what's in that trash. They will control what you can say. They will control Where you can go. They will control what jobs hold. They will control what you eat (and they will kill you or make you sterile with the food). And they will watch you every where you go. This is not the future. This is legislation in effect now or on the floor!

Oh, what can we do? What can we do?

Get off you butts and get out on the streets! Run for office. Run a good person for office if you wont' do it yourself. Run a blog that decries and defames the defamation of our nation. Run your mouth and don't be afraid of the queer looks you are getting. Quit buying into the propaganda that you are powerless. Quit buying the poison that will sterilize you and your kids. Quit being afraid. Fear is control. They fear you. YOU!

If you wont' do it no one will.

It takes you.

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations.

They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear.

They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to get what they want . . . Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want . . . they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that . . . that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right.

They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting ****** by a system that threw them overboard 30 *******' years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers . . . Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly #tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money.

They want your *******' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it . . . they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this #in' place. It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy.

The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich ************ who don’t give a ***** about you.

They don’t give a **** about you . . . they don’t give a ***** about you. They don’t care about you at all . . . at all . . . at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their ******** everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it..."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So, you miss G.C?
BE G.C.
Take what he taught you and go with it.
The best tribute any of us could give the man.

peace

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem."

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

"Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time."

"Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

just a few of my favorites

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So, you miss G.C?
BE G.C.
Take what he taught you and go with it.
The best tribute any of us could give the man.

peace

I'm trying

Originally posted by TechVampyre
just a few of my favorites

They are all my favorites.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Amen too that. I had the honor of watching him perform a few years ago, he was, of course, great. We are very near the point of no return, if not already there. Much like North Korea, people starting to speak out are getting 'special visits' from secret service.

Anyone who questions anything is "crazy," but if you listen and believe all the bs told to you, you are "normal."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Amen too that. I had the honor of watching him perform a few years ago, he was, of course, great. We are very near the point of no return, if not already there. Much like North Korea, people starting to speak out are getting 'special visits' from secret service.

Anyone who questions anything is "crazy," but if you listen and believe all the bs told to you, you are "normal."

I was so sad when I heard he passed away. I only discovered him a few months before he passed and never got a chance to see him perform live.

I have decided I don't mind being labeled a nut anymore. I started posting things and at first I got eye rolls and snide comments from my friends. I embraced with love and laughted with those calling me the "conspiaracy nut" and kept a loving positive attitude. I kept posting and speaking and now I find people are spontaneously telling me things and posting them themselves. I haven't had a snide comment in months

Truth is more powerful than lies. Truth is subversive. Truth is freeing!

If we don't speak out now it will just get worse in the future. We still have the veneer of free speech for the time being. We can change this if we decide, in mass, to change it. There is hope.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I miss him too.

I quote him often.

Words are immortal.

Thoughts and wisdom survive.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I miss GC too, probably my favorite comedian. He always had away of nailing social issue with brutal honesty but also able to make us laugh at it all. *slight language*

edit on 27-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you want change, become change. Just preaching about it does nothing but make you feel as though you're doing something. Fact is, they'll either own you or throw you aside if you run and get in. All you have to do is say no. Each and everyone of us is a human being with a soul, we always have a say even when we don't think we do.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
If you want change, become change.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

... but I tried...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I miss him greatly as well. I began watching his HBO specials about a year before he died, but unfortunately I never got to see him live. He is by far my favorite comedian, but he is so much more than that. He is also my biggest inspiration. He wasn't just your typical stand-up comedian, he was a great philosopher.

Although I believe he had a fascination and excitement with societal breakdown and destruction, I also believe he genuinely cared and did everything he could to educate as many people as he could about how the world really works.

The IQ of the world dropped several points when he died. There is no doubt in my mind about that. We lost not only a great comedian but an even greater mind on June 22, 2008. People may not like or agree with what he says, but there's no doubt that he was very intelligent. He was the first and still is the only celebrity I was sad to see go.

I wish there was a way he could be back here with us, but since there isn't, I feel the best thing we could possibly do to honor him is by using the knowledge and intelligence he provided us and make this world a better place. To see the effort he made to inform his audience fall on deaf ears and be in vain would truly be a disgrace. I think we owe it not only to him but to ourselves and future generations to stand up for what we believe in and put these bastards in their place. You know George would not want nor support anything less.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
I miss him greatly as well. I began watching his HBO specials about a year before he died, but unfortunately I never got to see him live. He is by far my favorite comedian, but he is so much more than that. He is also my biggest inspiration. He wasn't just your typical stand-up comedian, he was a great philosopher.

Although I believe he had a fascination and excitement with societal breakdown and destruction, I also believe he genuinely cared and did everything he could to educate as many people as he could about how the world really works.

The IQ of the world dropped several points when he died. There is no doubt in my mind about that. We lost not only a great comedian but an even greater mind on June 22, 2008. People may not like or agree with what he says, but there's no doubt that he was very intelligent. He was the first and still is the only celebrity I was sad to see go.

I wish there was a way he could be back here with us, but since there isn't, I feel the best thing we could possibly do to honor him is by using the knowledge and intelligence he provided us and make this world a better place. To see the effort he made to inform his audience fall on deaf ears and be in vain would truly be a disgrace. I think we owe it not only to him but to ourselves and future generations to stand up for what we believe in and put these bastards in their place. You know George would not want nor support anything less.

Well said.

I don't care if I agreed with him or not... (I agreed with most) I just loved to hear him pontificate. And even if I disagreed with something I loved to hear his take and chew over it.

They say the cynics have the biggest hearts...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Don't forget Bill Hicks too

Bill and George, both great minds of our times who, with their humour gave us a proverbial push through doorways we didn't necessarliy thought of crossing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

To me, George Carlin was one of the smartest men in the past. Forgetting that he made his observations into comedy, all of them rang true and he said it the way it is, not the politically correct way.

I miss him and his observations, but they all still ring the truth to this day. I hope one day that they don't however..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes...even several years later his absence is palpable and still felt.
I am a Christian...that is that I follow the teachings of Christ.. NOT THE CHURCH and I will state this about the late, great George Carlin...for a man who was an acknowledged atheist he had more profound insights, wisdom and a truer level of spirituality than perhaps he himself understood and certainly more than any "Country Club" Christian I've ever come across.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

One of the most incisive quotes I've come across on ATS:

Thanks ReadyPower, it was the thing I needed to read at this moment in time...

Pianopraze - an excellent tribute to an obviously great man (who I'd not before heard of..) The video is a fine kick in the rear for all of us to wake up, get up, stand up and put up.

I've been repeatedly psychically prompted, at random intervals in the last few days, with the name George Carlin, but couldn't recall where I'd seen the name; then today, I saw it again in your signature...

By 'psychically prompted', I mean the name was clearly popping into my mind at random, completely unrelated to anything I was doing at the time. It's a semi-audible production of the word, the equivalent "minds ear" to the "mind's eye" that we're all familiar with. Often when prompted with such things in such a way, it means that something significant needs to, or is about to take place, relevant to the content being prompted. An interesting phenomenon, and one which I've learned to pay attention to.

Note to the skeptics: The mind and universe are fascinating things/ places, and we should not limit our ability to experience them according to the phenomena we are currently able to measure. By that, I mean that we should be open to experience things that might otherwise cause people to raise eyebrows and consider you 'not normal' (as per the premise of the post to which I'm replying...)

Everyone should see the clip - it's a real gem. We should all learn to speak our mind in the way he did. As long as what we speak is considered and truthful, we should never be afraid of the 'queer looks' that people give when uncomfortable truths reach their ears...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I actually detest George Carlin. Why?

Because he advocated apathetic nihilism. He did expose the facts of the situation... and then he told his audiences, "f'k it, nothing you do will matter, just sit back and let it burn"

He's pretty much the spokesperson of the hippy movement - "don't bother, it's too much work, just sit around and let someone else get it. Pass the cheetohs"

So screw George Carlin. Being half-right is just as bad as being all wrong. Hear him, then ignore his advice, get up and do something, because unlike what that scrawny couch potato says, you do matter - it just takes effort.
edit on 12/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Carlin was the man as this I do wholeheartedly believe that this was a contributing factor in hastening his death as he could've easily lived another decade or two but his arrogance did him in and was his downfall.

This is what TPTB do to celebs.

He way able to get away with it for so long due to something called "Creative Freedom" which is protected under the 1st Amendments right to "Freedom Of Expression" and "Speech".

Long live Carlin. I wonder who will be willing to step up next to replace him.

Kinison, Dangerfield, Carlin - all told it like it is and look at where they are at now.

Eddie Griffin is starting to take notes from him but time will tell on how deep into it he gets.
edit on 12-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Truth is subversive. Telling the truth is one of the greatest acts we can perform.

Truth is treachery in tyranny. Truth topples tyranny.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Well said, i believe in God but not all of this pre-packed religion bull#. George was a genius, visionairy, he noticed a lot of this bull when most of the world was still asleep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join