It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Some Sanity- News Media Barred From Slain Judge's Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

TUCSON, AZ - The federal judge killed in the Arizona shooting rampage was known for an immigration ruling that got him death threats, but on Friday he was remembered as a man devoted to his family, his basset hounds and his Irish-Catholic heritage.

The news media were barred from the event at the request of Roll's family and for security reasons. The Associated Press interviewed mourners, such as Bahill, as they left the service and got an account of the funeral.
(my emphasis added)

I am glad that somebody has finally shown some dignity and class in this entire disgraceful debacle.
The vultures were forced to wait outside the church, and I am sure it was a feeding frenzy for the mourners as they left, however, finally someone put their foot down and said "Enough!"

I cannot imagine trying to mourn anyone who died in my family in such a way, let alone with the entire world invited to the service, watching every single twitch during the funeral. Good for the family in standing their ground.

In the past week, I have seen too much grandstanding by too many people. Finally, a worthy move by someone.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 14-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Its nice to see someone got a respectful burial. And what do ya know... it was the judge... Too bad the same cant be said for the other service.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Finally a memorial that is peaceful unlike the other memorial that was disrespectful.I applaud that they did not allow the news media to be allowed to film the memorial during this sad time.It is a good choice.That is how a memorial should be like not yelling and screaming.Just people trying to pay there respects for the person who has died.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by keelan55

I agree.
Respect the grief of these people, and let them mourn.

new topics

top topics

join