It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

By the last few comments, I think peeps are starting to get the point I was trying to get across.

By the way, you folks ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, it's quite an interesting thread and informative.

Interesting to find out exactly how much people pay on different parts of the planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
People will still be paying for gas if its 4-5 bucks a gallon...it's been there before and yes people put up a stink about it but they do not do anything. Why can't we be like europe and form riots attacking the police when there is something wrong with our govt?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Yep, I was AMAZED on how much other countries pay for their fuel. WOW, I cannot believe that some people pay 81% tax on a fuel and do not complain about it. Hmmmm, weird!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Yep, I was AMAZED on how much other countries pay for their fuel. WOW, I cannot believe that some people pay 81% tax on a fuel and do not complain about it. Hmmmm, weird!

Oh, we complain about it don't worry about that!

I saw on another thread a while ago about the cost of food in the US. Someone was complaining that potatoes had gone up to $2.50 for a 5 pound bag! This was last year and at the same time I paid $2.50 for 2 pounds in Australia and the food was grown here!!!

The reason, however, is due to the US government subsidising their farmers to keep prices low. They do similar things in the Euro zone to keep out imports.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

HEY, you just keep your BIG CLOWN MOUTH SHUT!

One thing the US government realizes, that if they let the prices here do what they do everywhere else, they will be tarred and feathered.

You start telling people that we should pay more taxes, you would have the DEMOCRATS eating out of your hand.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Oh, it was humor...sorry....retracted.
edit on 18-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

HEY, you just keep your BIG CLOWN MOUTH SHUT!

One thing the US government realizes, that if they let the prices here do what they do everywhere else, they will be tarred and feathered.

You start telling people that we should pay more taxes, you would have the DEMOCRATS eating out of your hand.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, that's a good point!

The previous and current administrations have backed themselves in to a corner with subsidisation. If an administration ever eliminated the subsidies and prices rose, they would never get re-elected. So even if the country can't afford the policy they can't get rid of it or they'd be out of power.

From what I have seen it is not just the food and energy industries either. It seems to be most industries over there. So where is all the cash for the subsidies coming from?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Hey< I have this SLIGHT bone of humor.

Do not get me all hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
you know by most of the whack I meet that say we went to war for oil why hasn't the price come down? lol.. to think to on a side not.. I used to only pay 20 bucks to fill up my Jeep wrangler... now I'm paying 30=40 bucks it kinda sucks I've hand to change how I get gas.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The US has ONE thing that most people do not know about.

I should not even say it because it has ALWAYS been hidden in the face kind of.

OKAY, how can the US maintain the ability of it's living expenses or it's cost of living?

HOW? Think about this, what is OIL traded in? It has always been traded in US Dollars. There are several threads about how the US maintains stability on the US dollar by maintaining it's relativistic attachment to oil. EVERY fiat currency has failed, that has not been tied to a material of value.

I wrote an article about this about 7 years ago. I was very accurate with the value of the dollar compared to other commodities. Anyway, that is how the US dollar has NOT collapsed, because it is the only thing that is allowed to be traded in. Oil wise I mean.

Oil is tied into the dollar. That is why the dollar has not become the Weimar or the Zimbabwe. Have you heard about the deal where Venezuela sold China oil for $5 per barrel? Of course not, that would mean that you have seen that OIL is not scarce, it is used to control the price of the dollar.

Just to tell you, I had 30k to invest in 06 and I invested in gold. I did not lose a dime, I made 75% in profit when you take the dollar into comparison. Tell me, did I actually make anything? NOOOOOOOOOO

I did not make a dime, I just did not lose like everyone else did!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hey< I have this SLIGHT bone of humor.

Do not get me all hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Please, do not endorse any snake repellent kk, even jokingly, they do not work!

I will quit the joke here, repellents do not work for snakes.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Woooooo, I sense a chink in the armor.

Like sunlight to a vampire.

Like kryptonite to Superman.

Like an intelligent thought to Sarah Palin.

No worries, I'll stick to my Snake-Be-Gone voodoo kit.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I really think a one day gas strike would work but I don't think it could ever be organized right. It would take a lot of people a lot of time to get the word out and convince people to strike.

If for one day they sold 80% less gas than a normal day, their inventory would be overloaded.
Then you might see the price come back down.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well, since snake be gone kits do not work. You must have been bitten inadvertently by the pelosi snake.
You are suffering from the delayed reactions of the poison.

First, you vision is screwed up, you are not able to read, because no one is able to read for several days.
2nd, your lips become numb, because you are not allowed to talk about what was written
3rd, you have become forgetful, you said that things will be able to be read before voting, but whatever

HEY, tell me folks, are you supposed to talk to anyone

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sadly gas could be $10 a gallon and people would still line up to buy it (although many would obviously drastically cut back their unnecessary travel). Fire trucks need it, ambulances need it, police cars need it, mail trucks need it, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

No worries, I'll stick to my Snake-Be-Gone voodoo kit.

We have good snake repellents here in Australia.....we call them shovels.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

That DOES sound interesting.

Any chance of posting the article here? I'd like to read it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Good gravy folks things cost money. Gas is not expensive in the US. At $10/gallon gas would still be affordable. What do you say we save our outrage for the bailout scams and ridiculous defense spending of the last 10 years. I wish some smart person here would start a thread detailing how the bailouts and defense budget has affected the dollar bills that we americans cherish so much.

This is the number one reason why I don't like Europeans or American leftist's.

Fact: Europe and many other nations TAX THE HECK out of oil products(gasoline, diesel and home heating oil).

Fact: Taxes in America are MUCH MUCH lower.

Fact: Europe's natural energy production is pathetic.

Fact: America is still a decent sized producer of oil and we have huge reserves.

Heck most of the cost at the pump is due to big bankers speculating in the oil futures market with money they got from the Fed.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join