It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' names Saturday a global day of protest to defend free speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

'Anonymous' names Saturday a global day of protest to defend free speech

www.rawstory.com

Online protest group "Anonymous," which has in recent months staged some of the most stunning and audacious cyber-attacks yet seen on key corporate Internet infrastructure, has named Saturday, Jan. 15, as a global day of protest to defend the freedom of speech.

In a video published to their central communications blog, "AnonOps Communications" sought to rally others who supported their actions against corporations that censored or otherwise impeded secrets outlet WikiLeaks.

"Stand up and fight," an online video pleaded. "Every city, everywhere."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
anonops.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The additional link is to their blogspot, with its video message. Not sure how they expect to organize things via Google, which surely is full of more back doors than the Pentagon on 911.

Can't help but feel sympathetic towards these efforts though. It feels like the war is only getting started, the war between the criminal elites who control things and the people, who are awakening.

I am reminded of the figure of Prometheus, the chained Titan. Like Shelley's Prometheus Unbound:

To suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;
To forgive wrongs darker than Death or Night;
To defy Power which seems Omnipotent;
To love, and bear; to hope, till Hope creates
From its own wreck the thing it contemplates.

The elite live in fear of the awakening of the masses, as Brezinski said

“Mankind is now politically awakened and stirring,” said Brzezinski, adding that this in combination with a fractured elite “makes it a much more difficult context for any major power, including currently the leading world power, the United States.”

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Behind the mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof....no man or govenrment can stop an idea whos time has come.

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Nice find, comments. S&F &

Somehow I missed almost everything Wikileaks and anonymous have been doing. Hope we can keep this one on the front page.

Free Speech and Freedom of the Press - use it or lose it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
so what can we expect this weekend?

More DDOS attacks? Aimed at who this time?

The article makes it seem like it will more of a traditional protest, so I dont believe that any infrastructure will be attacked, but then again, it woudnt surprise me. It also wouldnt surprise me to see them deliver 20 pizzas to the office of standards and practices either.

Same result either way, annoyance.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

The article makes it seem like it will more of a traditional protest, so I dont believe that any infrastructure will be attacked, but then again, it woudnt surprise me. It also wouldnt surprise me to see them deliver 20 pizzas to the office of standards and practices either.

analog protest so to speak,,,

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Analog as opposed to digital.
never thought of it that way.
Nice.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have no idea. I am not with them. Only passing on the information that I saw, which the forum should be interested in.

I would not dismiss non-traditional means of protest against the globalist criminals so lazily though. What exactly are you doing about it? Being cynical on a message board? yeah, that's very helpful.

At least they are trying.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's why the media here called Anonymous either a bunch of adolescent hackers or cyber terrorists for supporting Julian Assange and WikiLeaks.

In my view Anonymous are actively seeking truth and transparency rather than secrets and lies to the public so kudos to them for having the guts to do what they do.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

To add to that, Anonymous have held very successful worldwide and more traditional protests in the past so they're not always about attacking websites, they exist and thrive on getting their message heard whether online or out on the streets

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
80+ events / rallies planned for tomorrow!

forums.whyweprotest.net...

kx
edit on 14-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Its always nice to see those guys get off their asses and go protest in public once in a while. It seems more useful than DDOS websites

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why do people always hold thing s on the weekend when nobody really pays attention? I would be surprised if this gets any coverage at all? I am sure it's because most people have saturday off but a Monday morning demonstration would get more attention wouldn't it? Oh well good luck to them I guess?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette

The additional link is to their blogspot, with its video message. Not sure how they expect to organize things via Google, which surely is full of more back doors than the Pentagon on 911.

Can't help but feel sympathetic towards these efforts though. It feels like the war is only getting started, the war between the criminal elites who control things and the people, who are awakening.

I was an observer when the Anonymous war against the cult of $cientology began, and it was remarkable to watch it suddenly appear and then spread. And that was done without mass media, just through schools, colleges and universities around the world all discussing through a very few sites.

Anonymous has this fantastic ability to surprise. Unless you have a constant ear to the ground and know how to translate the war drums into language, it's very easy to miss it until it's right there on the BBC for all to see. This could very well be one of those moments.

I think the younger generations are wise to corporatism and the thin surface of democracy we see. The youth are the first generation to experience truly free information, at the fingertips. They see the value of the internet and truly understand how important it is.
Older generations, the ones who scream about "cyber terrorists" and call for controls and restrictions completely fail to grasp what the internet means. And you'll often find that these are the same people who barely know how to switch a computer on!
They don't think of their insane ramblings as being akin to the book-burnings and the dictatorial controls used by closed regimes around the world. They really are that ignorant!

Basically, they are terrified of what they cannot control. And they cannot control something that they cannot understand.
They like to bang on about living in a free country, as long as that freedom doesn't expose them for what they are; corrupt, greedy egomaniacs with more thought for their own profit and position than for the people who elect them. The internet, unless able to be controlled by these people, will always have the potential to allow free and open discussion. They can silence a paper, close a newsroom, ban the press from a meeting... but they cannot stop you or I from filming them firing into protesting crowds and posting it on the internet.

Like I say, the kids are wise to this, and they will certainly not give up the freedom of the internet to these people.

That's why I will be watching on Saturday. And I really hope to see mass protests around the world. I know Anon can do it, because they've done it before.

And who knows, maybe I already plan to be at one?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividualAnd that was done without mass media, just through schools, colleges and universities around the world all discussing through a very few sites.

I hope everyone reads detached's post. that is some really good information and understanding there.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Analog as opposed to digital.
never thought of it that way.
Nice.

Hopefully Anon will get into more analogue action so that others who are not tech savvy can support any worthy objectives they engage in.

Anonymous analogue...

Anonalogue.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
80+ events / rallies planned for tomorrow!

kx
edit on 14-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

Only 3 people confirmed for where i am

Might take a wander down there see what's goin on

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Is this meant to correlate with the release of the new zeitgeist tommorow?

Also there isn't much information in the links provided to help out someone who would wish to stand and join the protests. Am I correct in assuming that those who should know where to go, already do and that this video was targeted at specific individuals?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer

Also there isn't much information in the links provided to help out someone who would wish to stand and join the protests. Am I correct in assuming that those who should know where to go, already do and that this video was targeted at specific individuals?

I wish I could provide better links or answer those questions, but I don't know. I just saw the story on Raw News and posted it. hopefully others can answer or fill in the gaps.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer

no you are not correct in thinking that.. the protests are open to all...

many are listed here....

and ofc you have just as much right to make your own protest..anon has no leaders....

kx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join