It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In relation to AZ incident: You Can't Think, and You're Goddamned Liars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

In the aftermath of the horror in Arizona, all major public voices are united in their absolute, vehement condemnation of violence. Almost all minor voices, including every blogger known and unknown, join in the chorus. It seems that everyone, from the most famous and powerful personages to lowly bloggers offering their thoughts to a world which cares nothing whatsoever about what they say, profoundly opposes violence. If all such people -- which would appear to include all people -- were genuinely sincere in their proclamations (and they may well be sincere, in the manner that people are sincere in their announcement of deeply-held beliefs reflecting the intellectual and moral rigor of sayings blazoned on greeting cards or found in fortune cookies), and, of much greater significance, if they matched their actions to any measurable extent to what they insist is a profound opposition to violence, we would certainly inhabit a paradise on Earth....

It is only proper to begin with the Liar-in-Chief, the chief executive of the Death State -- who is, he reminds us, a public servant and who therefore must be "good and important," as he instructed us last evening. Pause to appreciate the hideousness of that moment, for it captures the House of Horror quality of this sickening business. In speaking of the awful death of a nine-year-old child, Obama presumes to read the dead girl's mind: She had been elected to her student council; she saw public service as something exciting, something hopeful. She was off to meet her congresswoman, someone she was sure was good and important and might be a role model. She saw all this through the eyes of a child, undimmed by the cynicism or vitriol that we adults all too often just take for granted. Thus does the murdering leader of the Death State use a dead child to burnish the image of the State itself and, which is undoubtedly more critical from Obama's perspective, to burnish the image of those who direct the Death State's operations. If you dare to think that those who lead the Death State and implement its policies engage in murder, conquest, plunder, and brutalization without end, that is only because you are "cynical" and engaging in "vitriol." Our leaders are "good and important": do you want to disagree with a murdered child?

an excellent commentary by Arthur Silber, to help cut through the confusion and clear the mind; a must read IMHO from an excellent site, which i highly recommend:

you-cant-think-and-youre-goddamned.html

have to go to work now but will be responding later when i get back

edit on 14-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit title

edit on 14-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: title fix

edit on 14-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Your link doesn't work. But this guy sounds like a major cynic. Nothing wrong with that, but he's taking an extreme point of view, IMO. Obama didn't read the dead girl's mind, he talked with her parents.
He also made a hell of a lot of sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thank you
link is fixed now

silber's writings are pretty strong and not for the weak at heart
when it comes to demolishing American exeptionalism and much that is wrong with our country today

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Exactly op, these people cannot talk about these things as media and gov and police try desperately to create violence all the time.

Bunch of liars like you say.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would suggest politely you have no idea what techs the americans have at there disposal, lol.

What you wrote may be factually wrong, in terms of what americans can do.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He also made a hell of a lot of sense.

I agree but, actions will always speak louder than words

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

hello Andy, thanks for the reply i highly recommend mister silbers writings they cut through a lot of the crap.

powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

thesacredmoment.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
just before i have to go I would like to clear up that this is not a obama bashing thread but more a comentary on the last few days reactions here on ATS

I'd like to point out also that as long as TPTB still need to stage events like these (unless this was really just a random shooting that's been "hijacked" by TPTB in order to form a more perfect dictatorship), liberty still has a chance.

It'll be when they dont need an "excuse" and "legislate"/act "just because"
that we will have to be worried

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

In the aftermath of the horror in Arizona, all major public voices are united in their absolute, vehement condemnation of violence.

Where was all this vociferous, public, vehement condemnation of violence after the lunatic took the Discovery building hostage "largely after reading Al Gore's book?" Does it take a bloodbath?

The killer had no party affiliation from what I have read, and didn't watch any news channels from published reports.

I am not advocating for any political party here, but really?? The left wing liberals are having a field day taking pot shots at the right, advocating for "gun control", crucifying Sarah Palin (who I cannot stand), having a pep rally while the President delivers a speech...

I am disgusted with it all, personally.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks for that link. Very interesting analyse, overall.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
silber's writings are pretty strong and not for the weak at heart

I'm personally not weak of heart, I just think he's a bit over-the-top.

Certainly I wouldn't call him "objective", with references to Obama as the "murdering leader of the Death State", but maybe he's trying to be controversial. It just comes across as unnecessarily dramatic, partisan, and manipulative.

I honestly don't believe Obama was trying to "read the mind of a dead child", it is highly likely that he spoke to the child's parents to understand her motivations for coming to that event in the first place.

If her parents came forward and said Obama just made all that up, that would be a different story, but a blogger with an agenda (and an obvious hatred for the President), doesn't seem appropriate to make such a claim. On one hand he criticizing Obama for attempting to "read the dead child's mind" (her name is Christina Taylor Green by the way, not "dead child"), while on the other hand he attempts to do the same to the President.

I want to know what Christina's parents thought of Obama's memorial speech, and the references to their daughter. If the Bloggers assumptions are correct, then unless they protested what Obama said, they'd have to be a part of the plan.

It would be outrageous to even suggest that they were in on some manipulative plot to help Obama prop up the nation and condemn dissenters via their daughter.

Her mother, Roxanna, is asking us to "stop the hatred", yet this blog article is full of it. While at times the writer claims to be in such a state because Obama is insidiously using Christina as a political tool.

Makes me wonder why he doesn't mind doing that himself.

If you dare to think that those who lead the Death State and implement its policies engage in murder, conquest, plunder, and brutalization without end, that is only because you are "cynical" and engaging in "vitriol."

Our U.S. government deserves scrutiny and criticism when necessary. It has engaged in controversial activities that affect not only us, but millions around the world. That is something our leaders need to be accountable for and we need to be the ones that hold them accountable.

I just think when you criticize the Government with curse words and fear tactics, you end up making yourself look the opposite of constructive and can easily be dismissed as cynical and vitriolic no matter your intentions.

Most politicians and pundits speak irresponsibly on purpose just to get ratings and support from those frustrated Americans, and that is the problem, not the solution.

- Lee

edit on 14-1-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

very well put.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

here's just one of many on bush:
thesacredmoment.blogspot.com... esent-america-not-quite.html

re death state
evil-monstrosity-thoughts-on-the-death-state

i dont recall seeing any swear words in that particular article
on the matter of swearing I'll allow Mr. Silber to speak for himself:in-which-i-am-extremely-rude

this is not a political bashing thread.

so please don't make it into a personal attack on obama; he has blood on his hands just like his predecessors as current Sock Puppet in Chief

why not address this?

Despite the fact that most of us are taught early in life that "actions speak louder than words," the majority of adults have more deeply internalized a lesson directly opposed to that maxim: when you judge an authority figure, you must give special weight to his words and what he says his intentions are. If his actions profoundly contradict what he "talks" about, it is the actions you must disregard. There is a direct line between forcing a child to believe that physical and/or emotional abuse is inflicted by his parents (or other caregivers) "for his own good" and arguing that the United States must invade and destroy a village, or an entire country, for its own good. Most adults spend their lives refusing to see the connection. In fact, how a person acts is of infinitely greater significance than what he says. And toward the conclusion of his remarks, Obama conceded as much: "We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us." Is it "civil and honest" to ask how Obama is treating us, those poor, lost souls who are not "good and important"? I dare to proceed in the belief that it is. In answering that question, one fact above all must be mentioned first. That it is not -- and this fact has almost never been mentioned in all the interminable debates about the violence in Arizona -- reveals a great deal about the moral and intellectual rot that suffocates these wretched United States. Here is that fact: Obama and his administration claim the "right" to murder anyone in the world, wherever he or she may be, for whatever reason they choose -- or for no reason at all. Obama and his administration recognize no upper limit to the number of people they can murder in this manner: they can murder as many people as they wish. And they claim there is nothing at all that may impede their exercise of this "right."

He's just more open/shameless about it

Fact: he's the current POTUS who else is to be criticized at this moment
or are you claiming he is infallible/above any kind of reproach

and finally:
honor-of-being-human-why-do-you-support

as an American I tend to look at any initiatives concerning free speech with a jaundiced eye
i am certainly not going to be lectured by politicians
ps-theyll-lie-about-everything

edit on 14-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks for mentioning Christina Green's name. We all know what underwear size the shooter wears and debate his innocence ( i feel a gag coming on at the mention of it) .. but rarely since this started has anyone here centered on the victims, WHO they were, and our great loss.

I cant stand Obama just like I couldnt stand Bush. Just more of the same repackaged and sold with a surface spin and a few new catch words. I watched his "speech" and wasnt very impressed. I also was disgusted at what some of the audience felt was appropriate behavior for a "memorial".

join