It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Leaving Yellowstone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Record Numbers of Bison Killed Leaving Yellowstone
www.buzzle.com...

Bison are being killed because they are trying to leave Yellowstone.

(sorry didnt have time to do a real link - gotta copy paste in your browser search.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

One word, SHOCKING!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I love our national parks. But cmon park service. Worry a little less about about RV campgrounds, and protect and manage our wild areas. The average ranger is awesome, but they have there priorities screwed at the high leadership levels.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Upon reading that link, I'm of the assumption (based on the years mentioned) that this was posted in 2008.

There is no date on the post, and nothing to say this is current or old, but the last year mentioned was 2002, and they say in the last 6 years so many bison have been slaughtered..

Also, your post is misleading. They are leaving because the area they live in, compared to the size of the herd, is incapable of sustaining so many animals, therefore they are looking for greener pastures.

They are not being killed solely because they are leaving, but because they are the last animals containing a certain disease, that nobody wants to spread to the rest of the livestock across america.

Please in future be more thorough in your posting.

edit on 14/1/2011 by Dachende because: pow

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
From source...

The problem lies in the fact that the original agreement called for federal and state agencies to expand the area where bison can feely roam outside the park. Despite spending almost $16 million on bison management since 20002, and spending another $13 million to try to secure land and conservation easements just outside the park in an area where bison often migrate to, the bison territory was never expanded.

29 million and still nothing done?

That money could have been better spent on English tutors for these animals so they would understand the concept of protected ranges. At least then there would have been jobs created.

Or, better yet, put effort into preventing the spread of the disease...

Errol Rice, vice president of the Montana Stockgrowers’ Association, criticized the National Park Service for not working harder to develop a brucellosis vaccination program for bison. "We’ve been hearing about that (program) for the last six year and nothing’s happened," Rice said. So in the meantime, the bison are slaughtered.

At first I was worried that this was going to be a very bad sign for upcomming events in Yellowstone...mass animal evacuations as a precursor to a siesmic event at the continent's largest volcano. Although I'm glad that is not the case, it is maddening that instead this is a story about squandered funds resulting in the slaughter of these animals.

Where is the oversight? Although that is a rhetorical question as I know the answer, how can this much money have been spent and yet a protected animal is still being treated this way.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Guys, doesn't anybody thinks the bisons are " feeling " the warning of the next eruption???
Is this the time?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think you should re read your link?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

you know im really doubting the source of this information . ill look more into this and see what i can find later

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Apologies if the data is old. I am not with alot of time on the internet, I check here, read what is important to me, and sometimes may look elsewhere for new data, again with limited time. Misleading was not my intention.

But I do want to add that it is still very wise to keep an eye on many types of animals and their behavior.....many animals migrate (bison used to), along with other types of animals go into hibernation. If animals of land and sea are thrown off of their migrations, insects displaying strange behaviors, and if animals that normally go into hibernation start coming out way too early or dont seem to go into it at all, I believe THERE is DEFINATELY something major that CANNOT be ignored. So, I was going on a hunch, and whether the link of my source is new or old, I think I explained my true intention of trying to help people be more aware of animals behaviors.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Your post was definitely misleading.
9 year old story.
So what do you do, just read the headlines and post them on ATS regardless of the content?
you wasted MY time opening it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Guys, doesn't anybody thinks the bisons are " feeling " the warning of the next eruption???
Is this the time?

And you didn't read the content either

new topics

top topics

join