It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for an explaination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the group I belong to was doing a training investigation the other night and I caught some unusual pictures in a closet. I am not talking about the orbs on the walls I am talking about what is in the doorway which is in the top left portion of the pictures. I would like some imput as to what caused this and how you can tell. thanks in advance, hopefully I can get them uploaded

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

What is it exactly that you're seeing? I currently see nothing in any one of the four pictures that would be considered "anomalous".

Would you be so kind as to perhaps provide a bit more detail?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

In the top left corner of the picture if you zoom in a little there is a white anamoly in the doorway by the cord running up the wall. it is light colored and it is easy to matrix as a face but that is it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
looks like a face . Probably some object just blurred out and gives it that facial expression kinda like the face on mars nothing more then trickery of light and shadows

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

we have discussed it, and have thought light reflesting on the tape hanging in the door, I have ran it through several filters and such but it still looks a little odd the way it appears. there is one piece of tape that is behind it which is partially blocked out but you can see it below it. the 2 pictures before this did not show anything in there also they were taken about 10-15 seconds apart

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

What is a "training investigation"?

edit on 13-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Well if those pictures are seconds apart like you say then i suggest more data

go back there and get more pictures .. also leave a video camera running all day and night for a week or so . These things are pesky and like ufo's they don't like to show there faces to much . We had hard time explaining the charlie chapliln time traveller i doubt you'll get much answers for this unless there is more data

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Okay, I see it now, thank you for the clarification, I took the liberty of pointing it out on photo 1 of 4 as well as what I logically believe caused the anomaly to appear. First the picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f49b0f08c6e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Logical Response:
Notice I placed emphasis on the part of the door that is ajar. I feel that the anomaly is merely a reflection of the flash from something within the room. Being that the angle of the shot was close to exact in each of the 4 pictures the reflection from whatever was in the room appeared is each photo, no one view of the anomaly in any of the pictures is the same. This I feel is due to the angle of the shot not wavering by much, but did waver enough to cause it to show up different in the pictures with each shot.

Although this seems to be the most logical of explanations, it could very well be that you caught an image of an apparition. My imagination kicks in on this notion and I would go so far as to say that the apparition appears to be inquisitively scoping out what the photographer is doing. Either way, keep up the good work!

edit on 1/13/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

practicing doing paranormal investigations mainly for the newer members to get used to equipment and such as that. just a chance to turn out the lights and get people acquanted with the equipment

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

during the evening I caught a couple evp's also, one by the door on the outside I asked the man that is to live in there to look out the door so I could take his picture, I got an evp that sounds to me like go away. I got another one in another room across the hall after I knocked on the attic door asking someone to knock back, this one said why dont you go away? also when I was taking these pictures I was asking "him" to let me take his picture.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I read the charlie chaplin thread and it was interesting, but I had no idea what she was doing it was really bizzare.on this one I looked at the pictures in negative and several filters and havent came up with a certain debunk, so it is still a question in my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Like I said, you may very well have captured something significant. I assure you I am a believer, at your leisure, take a look at an investigation I conducted regarding EVP's a little while back ago:

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

As the title says, on page two, you'll see I documented the equipment I used as well as provided the recordings of the real-time EVP's that I captured. Fascinating imo!
edit on 1/13/2011 by UberL33t because: repairs

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I downloaded and listened to the first one, it is interesting getting maybe "get here" unsure about the first part but definately hearing here. I use goldwave also I like it better than audacity just my preference. The spooky thing I got from it is it sounds the same forward and backward, that kind of give me a chill.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I appreciate the feedback. The Paranormal has always been quite an interesting subject for me. It was a pleasure to take part in your thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theviking727

In the top left corner of the picture if you zoom in a little there is a white anamoly in the doorway by the cord running up the wall. it is light colored and it is easy to matrix as a face but that is it

Nope. Most likely just a reflection from the camera flash or other light source.
edit on 14-1-2011 by aletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

thank you for posting and sharing your insight. I have been interested in the paranormal about as long as I can remember.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia

Originally posted by theviking727

Nope. Most likely just a reflection from the camera flash or other light source.
edit on 14-1-2011 by aletheia because: (no reason given)

I concur! were you using another camera at the time?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by demonid011

no other camera in the closet/attic at the time. 2 photos before didn't show it and nothing in the photos I took after shutting it off and going downstairs either. All 6 photos were taken around 10-15 sec apart

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm curious what were you taking a picture of when you shot the pic?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Basically a picture of the closet to see what comes out in the picture. I am not trying to be rude but the story is pretty much covered in the thread. thank you for reading and posting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join