It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS reports FAMINE will come to America!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yet another MSM report showcasing the upcoming food shortages and sky rocketing prices as global disasters wreak havoc on our natural resources. What's it going to take to satisfy the skeptics?

I'm personally tired of hearing "this has all happened before", "nothing to see here", "don't worry about it" etc. IMHO, this has NOT happened before...at least not simultaneously.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just another badly constructed news report thats trying to stunt the truth. Theres as much to worry about as there is worry. how much are americans worrying daily.....?

link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I agree with you completely. Maybe all these crazy things have happened before but not in this magnitude or frequency. Those that are not prepared better get so and fast!

link   

What's it going to take to satisfy the skeptics?

Well, Faux News isn't a good start...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

As evidenced by what?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Famine= Best Diet Ever!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Fox News, although not classified in the upper echelon of broadcasters, isn't exactly the National Inquirer...there are many that look to them as a reputable resource. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before all the others jump on board. Mark my words....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

People need to question the system of bankers and big business..
I know here in Australia when food prices go up they are the ones to blame..

It's inflated profits/price gouging and futures trading..

How do I know that??
Because farmers certainly aren't getting rich, they are going bankrupt..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Famine is coming, just look at food prices.... compare them to this same time last year and the year before.

All of the crazy weather all over the world combined with corporate controlled production that purposely manipulates the supply to increase the profit, you can guarantee it's coming.

Control the food or water and you control the people. This is the goal here and nothing more.

When people are starving and dying from it, they will clamor for our wonderful governments to help, and won't care how when that help removes the last of our rights. It's been a long time since Americans starved, but if you still have grandparents or great grandparents, just ask them what happened during the Depression.

Stock up now while prices are "low"... slim jims, pringles, tuna fish and peanut butter last a looooooong time and will keep you, for the most part, alive and somewhat healthy.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The video is from Prophetseer not Fox news - he just mentions that Fox news said there would be a food shortage. I would like to see the actual Fox News report.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sorry, in my opinion, the Fox television shows are not news, but they really want you to think they are. Just ask Glenn Beck, or Sean Hannity. I'm sure they know the truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Of course, what they aren't saying is that this will effect the ordinary people, not the elite, as always. And that it has been orchestrated to cull the population.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
this country is becoming so bad that even illegal immigrants are going to leave

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

The video is from Prophetseer not Fox news - he just mentions that Fox news said there would be a food shortage. I would like to see the actual Fox News report.

You obviously haven't watched the whole video..the actual broadcast is the last 3:00....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
Sorry, in my opinion, the Fox television shows are not news, but they really want you to think they are. Just ask Glenn Beck, or Sean Hannity. I'm sure they know the truth.

My understanding is that the actual reporters on Fox tend to use "spin" words significantly less than those on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN or MSNBC.

The commentators on Fox (Hannity, OReilly, et al.) tend to be about as conservatively virulent as their liberal counterparts on the other networks (i.e., Couric, Williams, Olberman, et al).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You can really feel it up here in Canada as well. Everything has gone up in price at the grocery store! It all comes back to the price of oil and gas! Everything runs on Oil and gas, including our food! All meat is expensive and the farmers get very little for it. produce goes up all the time!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Good point, but why does Fox 'News' state that they are fair and balanced, when it's not the case?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Meh, it'll most likely happen eventually but I'm not so sure it will start within the next year. The first thing that will happen before it hits the U.S. is we will stop exports of food. We're still the breadbasket for over a billion people worldwide. So ... we really don't have problems.

What I do see as a possibility is the food crisis continuing to effect 3rd world nations to a large degree. I also think it possible that say ... 5-15 years down the line that the environment gets so out of whack that first world countries have serious issues securing adequate food supplies. Of course, before that becomes a reality Americans will stop eating so much beef... basically I just don't think it possible anytime soon here in America unless it's 100% engineered.

What I see as probable is a continuation of surging food prices in most countries, including the U.S. So those families who foresee the possibility of having financial problems within the next couple of years, it will probably be very wise to store a few months supply of basic food and commodity necessities. This may be the difference between going bankrupt/homeless and just barely making it by hard times for some people in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I just went to Publix to pick up some ice cream. $2.89 a gallon.

I remember about 6 months ago it was at 1.16 (the cheap stuff) and now it's more than doubled!

That's not good. And it's the same story with gas prices. It seems inflation is no joke! I'm not surprised though, economists and people like Glenn Beck have been warning this would happen. I really hope there isn't a famine though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Ice cream is not a necessity. Gas has NOT doubled in the same amount of time. I haven't drove in about 16 months, but am fairly certain the prices haven't rose more than 25% in the last six months, if even that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join