It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food And Energy Price Explosion Underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The National Inflation Association has released a new video on the state of the economy. It highlights several critical factors that indicate we are facing an imminent currency meltdown.

As any student of the Austrian School of Economics will tell you, during periods of hyper-inflation, not all prices rise. Typically what happens are things like housing remains stagnant or falls in price because it has been over-built in the bubble leading up to the period of hyper-inflation, while things like consumers goods, food, and energy skyrocket in price exponentially.

We are seeing this trend unfold RIGHT NOW in real time. It is not at some point in the distant future that we will experience massive inflation in food and energy costs, such costs are surging as we speak.

Further, there is good evidence to suggest that the price spikes in commodities we have already seen are only a prelude to Wiemar Republic super-chaos that is sure to follow our criminal government’s reckless printing of money.

Yet another must watch.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

This is just utter.. garbage. :/ All this is intentional by the 'Elite' to put the rest into poverty. I'm struggling to hang on just with rent and food and I don't even have a car or go to school and I'm only 19! Moves me that much closer to the Canadian outback once I get enough for a knife and a spade.. My condolences to the rest of the world about the suffering.. The Elite will get their time of payback soon enough.
edit on 13-1-2011 by OneLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

The end of the American empire is close at hand.

I don't see us making it out of the year without a serious market catastrophe occurring.

Arguably a serious market catastrophe is occurring as we speak.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Don't we hear these predictions of doom each year? I moved out of NJ last year, which was VERY expensive to live in. Energy prices where I'm at now are cheaper, as is auto insurance. Food prices are about the same, maybe slightly cheaper. What I was previously paying in property taxes in NJ, covers more than half my PITI in my new place. I'm not downplaying what you're saying, things are generally bad as far as unemployment, etc. goes, but I don't see the SHTF yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The more the Fed keeps printing, the less the rest is worth.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Another great mini doc from NIA. S and F for posting.

Ive been trying to tell people about this for a while. But everyone seems to be buying the "road to recovery" crap. I am from Canada and I can tell you that prices here are also on the incline. Gas is averaging around 110/L, which just 2 years ago was unheard of. Price for food has especially risen. On paper, Canada might look okay, but I'm not fooled. If the US economy crashes, Canada will not be far behind.

I hope everyone at the very least has started to prepare mentally. Things are going to get worse. And for those who keep saying "stop fear mongering" let me ask you a simple question. If there was a meteor in the sky headed straight for earth...would reporting it be fear mongering? Im sorry that you cant handle the truth, but you and I are the ones who allowed this truth come to fruition. Stop getting angry at people like me for just reporting it.

Those same people will be the first people to say "I never saw this coming"

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I love this Reuters article Drudge just linked:

www.reuters.com...

U.S. jobless claims jumped to their highest level since October last week while food and energy costs lifted producer prices in December, pointing to headwinds for an economy that has shown fresh vigor.

As if surging commodities prices mean we are experiencing economic growth.

Reuters needs to get some reporters that don't guzzle government koolaid like 10 year olds.

U.S. producer prices climbed 1.1 percent in December after a 0.8 percent rise in November

If you do the math, that works out to an 11.4% annual inflation rate in producer prices.

Hyper-inflation defined by the International Accounting Standards Board's a cumulative inflation rate over three years approaching 100% (26% per annum compounded for three years in a row) .

So we are nearly half way there right now.

It is also important to note that those numbers are hedonically adjusted GOVERNMENT numbers - which we all know are nothing more than lies. The real rate is far higher.

edit on 13-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

What?? We were thinking of moving back to NJ last year but held back as friends and family said a big "NO". Now the UK is also showing price rises in food of course wage inflation for most people is unlikely. The masses will start getting restless and the leites will accelerate their programe of repression.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

i remember an mp/minister in the last government here in the uk talking about seeing green shoots of recovery around the country. that was so so long ago it seems.
f

new topics

top topics

join