It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords will be Pres. Obama's VP in 2012.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
O.K.
This may seem a tad cynical of the whole political world.
But.
If Gabrielle Giffords makes a full recovery( lets hope she does), which seems increasingly possible given the reports I have recently read, I am predicting she will become President Obama's 2012 VP candidate.

Most will assume that Biden is an automatic selection. But Giffords will be the VP nominee with the view to install her as the Presidential Nominee in 2016.
She is already getting lots of attention for her approach as is being presented in other MSM that I have seen as being partisan, and more moderate in her approach.
Not to mention, she is now a household name in the United States, if not the entire western world.

Giffords is a member of the Blue Dog Coalition, which was formed after Democrats lost their majority in the House in 1994 for the first time in 40 years. The group organized around the idea that the party had moved too far to the left. The moniker reflects the feeling of some that their views had been “choked blue” by the Democrats’ liberal wing.

Linkage

Add to this the significance of the Potential of a Palin vs Giffords element to the 2012 elections if Palin becomes involved. Indeed she may just be involved in the same way she was in the mid-terms drumming up the TP movement.

Everyone loves a great story, indeed this is already been described as a "miracle" in some media I have read.

“It felt like a miracle,” said Florida Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who visited Giffords in a Tucson hospital along with friends and family after President Barack Obama dropped by yesterday afternoon. “It felt like we were watching a miracle.”
Linkage

We all know America loves a good story and this could be one of the greatest "American" stories ever.
Wild Card V.P are now familiar considering the Palin factor in 2008, so Giffords would not seem unusual. In fact she would seem rather more moderate or sensible as a V.P. selection in comparison to Palin's 2008 arrival.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".
Rahm Emanuel

"There is a bitter sweet irony that the strength of the American spirit shines brightest in times of tragedy. We saw that in Arizona".
Sarah Palin.

Could this ring true in 2012. Will Gifford shine brightly as a becon of America's political recovery from the extreme division that many if not most now seem to associate this tragic incident with, regardless of the actual motives of Loughner.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Disclaimer This is prophecy is pure speculation on the machinations of political opportunism. Do not U2U me for lotto numbers, the events of 21/12/2012 or for the amount of times Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton will be arrested next year.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Not gunna' happen.

Where she stands on issues and the way she conducts herself make her stand out from the rest of the crowd in a very positive way. She's intelligent and very capable of doing great things. But ... she's not part of the NWO cabal and so it won't happen.
edit on 1/13/2011 by FlyersFan because: typo fixed

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for your input. NWO conjecture noted and intergrated.

When have the NWO missed a golden opportunity.
Remember, the puppet show is about giving people puppets they will love.
Is it not?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...
"The hopes of the Nation".

"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.".

Obama uses psalm 46:5 in his speech and then moves on to Giffords.

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not gunna' happen.

Where she stands on issues and the way she conducts herself make her stand out from the rest of the crowd in a very positive way. She's intelligent and very capable of doing great things. But ... she's not part of the NWO cabal and so it won't happen.
edit on 1/13/2011 by FlyersFan because: typo fixed

I have to agree, I checker her out like I am sure a lot of others did, and she is defiantly not a part of the Cabal of Illuminati minions like the rest of them, with a few exceptions, of course. If she is picked as a VP, it will be Ron Paul or some other Constitutional candidate that will pick her. You know she was calling for National guard on the border, to quell the Mexican invasion that Washington is ignoring. She is s gun owner too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Interesting take.
Thanks for the input.

How do you know she is not in the "cabal".

The speech Obama gave at Arizona was more like a rally then a memorial.
Did you see the fervor surrounding his announcement that Gabrielle "opened her eyes".
Imagine if she returns to Congress.

I'm telling you, keep on eye on this. If she regains full health she will have a huge anount of public sentiment and good will. Cults of personaity have manifested around frivilous situations and this women's situation and its timing relative to the political climate is not frivilous nor trivial.

Would a NWO or Cabal Ignore it?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

hmmm...you know...I think you have a very interesting scenario. She is now loved by the public...and she would be a new face to generate buzz for Obama.

The only issue is that Gabrielle Giffords is in for a long recovery...and I believe she should focus on that instead of moving so quickly into a very long and very draining presidential campaign.

So although I see where you are coming from...I hope it doesn't happen...unless for some reason she has a miraculous full recovery in a very very short time...I wouldn't want to see her go through the stresses of a campaign just because I think it would help out Obama's chances. And yes...I am hoping for an Obama re-election for 2012.
edit on 13-1-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She "was." None of us know what she'll be like in 6 months.

I remember Reagan had a wild small-gov anti-fed side until he got shot. Then he fell in line.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by atlasastro

hmmm...you know...I think you have a very interesting scenario. She is now loved by the public...and she would be a new face to generate buzz for Obama.
Thanks, I am glad you too, find this interesting.

The only issue is that Gabrielle Giffords is in for a long recovery...and I believe she should focus on that instead of moving so quickly into a very long and very draining presidential campaign.
I totally agree, her health should be her priority. I hope it is. ABI and sever head trauma can take a lot of time to overcome. I guess over the coming weeks as her brain swelling and, bleeding or bruising etc. diminishes, Doctors will be able to assess the full impact of her injuries and give her a realistic prognosis.

I was just pondering her potential if she makes a full recovery.

So although I see where you are coming from...I hope it doesn't happen...unless for some reason she has a miraculous full recovery in a very very short time...I wouldn't want to see her go through the stresses of a campaign just because I think it would help out Obama's chances. And yes...I am hoping for an Obama re-election for 2012.
edit on 13-1-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

You make some valid points.
She has roughly a year to recover fully, IMHO, to give my prediction even a remote chance. If she does and makes it back to Congress for the 2012 year, I'd be interested to see how she goes concerning the interest, MSM, public and political good will that may be at her disposal.
Regardless of any prediction I make concerning her future, It would be an amazing story none the less and one that America will savour and no doubt celebrate.
Knowing Politicians the way we do on ATS, the cynic in me cannot avoid pondering that this would indeed make Giffords political currency pure gold.

Stranger things have happened.
Look at Palin in 2008.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Atlasastro - LOVE your disclaimer!

2nd line

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have been following the Giffords assasination attempt rather closely.

The biggest oddity is that Giffords was subscribing to Loughners youtube channel...and that Loughner had spoken to Gifford earlier in 2007.
This in itself points towards the fact that Loughner was NOT a random lunatic who tried to kill her.. There must have been something else to this story that we are not being told.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

But will we ever know the truth?

I guess the subscription issue is interesting but may get lost is the wash.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
She is republican and he is a democrat......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

She is a Democrat, he is a Democrat. Don't know why you think she is a republican?
Politicians are like leggo anyway mate, made of plactic, cheap to buy and they can still go stick together even if one is a red brick and the other blue.

But anyway, Giffords is a Democrat, former republican, but now a Democrat.

Interesting that Doctors are persuing an aggressive recovery.
Maybe they have read this thread?

DOCTORS at the University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona said they are pursuing "very aggressive physical therapy" with Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and have sat her up and dangled her legs over the side of the bed.
www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If Obama's popularity drops any lower then most certainly, I can see her being used to aid a re-election if the public still feels strongly on the issue by then.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

That exactly how I see it too.
Obama could use Giffords popularity. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
At least she is recovering well, I hope this continues.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I haven't been fully following the AZ shooting story so I don't know if they have said any particulars on where in the head she was shot, so I'm making a generalization here.

I think you are seriously underestimating the recovery time and outlook with head trauma. She isn't going to be 100% when "fully recovered". She will have lost some brain function.

My brother suffered a closed head injury from a car accident 20 years ago. The doctors call him "fully recovered". He is still handicapped. It just means that he's not a vegetable and he can care for himself. A closed head injury is bad but it can't possibly be worse than getting shot in the head. I doubt if we will see her ever return to politics in a full capacity after this.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Hi,
I haven't underestimated anything. I clearly state "IF" she makes a full recovery, Which I hope she does.
I am familiar with aquired brain injuries and trauma too. I studied Nursing at Sydney University. I do not consider Giffords injury to be Minor.
As I state in my OP, the thread is pure conjecture and speculation. The thread topic is predictions and prophecies.
I have prefaced my prediction with IF. Not WHEN.

It is also worth noting that each and every trauma to the brain is significant in that they are all different and effect each person differently. Recovery is dependent on many a number of factors, including fully undertanding the damage caused by the intial trauma. This takes time to reveal itself. So predicting recovery and the time line or prognosis for recovery will relate directly to the damage once it is fully known.
Whilst I understand your personal experiences with your brother gives you a certain insight into brain injuries others may not have, I could form an argument that you may over emphasis Giffords injury purely by relating it to your brothers experience, which may form a bias as you postulate the potential for Giffords recovery.

Giffords was treated quickly, bleeding was not excessive( a great sign relative to the ballistic variables of cranial tissue damage from penetration ) and doctors relieved pressure quickly( which is another key factors as swelling and increased pressure also increases brain damage and the severity of damage).
These factors are often reffered to as Brain and Cerebral Edema and Elevtated Intercranial Pressure(ICP). Many victims of brain injuries are at risk from a elevated ICP which reduces oxygen levels in the brain tissue itself, which kills brain tissue.
This swelling can also cause even more ICP as it can block fluids leaving the skull, and thus reeking more damage.
All these were quickly managed in Giffords case.
She had very little dead brain matter(devitalized tissue) removed.

She is very, very lucky.

If she makes a full recovery, I predict she will be President Obama's VP for 2012.

You heard it here first.

edit on 14/1/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
That was one of my first thoughts actually. I told my partner, to mark my words, she'd be involved in presidential politics come 2012/2016.

Palin vs Giffords would be VERY entertaining,

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I think it would make some interesting viewing too.
Theatrics is politics these days.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join