It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BackGoogle Countdown... What does it mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.blackgoogle.com

19 days until what??

I scouted around the internet and it appears they had a countdown until Jan 1st, 2011 at the end of the last year, but what is this new countdown about?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Since there is a peripheral connection port on the side of earth, and blackgoogle.com is currently not doing anything, I'm guessing that maybe this is the countdown to that website going online with Google?

Who cares? is my second answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
groundhogs day?

link   
What a bunch of racists.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

link   
Intersting if you look at the who is info on that domain, it looks like every other domain that has been registered by proxy through godaddy. you can see the page here.

What is interesting though is that the registration expires on Jan 17, 2011, before the current countdown will end.

My guess is that its just a domain that was registered and has no content yet, so the designer just put up a countdown script in a flash animation and is waiting until he/she has a use for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Could be junk...or not but a website states that it a way to save energy. Who knows.

black-google.bpled.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I found Black google. And I found where the secret files of Wikileaks are located.

gadget.wired.it...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
maybe its google for black people like blackplanet site for black people

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No fields.
Maybe 19 days until they get a web developer that knows what he's doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sounds like it's a new version of the old blackle.com. As someone above stated, it was created as a way to save on energy, since it requires more energy for a monitor to display white than black. That site even has a counter to how many watt hours it has saved. Or, maybe it's something new...I dunno.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
www.treehugger.com...

Using standard white google I found that black google was suppose to save energy as stated above...

Black Power (savings) !

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this reaises another question to me

Is there a greygoogle?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

What a bunch of racists.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

rofl

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's counting down to black history month. I'm so sure of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not sure what the countdown is for, but after going to their site and doing a couple searches I found these.

Blackle

BPLED

Are these possibly connected to Black Google?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Weird that the domains were registered by proxy.

There are many black search engines that apparently save energy. (not sure if I entirely believe it)
Here is another: www.saveswatts.com...

But the countdown is just weird.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
my new website will be cleargoogle.com and it will be a blank page and you type your search but you can't see what your typing then you hit enter and you cant see the search results.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
countdown, huh?
You've just reminded me of a thread some time back that posted a link to a countdown on a radio station that had been put in place instead of music. It was very creepy and ominous sounding. I think it turned out to be some kind of publicity stunt. Anybody remember that? Let's hope this countdown is to something awesome!!! (We all need some happy-lucky good news for a change, no?)

Thanks for the interesting thread, OP. This is one reason I'm so dang addicted to this site. You read stuff here you'd never know about otherwise!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by belowabovetopsecret
my new website will be cleargoogle.com and it will be a blank page and you type your search but you can't see what your typing then you hit enter and you cant see the search results.

LOL.... you're a hoot! Mine's gonna be hippiegoogle.com full of rainbows, flowers, lava lamps and butterflies that morph into each other in a cascade of colorful kaleidoscopes that make you think "Far Out" and "Groovy" 'til you forget why you came, so you go put on some 60's tunes instead and let your hair grow long and make lots of signs that say, "Make Love not War" while your shirt's tie-dying.

Is that ok too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join