It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS so obsessed with Jared Lee Loughner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Seriously folks, I just don't get it. Why the obession? Why so my threads devoted to him? He is a mentally unstable person, who unfortunalty lost it, and killed innocent people. Read the paper, it happens alot. I can't believe I'm ready threads about this nut case and weird birds. Please, someone set me straight. Why?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Man, sorry to sound harsh but read some posts or pay more attention to the news before you ask something like this...

to answer your question, he was a member here at ATS.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

I do not think it is just ATS who is fascinated but most of the free world. Maybe ATS users are concerned when a person uses a gun to kill someone and then the media and people in power start turning their attention to the banning of these implements, instead of getting to the root of the cause. If they knew why this lad killed this lady then they can tackle the problem. Till then it is easier to blame a shiny piece of metal that fires more shiny pieces of metal.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

What's your point? Oh, it's because ATS is in the news..got it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't think they are obsessed it is just something that brings up discussions. From gun control to mental health to how tyrannical the government has gotten... I do not think it is Jared himself people are into but the debate and story that has risen out of it...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why your obsession with others obsession, that caused you to write a thread obsessing about others obsession in a obsessive manner?

edit on 12-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yep, that's it. I guess threads about this guy and weird birds are ok in your book.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's easy. This situation has been politicized, wrongly I might add and as politics plays a large part in the discussions here it becomes inflamed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
I don't think they are obsessed it is just something that brings up discussions. From gun control to mental health to how tyrannical the government has gotten... I do not think it is Jared himself people are into but the debate and story that has risen out of it...

I think your pic is a tiny bit inappropriate. Only because of the sensitive nature of the possibility that JL "may" of been a member here. I am not trying to sound disrespectful but you may run into problems with the T@C on this site or offend people looking in at this site with accusing viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Legitimate question dude.

Why not answer it?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

OK, I posted the question because every thread I'm seeing is about this nut case. I thought I would point it out. Did I answer to your satisfaction?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Perhaps we are obsessed with Jared Loughner because the media is obsessed as well - this is a big story for them and they are throwing stuff out left and right. As for myself I have always found psychology interesting - it is a study of the mind - sometimes things go haywire and we want to know why, a person does something completely off the charts (example-serial killers). I am the most peaceful person you might ever want to meet and I look for answers of why someone else would not be.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I don't think there is anything wrong with discussion of things that could impact the way we live day to day... It is healthy for ATS to be able to talk these things out and hear everyone's view point.. Give it some time and this will fade away... Trust me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

OK, I posted the question because every thread I'm seeing is about this nut case. I thought I would point it out. Did I answer to your satisfaction?

He was a member

Part of our community

He murdered folks

It creeped said community out

Does that answer YOUR question?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

Good point, and you're right. It will blow over. It's just the odd angles it took.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
maybe because its one of the biggest news topics right now and since he was supposedly a member here I am sure that plays into people talking about him, on top of that it seems that many people have conspiracy theories about him and what has happened.

What should people talk about on the site rainbows and unicorns?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Tecnically you just posted another Obsessive thread about Obsessing about him....

OH MY GOD....Complete Paradox

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowabovetopsecret
What should people talk about on the site rainbows and unicorns?

That would be the Fragile Earth and Cryptozoology forums.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

OK, aside from an email address, what does it take to be a member of ATS?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It might look a little bad from the outside. A preoccupation with this guy might be portrayed as support. If this website gets big enough to catch big brother's eye they will get you any way the can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join