It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can telepathy ever be developed by technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know that people claim to have telepathic abilities. And that some people believe that all human brains have these capabilities to varying degrees and they can be developed through exercises.
But I am not discussing whether telepathy really exists.

I just had a question as to whether a technology could ever be developed to give these cababilities. Is it something you would want? I could see good military uses.
Any idea how technology like this would be developed?

Thank you for your insightful responses.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well telepathic communication already exists to an extent. Radios.

For each ability, like for example telekinesis, you would need another device to emulate it.
Some are already emulated, others we are still working on.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sorry i'm not expert and these are just my uneducated opinion on the matter due to my experiences. I think due to the fact that were all energy and interconnected that science either does or will have a way to enhance those types of abilities. Considering it's vibrational and has something to do with energy, whether it be magnetic, electric, etc. I'm sure there's stuff already that can at least enhance those abilities.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You have no idea what they can do already, go and research it.

Look up neurophone, that was developed in 70's, but the gov has far better than that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Depends how far you extend your definition of telepathy.
Right now, we can interface biological brains to operate machines. That is a form of communication that does not rely on sensory organs. you can literally will the machine into performing "left, up, left, close clamp" and it successfully processes this information as it was intended. It's not too far a stretch to imagine a two way system interfacing two biological brains.

So if you mean telepathy in the sense of communication without the use of what we've accepted as our "senses", yes. If you think of telepathy as something purely metaphysical, not in the foreseeable future.
edit on 12-1-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh, it will be..not a if thing

I know plenty of people that by just touching their head, can instantanously start conversing with people anywhere on earth

they are using cell phones

eventually this will be a tiny implant

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It's going to have to wait until we get better at detecting other kinds of fields than just electromagnetic. You have to kind of assume that the information transferred in a telepathic exchange involves travel through some kind of medium, so that would involve some kind of change or modification of that medium (generation of order or field). But what do we have to detect that? Organic or living things? Maybe there would be a way to put bacteria or some other organic, living thing in a detector of some kind and use that to measure these fields and get an idea as to how they interact with EM fields we can control.

We're not all that good at working in other dimensions, either. So if psi fields involve other dimensions, we'll have a hard time with even conceptualizing what we're dealing with.

Either way, it may involve some modification or revision of currently accepted physical principles. But, hey. They're designed to be modified. That's the whole point of experimental science.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A lot of topics today were around years ago and still might be tried and true topics centuries hence.
I've been reading a lot ideas expressed by Tesla through his years and they read like a
compendium for ideas and writers forever more.

Yes telepathy can be developed.
Unless you are like Edison thinking Tesla's TV in the eye was joke worthy.

Basically if you think something could be done in heaven Tesla would have done it
on Earth his ideas were so out there beyond Einstein.

ED: Here have a chuckle for the CIA board room.
1923-02-25: A Giant Eye to See Round the World
Wow why didn't Einstein think of that instead snitching on Reich.
Here look it up.
www.tesla.hu...
We can use satellites today perhaps but the Tesla eye was in
his hover and speed ship.

edit on 1/12/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I just had a question as to whether a technology could ever be developed to give these cababilities. Is it something you would want? I could see good military uses.

Yes, and it is being developed by DARPA right now.

They call it "synthetic telepathy"

a soldier would “think” a message to be transmitted and a computer-based speech recognition system would decode the EEG signals. The decoded thoughts, in essence translated brain waves, are transmitted using a system that points in the direction of the intended target.

Source

They are also developing ways of controling machinery (maybe giant mechs in the future???).

On Thursday, the 12-pound, 32-inch monkey made a 200-pound, 5-foot humanoid robot walk on a treadmill using only her brain activity.

She was in North Carolina, and the robot was in Japan.

Source

And of course there is Remote Viewing which has been extremely effective. Don't believe the disinformation. This program has been in operation from 70s through today. The intelligence agencies disavow it's efficacy and claim to "shut it down" from time to time but it is effective and in operation. They play the pea under the shell game and move it every time it is exposed. It was given a presidential accommodation for effectiveness and supposedly shut down in 1995 but it was just moved to the NSA as revealed in a footnote found in an article written by Gerald K. Haines for the CIA's classified "Studies in Intelligence."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My understanding of the subject is that no brain is the same, almost as if every individual piece of equipment would have to be custom programed to that soldier, and perhaps even reprogrammed while in use to account for changes in the pattern depending on the complexity of the device.

But then again, our brains are organic and perhaps they could grow around the technology, learn to make it work so to speak.

Im sure a masterful intuitive software can be achieved. I remember 10-15 years ago I had electrodes placed on my temples and the top of my head in a lab and I would make things move on the computer screen with relative ease. Very crude animations, but still entirely manipulated through the act of focus.

Oddly enough they quickly stopped the test and moved us out of the room, it seemed strange.

But it is a reality, it might start as simple as opening a door electronically by focusing on the door and focusing it to open, but you could perhaps make it run an engine or facilitate any function of a device to initiate a programing code?

We are definitely, 100% giving off signals that can be read, mapped, and used as triggers for technology.

No doubt.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They could be reading our minds right now if it were important enough.
One poster wondered if mind control was controlling what we were typing for posts.
Do a mind control check like Reich.

Take a few quick photos outside and check for a UFO, or actually Tesla ship
presence or remnant of their ever fleeting presence.

Then you are safe from control or monitoring.
Another system might have been the Tesla world wide wave towers
encompassing the globe putting everyone on View much like people
are today on youtube.

ED:
wilhelm reich mind control

edit on 1/12/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

One tiny impant... and one huge Glyoma.

Just saying, mutations just require energy, and all electromagnetic waves ARE energy. If you have enough of them passing through living tissue, some of them will hit DNA at the wrong time, in the wrong place, and play havoc with your apoptosis.

(As far as telepathy goes, I agree with previous posters, including Saturn (all hail to the hypnotoad) that telecommunications technology will just get smaller and be an implant. In my opinion, one implant reading the speech centre and transmitting, and a receiver attached to a cochlear implant to allow hearing of the message without having to create action potentials within the brain, which would always carry the risk of the impant slipping and sending you into fun, fun spasms).
edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: I felt like adding a cliche. Is that a crime? All hail to the hypnotoad

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am reading Ingo Swann's Remote Viewing the Real Story online now. He is a pretty funny guy and a fun read. He discusses how the whole thing got rolling, and writes about the plant guy who developed lie detector tests and used them on plants. Ingo goes on to develop a protocol to teach some of these skills - but haven't gotten that far. It's a fun read and it's free. Just Google him and go to his site.

He also mentions many names for further interest/research on this topic. I enjoyed one of the early chapters on a lady named Gertrude and her "Sheep vs. Goat" studies. I'm a sheep. Anyway happy reading for those inclined.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great responses everyone, thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Yes, and it is being developed by DARPA right now.

They call it "synthetic telepathy"

We're going to need some relaxed UCMJ rules and easygoing commanders, man.

They're going to be hearing what grunts REALLY think when they get an order?!

Seriously, you could fly a helicopter with this tech 12 years ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

We're going to need some relaxed UCMJ rules and easygoing commanders, man.

They're going to be hearing what grunts REALLY think when they get an order?!

Seriously, you could fly a helicopter with this tech 12 years ago.

According to Wired Magazine they even want to control the enemies thoughts eventually... and since the enemy of the new Big Brother government we are living under is us..........

DARPA has been engaging in many very scary research which they have been announcing to the public. I am sure they are also engaging in even scarier research in the BLACK.

This is not paranoia it is history. For years they irradiated the public in the black while they publicly only did rats in labs. They engaged in MK-ULTRA torture and drug based mind control on the public without their knowledge or consent.

Source, Wired Magazine

Forget the battlefield radios, the combat PDAs or even infantry hand signals. When the soldiers of the future want to communicate, they’ll read each other’s minds.

At least, that’s the hope of researchers at the Pentagon’s mad-science division Darpa. The agency’s budget for the next fiscal year includes $4 million to start up a program called Silent Talk. The goal is to “allow user-to-user communication on the battlefield without the use of vocalized speech through analysis of neural signals.” That’s on top of the $4 million the Army handed out last year to the University of California to investigate the potential for computer-mediated telepathy.

Before being vocalized, speech exists as word-specific neural signals in the mind. Darpa wants to develop technology that would detect these signals of “pre-speech,” analyze them, and then transmit the statement to an intended interlocutor. Darpa plans to use EEG to read the brain waves. It’s a technique they’re also testing in a project to devise mind-reading binoculars that alert soldiers to threats faster the conscious mind can process them.

The project has three major goals, according to Darpa. First, try to map a person’s EEG patterns to his or her individual words. Then, see if those patterns are generalizable — if everyone has similar patterns. Last, “construct a fieldable pre-prototype that would decode the signal and transmit over a limited range.”

The military has been funding a handful of mind-tapping technology recently, and already have monkeys capable of telepathic limb control. Telepathy may also have advantages beyond covert battlefield chatter. Last year, the National Research Council and the Defense Intelligence Agency released a report suggesting that neuroscience might also be useful to “make the enemy obey our commands.” The first step, though, may be getting a grunt to obey his officer’s remotely-transmitted thoughts.

edit on 13-1-2011 by pianopraze because: source link

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

lmao I was about to call you crazy at first..good post

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here is a link to the many players and agencies. Happy reading!
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This is far from new, not necessarily supressed information - but not mainstream.
I am just really starting my exploration of learning in this area. Stumbled across the link.

new topics

top topics

join