It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awakening of the most powerfull Volcanoes around the world!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

.Everything's connected, but just solar activity and that asteroid's near-miss alone might have triggered a "cascade." Hopefully, it will diminish and disappear, not worsen.

Some have tried to connect the Solar Activity Cycle and planetary configurations to the Volcanic/Earthquake Cycle. Please realize there are those who have connected the solar cycle to planetary configurations although that is highly debated. SEE: Layman's Sunspot Count It is worth bookmarking since they are following Cycle 24 which STILL hasn't gotten out of the basement.

This is from last spring:

Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com long range weather & climate forecasters today announced important findings connecting solar-lunar effects on earthquakes and volcanoes and warned that the major solar explosion (Coronal Mass Ejection) of 13th April will increase risk of: more earthquakes, renewed eruption of Iceland’s volcano & extreme weather events world-wide as it hits Earth

Click to download PDF file, Earthquakes Volcanoes Solar Activity & NEW Connections by Piers Corbyn

There is a really good discussion at Astronomy .com: Number of (mainly amateur) researchers have noticed coincidence between sunspot minima and occurrences of major earthquakes or volcanoes....

A GRAPH of increasing earthquake frequency.

Scientific paper: Planetary Configurations: Implications for Earthquake Perdiction...

Hundreds of Quakes Are Rattling Yellowstone 2/2010

Global Volcanism Program

Thousand of new volcanoes revealed beneath the waves

Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

First Evidence Of Under-Ice Volcanic Eruption In Antarctica

This is an very interesting study. It shows Volcanic activity trumps the sun's influence on climate.

Study of Dust in Ice Cores Shows Volcanic Eruptions Interfere with the Effect of Sunspots on Global Climate

University at Buffalo scientists working with ice cores have solved a mystery surrounding sunspots and their effect on climate that has puzzled scientists since they began studying the phenomenon.

The research, published in a paper in the May 15 issue of Geophysical Research Letters, provides striking evidence that sunspots -- blemishes on the sun's surface indicating strong solar activity -- do influence global climate change, but that explosive volcanic eruptions on Earth can completely reverse those influences.

It is the first time that volcanic eruptions have been identified as the atmospheric event responsible for the sudden and baffling reversals that scientists have seen in correlations between sunspots and climate.... www.unisci.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Two "Interesting Shining Spheres" captured by the scientific webcam near Merapi Volcano...right now!

Good job Arken. Some here EA speaking some wish to be in fear... Keep in mind underwater LARGE volcanos as well. S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks friend.

About these shining spheres, You can see more here www.abovetopsecret.com...
!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I forgot to add Africa has some major fault lines that are "pulling apart rapidly"

A Continent Splits Apart

By Axel Bojanowski

Normally new rivers, seas and mountains are born in slow motion. The Afar Triangle near the Horn of Africa is another story. A new ocean is forming there with staggering speed -- at least by geological standards. Africa will eventually lose its horn.

Geologist Dereje Ayalew and his colleagues from Addis Ababa University were amazed -- and frightened. They had only just stepped out of their helicopter onto the desert plains of central Ethiopia when the ground began to shake under their feet. The pilot shouted for the scientists to get back to the helicopter. And then it happened: the Earth split open. Crevices began racing toward the researchers like a zipper opening up. After a few seconds, the ground stopped moving, and after they had recovered from their shock, Ayalew and his colleagues realized they had just witnessed history. For the first time ever, human beings were able to witness the first stages in the birth of an ocean....

The dramatic event that Ayalew and his colleagues witnessed in the Afar Desert on Sept. 26, 2005 was the first visual proof of this process -- and it was followed by a week-long series of earthquakes. During the months that followed, hundreds of further crevices opened up in the ground, spreading across an area of 345 square miles. "The earth has not stopped moving since," geophysicist Tim Wright of the University of Oxford says. The ground is still splitting open and sinking, he says; small earthquakes are constantly shaking the region...
www.spiegel.de...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
reply to post by Arken

The DOTS have been linked:

You need to read it ALL, please do not skip. It contains information from questions throught the hours worth of reading.

It is humerous in parts.

ATS Thread

I actually recommend this thread. This guy goes toe to toe with every skeptic, and still come out on top with some fine knowledge.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Not the most powerful volcanoes in the world, I'm afraid. Krakatoa (the first) was certainly powerful, but by no means the most powerful in the 19th Century, which would be Mount Tambora's 1815 eruption, which caused the so called "Year Without a Summer". The most powerful volcanoes are of course those capable of a Super Eruption. As far as anyone knows, these ones can't do that.

The most powerful volcanoes to add:

-Toba
-Yellowstone
-Taupo
-The other one in USA, forgot name

They are way more powerful than Krakatoa, even just one erupting would cause extinction and millions of deaths.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral
Earth isn't really fragile, at least not by Human terms. The conditions permitting our survival on it are, though.

One of the best short quotes I've read here.

Star.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Originally posted by aoi3610
reply to post by Arken

The DOTS have been linked:

You need to read it ALL, please do not skip. It contains information from questions throught the hours worth of reading.

It is humerous in parts.

ATS Thread

I actually recommend this thread. This guy goes toe to toe with every skeptic, and still come out on top with some fine knowledge.

Star for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sure fireworks caused this awakening.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Well.... I have to go off topic for a moment here..... (and then I come back to the reality of Indonesia).
Because your signature immediately got my attention susp3kt.
Dubstep....!!!
I clicked the link and listened to: "Reid Speed's Bass Fueled Mischief Exclusive Promo Mix"..
now that's a MASTER PIECE OF ITS KIND !!!!!!!!!!!
Ok... enough off topic,... sorry for the interruption, but I need some FUN between all the # that's happening at this moment of our life..!!!
Lets go back to the things happening in South East Asia and especially to Indonesia, Krakatau.
I opened a thread on ATS about it,.. and it's about the "Sinking of South East Asia"
Watch it here:
Sinking of South East Asia at this very moment
edit on 12-1-2011 by noahproductions because: edit content

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
One might want to check out the thread about asia sinking into the pacific ocean. As this is in conjunction with the volcanic and earthquake activity over there....
Though it isnt much, 1.5 cm the ground is subsiding.
Hopefully this doesnt worsen with the addition of more volcanoes becomming active in the area.......

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, we have mass animal die offs happening all over the world... flooding like there hasn't been in decades in Australia.... record cold and snow in the UK and US... floods in the Philippine islands... flooding in India and Pakistan... earth quakes in places where there normally aren't... a giant crack in the middle of Michigan... economic turmoil in the entire world... and now, greater volcanic activity...

I feel for those who see this as "normal". I've asked people who are in their 80's if they can recall times like this, and not even during wars and depressions can they recall the earth showing these kinds of signs to us. You can say it's because we are more "connected" today, but people still wrote and documented things all throughout history, and you won't find any mention of the recent activities as we've been witnessing.

I'm not saying it is the end of the world, because I don't honestly believe that. But I do believe it is the coming end of the world AS WE KNOW IT, and it starts with us realizing that the way we live can no longer be sustained, and that will be the beginning of the end of "this world" today that is centered around materialism and ego.

It's coming, whether you like it or not, things are changing right in front of your eyes and we are on the precipice.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Same line....

Hope that you, me and others are wrong on this one but.....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
All of the volcanoes mentioned in the OP have been active on a very regular basis over the past few centuries, with the possible exception of Kizimen (which is an area where volcanoes are constantly active.) They are also far from the earth's most powerful volcanoes. Krakatua was a big deal when it blew in the 19th century, but its child Anak Krakatua is nowhere near having that kind of explosive event.

Can we get some moderation on this thread title?
edit on 12-1-2011 by quakewatcher because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by Arken

One problem? Those of us who are connecting the dots are being shut up, how do you suggest that the discussion should be held?

A seperate forum for those that see the relevances and the connections? Who want proper discussions where those views are shared and something can be done? Proactively?
I believe we are sat at the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. Not the end of the world but end of the world as we know it, and for the better too.

Its happening now.

Nobody is being 'shut up'. There's a massive difference between people opposing your views and engaging in debate, and being 'shut up'.

Your post and this thread wouldn't exist if you were being 'shut up'. What you really want is a forum where everyone agrees with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's some Moderation for you.

ETNA is now spewing magma.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
On any given day there are approximately 200 active volcanoes.

It's not the end of the world.

It's just ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by laterallateral

When we reach this upcoming alignment, the poles will reverse shutting down our magnetic field, and obviously you know life can't be sustained without this field for any length of time. This has happened twice in history that we know of, and we've seen huge gaps in history as a result. We're coming full circle now, and we've found more than enough warnings in our history to anticipate this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i can't say for certain what's causing all the increased vulcanism in the last dozen or so years.

or whats been causing the increased? tremors/earthquakes...
(modern record keeping & detailed monitoring)

my guess is that the inncer core os slowing down
that in turn slows down the currents generated in the molten mantle layer of liquid rock material...

hot spots get generated under the Earths' crust/tectonic plates...causing the ancient volcanos
to become active again

the whole earth surface is getting hotter, because the mantle layer is not getting sufficiently
mixed...as it was when the inner core of the planet (where the magnetic dynamo originates)
was more fluid and had a more even heat ...except at the 10 or so Hot Spots like Hawaii
or Iceland, Greenland, Phillipines volcanoes....

just a thought

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Another factor for the volcanic activity and earthquakes could be melting ice at the poles. the reduction in weight could get the tectonic plates moving to re-adjust earth.

When ice sheets melt, and reduce the load on the surface of the Earth, the land areas beneath them bounce back up. New, accurate observations are needed to investigate this uplift and its implications effectively. This article provides a topical starting point for investigating some applications of physics applied to the polar regions of the Earth, and interaction between the solid Earth, ice and oceans.

Bouncing continents: insights into the physics of the polar regions of the Earth

I think there are multiple factors hammering the planet.

Dumb humans, not recognising basic animal behaviour within, and crapping in their own nest doesn't help matters

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join