It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Source: www.news24.com

Johannesburg - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela is demanding an apology from two police officers who pulled over her car on the M1 highway because it was weaving recklessly through traffic at 150km/h. "Who the [SNIP] do you think you are," she repeatedly yelled at him and his colleagues, Warrant Officer Jannie Odendaal said on Tuesday.
"A man jumped out and yelled: 'Who the hell do you think you are to want to search this vehicle, we are not in the era of apartheid any more'," Odendaal said. The man appeared to be one of Madikizela-Mandela's bodyguards. He bumped Odendaal against the chest, according to Odendaal.

There's a lot of background to this story, the woman often referred to as the "the mother of south africa" by some, and a cold blooded killer by others, notably one of the first things Mandela did after being released was divorce her.

The speed limit in that area iss 80km/h, so nearly double the speed limit, in an unmarked car. The "zero tolerance" approach to traffic violations has been heavily punted by the police and media over the last while, with a required arrest for cars exceeding 40km/h over the limit.

I'm most disconcerted by the reference to apartheid, it's been 17 years now? And this woman has had the absolute best of everything in this time, and is still an albatross around our necks.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed censored word

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
ha!! A cold blooded killer with her "soccer team" back in the day. Should be fined and or locked up BUT.................don't forget South Africa has the most progressive constitution in the world and hosted the 2010 Soccer world Cup so with that in mind you need to overlook all the corruption and plain lawlessness in the country.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

This doesn't surprise me at all..............how she escaped going to jail a few years ago I'll never know. There must have been some serious under the table dealing going on.....oh well, not much we can do

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thanks for comments, i'm surprised that international folk remember the previous incident(s) so well.

This is what happens when you literally allow someone to get away with murder.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

lol.........nie almal op ATS is buitelanders nie

Edit: I think I've been away too long, because that doesn't sound right.....
edit on 12/1/11 by auxxon because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/11 by auxxon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by auxxon

se hulle ja. onthou julle vir Stompie?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is an English board, can we keep it in English.

Dankie vir julle samewerking.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
ROFL! Touche!

Sounded right to me ... although i'd wonder about your reference to foreigners :p (anything like a "bloody agent"?)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantien

Damn, the Mods are quick.........lol....

I heard somewhere the other day that they're actually making either a film or broadway play about her life.......will try to find the links in a bit. Can't say I'm too pleased about it. What kind of message does that send out to the younger generation growing up back home when you effectivley glorify murderer's??

Found something on the film: Winnie Mandela film

More articles if you just google it
edit on 12/1/11 by auxxon because: added hyperlink

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Winnie needs to get over her thoughts that everything is race related. Apartheid is LOOOOONGG gone... 1994 we are now 12 years later... 4 presidents later and she still uses it to make herself look like the victim...what if she hit a pedestrian??

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok, so the DA has caught wind of this, and is responding predictably, if only trying to retain some semblance of rationality:

Link: News24

Lorimer called for an independent investigation into the incident. "Mrs Mandela is a Member of Parliament, no more, no less. She has no special dispensation when it comes to breaking the law. "Lieutenant General Petros should be backing up his policemen on this issue, as it seems that they were only doing their job, as he has, on numerous occasions, instructed." Gauteng police could not immediately confirm the report that Petros planned to see to it that the officers apologise to Madikizela-Mandela.

So the bigpig really is a footlicker to these politicos. It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

re "Bloody agent"

Hahahaha............only just got that now!! Going to be a loooooong day...........

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
don't touch Mr Mod in his studio.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
(anything like a "bloody agent"?)

I felt sorry for that reporter. When I saw that I was really surprised that kind of crap was still being spewed in SA. The country will never be able to truly move forward until everyone just gets over the past, and stops bringing up the past! What's done is done, and we can can't change that. We can however chose to change the future. Unfortunately it's too damn easy to play the race card in SA.

Also, she's basically in control of a big "mafia" in SA, that's why they are so scared of her. I use that word, as I'm poster no14 on this thread, and all posts are from South Africans, so the majority of ATS won't know how dangerous this woman is.

It's a sad day for me when I read this. That's why I hardly visit any SA websites anymore.....the news is just so negative, and it brings me down....

Will check in later once back from work to read anymore replies. Thanks for the post Harry

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
She had wee Stompie Moeketsi murdered..............

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
One of the problems we have now is that the black majority feel they are owed everything now because of apartheid and the black elite or controllers are milking everything for what it's worth. People like Winnie will now play a number of cards now because SHE CAN. If you are connected in anyway to the struggle you seem to be deemed to be above the law of the land that YOU actually setup in 1994.

South Africa is not the Rainbow Nation as everyone wants you to believe it is till a divided nation except this time the the masters roles have been reversed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Also, she's basically in control of a big "mafia" in SA, that's why they are so scared of her. I use that word, as I'm poster no14 on this thread, and all posts are from South Africans, so the majority of ATS won't know how dangerous this woman is.

That's the rub, it's mafia, pure and simple.

What is happening in the Eastern Transvaal is even worse. They are literally killing anyone who asks questions about their criminal activity, and have the police on their side, these are the democratically elected leaders in the province, who are more criminal than anyone else i can think of.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lets just say it out loud. The policemen have to apologize because they are white! She wants to humiliate them.
The day she dies, the funaral will be broadcasted, but I'm sure her comrades will have a big party afterwards.
She will surely not be missed!
With our luck she'll live as long as Mugabe!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
She comes across as a ghastly woman. Nelson was wise to give her the boot !

One of the best arguments against racism, is to compare how the ''elite'' behave all across the world, whether they be white, black or asian. They all have the exactly the same modus operandi and personality traits.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Still wonder why so may saffers are on ATS.

Anyway shes an idiot but things like these don't surprise me anymore.

Blaming it on Apartheid how original

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join