It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was Jarod Laughner jewish?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
neil bauman reports that Laughner's mother was jewish.
which would make him jewish.

has anyone else been able to uncover more sources of this? i doubt any mainstream press would dare pick up the story. but i do think its ironic.

m.motherjones.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

And how is this relevant to anything at all? So what if he's Jewish? What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I don't know but I heard he played with gi joes..do you know what that means!? nothing..just like his religion has nothing to do with anything..perhaps the fact he used pantene is news worthy too?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Judaism being a religion; it cannot be inherited by blood.

I would know; my mother is protestant, my father jewish, I'm a buddhist.
edit on 1/11/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What relevance would that have on the case? Giffords is Jewish, so if the shooter is, it would have nothing to do with what you are likely thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The only relevance I can think of is that it would make him less likely to be a NAZI.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Laughners mother was jewish... so this makes him jewish? What happened to freedom of religion? So what? He could have been whoever the hell he wanted to, and what he was is not relevant to the horrific act he carried on on folks in Tucson.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Seriously does this idiot's faith matter? Why? Violent and extreme acts of this magnitude are committed nearly daily somewhere around the globe by persons of all faiths, ethnicities so with that in mind one's faith is by no way indicitive of increased risk potential for criminal activity.
edit on 11-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The only relevance I can think of is that it would make him less likely to be a NAZI.

I guess you didn't know this; in the Middle East there is this country that is a Jewish state. You should check out what they've done sometime. I think it's called Israel or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Jewish? Come on man, why would that matter?

So being a psychopath isn't enough, we have to drag his religion in on this? Shall we talk about him being white? Maybe he was gay? Hmm, I wonder if he was circumcised?

I'm not positive on this, so please don't quote me (sarcasm runs a muck), but being a psychopath isn't limited to being Jewish, or Catholic, or black or whatever.

It's because of a dumb question (or accusation, or an insinuation he took as an accusation) like this that sparked the flame within him and ignited his revenge in the first place.

Let's focus on more important matters, shall we?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

And how is this relevant to anything at all? So what if he's Jewish? What does that mean?

SIGH...

you didnt get the memo.. did you? Jews are evil. Jews are to blame for everything that happens. Jews are the boogeyman. If you have a drop of dirty jew blood you may as well be locked up before you go jew on everyone and start killing folks and sneaking into good GOYIM homes to rob the kids' piggy banks and change jars.

(will it EVER end???)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

SIGH...

you didnt get the memo.. did you? Jews are evil. Jews are to blame for everything that happens. Jews are the boogeyman. If you have a drop of dirty jew blood you may as well be locked up before you go jew on everyone and start killing folks and sneaking into good GOYIM homes to rob the kids' piggy banks and change jars.

(will it EVER end???)

Hitler was close.

But yeah, I don't really see how him being Jewish, even though he wasn't religious and was an outspoken atheist, has anything to do with him being a schizophrenic who killed people.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by Advantage

SIGH...

(will it EVER end???)

Hitler was close.

But yeah, I don't really see how him being Jewish, even though he wasn't religious and was an outspoken atheist, has anything to do with him being a schizophrenic who killed people.

This whole argument is like saying hitler had a funny moustache.. and everyone with a funny moustache might be a killer. To prevent killings we need to start looking at these people with funny moustaches just in case they go postal.

Of course this kid had schizophreniform thinking.. I read his garbage and it was obvious. there are many types of schizophrenia. Not all schizophreniform thinking is schizophrenia. Look it up, dont take my word for it. Ive dealt with schizophrenics for years. WHile youre at it look into the functioning folks with profound schizophrenia.

He has reasons for what he did.. he did what he wanted to do.I dont care what his reasons were.. his reasons will never mitigate his actions. He knew it was wrong and loaded the gun and pulled the trigger. WHen he saw this action kill a human being, he kept pulling the trigger knowing the consequences. He is at fault.... not his religion or lack of it, not his jewish blood if there is any. Not his mental illness. There will be NO ngri defense for him as he does not fit the criteria. He chose to murder, knew it was wrong, did it anyway because he wanted to. Sarah palin, the dems, athiests, whatever.. NONE of this forced him to do what he did. No message board, not belief in 9/11 or fiat money and certainly not his fixation with grammar.... there is nothing to "excuse" what he did no matter how hard anyone looks. There is no conspiracy in his "codes" and no fathomable reason for him to have went down this path other than choosing to do so. The mentally ill are capable of choice and know right from wrong. There is no red mark on him that shows he was a murderer before the fact. There are indications.. but these things can be found in people who never commit a crime.

Unless we want to start making little lists and detaining people who MIGHT commit a crime or MIGHT think about killing someone.. we should start looking at this from a more rational angle IMO.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think the Op may be hinting at the fact that they may have known each other through religion, like this place. www.chaverim.net...

Here's an interesting link www.aolnews.com... www.aolnews.com...

It's also apparently a big deal to the jewish community. www.theyeshivaworld.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think the more pertinent question is, was Jarod Laughner, actually a fishman alien?

Or was he an underpants gnome cleaning up afterwards?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Loughner is crazy - this is much more relevant than his religion, race, inseam size, political persuasion, gender, sexual orientation, taste in food, or any other irrelevant factoid that might be discussed.

Crazy works just find without dissecting minutia.

~Heff
edit on 1/11/11 by Hefficide because: nyquil + keyboard = typo

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is Jewish law, that if one's mother is a Jew, then you are too, and that is regardless of if you practice Juadism, or Buddhism, or are an athiest, you are still a Jew.

This is not non-Jews saying, it is Jewish belief.

Not for or against Jews here, just saying, this is how Jews believe. Mother a Jew, then you are a Jew, forever.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

That's lovely that a bunch of people believe something.

Mass belief does not make fact. They can have all the laws they want; if I don't practice said religion, said law doesn't apply to me or anyone else who doesn't practice said religion.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jew is not just a religion, it's a people, and not all the people practice Juadism, yet they are still Jews. It's not just a religious ahderence like Christianity. If one is a Jew, from a Jewish mother, they remain a Jew even if they practice Hinduism.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He was a sociopath that is all that matters here, the man committed mass murder. Religion to me doesn't even enter my mind, politics neither. When someone goes bat's there really is no motive behind it. It is something that went through his head cause of the sounds of it, she didn't answer a question months before to his satisfaction. I wouldn't pursue the thoughts of a nut case as some mass genius sorry. Not this one anyways granted Tesla was bat's according to some. But this guy didn't just make patents, he killed people for god knows what really. It is a shame that religion and politics gets pinned on the heads of madness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join