It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

381 Comments, but you are not allowed to see them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed lately that all the bigger news outlets are not allowing you to see their comment sections? I am seeing this a whole lot more recently.

Take a look at this article-Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

Try to get a view of the comments. No, it is not that you do not have an account, because I have one at ABC. They are not allowing the comments to be viewed anymore. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Things are definitely getting interesting huh?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I actually see this same behavior over at CNN all the time.

It's a toss up usually, sometimes comments are viewable, often times they are not.

I always figured it was there way of censoring things without anyone in particular figuring out which specific posts were being censored.

Edit: Checked your link. I can actually see the comments there. Haha.
edit on 10-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: updated

link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Yes very strange that there are 391 posts... an odd number, lets see if it goes up in the next couple days then we will see if they have really stopped it.

link   

I noticed that a few months ago when I use to read the AOL News comments. Then suddenly they were no longer there. It's strange because about 1 in 10 pages has a comments section now, it's like random.

They are probably trying to keep it that all those who are angry and frustrated don't realize almost everyone else there is angry and frustrated too. You must remember most people don't come to places like ATS so ABC News and AOL, FOX, etc... they have the most viewers. So if those people see they are not in the minority they might feel stronger.

However I have noticed that CNN is an exception to this as their comments page is very long and it's always there.

edit on 1/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

However I have noticed that CNN is an exception to this as their comments page is very long and it's always there.[/font]
edit on 1/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

That's odd. For me CNN comments are there only half the time.

I don't ever post there really, but I do like good comments hehe.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
sorry but they are still commenting on that site?
maybe you can see them in UK.

Contribute | Do you have more information about this topic? If so, please click here to contact the editors of ABC News.
400 Comments | Add Yours

Next Page | View: First to Last
What a sad spectacle this sheriff is - obviously not in touch with reality and smarting from the slaughter his department allowed on his way too long watch. I think it's high time this fossil steps down and stops fanning the flames of hatred he probably doesn't even realize he is feeding. He and his like-minded, weak willed bretheran complain about our country going downhill without for a moment realizing they are a big part of the problem and far from a solution. Sad, sad, sad.
Posted by:
dennis8903 12:04 AM
Mark As Violation

Admin Link: 763
And now eric616161 blames Dunkin' Donuts? The cops are addicted victims who can't help themselves. Any lefty knows this.
Posted by:
Free2dance64 12:02 AM
Mark As Violation

Admin Link: 762
Know one is talking about the Dead Federal Judge. Who was a Republican conservative. How about the others who were murdered? It is all MEDIA hype, all about liberal issues and stirred all around by our main stream media who more than not fail to report the whole story and fail more to do the research or fact finding. More reason to turn off ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN...all failures to vet stories and report the truth!
Posted by:
stevegd007 12:01 AM
Mark As Violation

Admin Link: 761
ABC ran this story for one reason. To assist the far-left in their attempt to silence free speech and repeal the first amendment. When speech becomes a crime, we are no better than the communists.
Posted by:
techguru456 12:01 AM
Mark As Violation

edit on 10-1-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Presently it says that there are 400 comments and I can see what appears to be all of them, though I admittedly did not count to be sure the tally was correct.

Maybe they had troll issues and closed the comment section for a bit to give them a chance to ban an IP or two?

~Heff

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

i can see all 400 comments.
read full article, end of page 2 has a comments box with a 'view all comments'
using firefox with 'no script' plug-in, i temporarily allowed 3 addresses on the page to get them displayed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, going to try again. Let me check it out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can see all of the comments at your link. Have never had issues seeing or posting comments anywhere, Maybe they limit access for troublesome providers or addresses? Maybe some cache somewhere is full or it's some sort of other browser issue?

P.S. You have to click the + to expand the comments section. It starts out closed. Could that be it?
edit on 1/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OKAY, what the heck, Firefox I cannot view them but I opened Opera and I can!

Alright, it has to do with my browser.

NEVERMIND!

But what is making my Firefox not view it. Maybe Java?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay, something is going on with my Firefox.

I am able to see it with everything but Firefox. I have IE, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.

Hmmmm, I hope I did not screw up Firefox when I installed all those browsers to test my websites.

Darn, sorry folks, false alarm.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Question, do you think that maybe the website is not set up to allow Firefox to see the comments?

My sites all work with Firefox. That is why I installed all the browsers was to test my websites.

I really do not want to switch, I know my firefox! Dernit!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hey MODS, you can delete this thread, it seems there is something wrong with my browser.

SORRY AGAIN FOLKS.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Saltheart... I am on Firefox and that is how I browsed that site and saw the comments... It is probably a setting issue or an add-on issue.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks Heff. I have been having problems with my video also. Some videos are not playing on some sites.

I am thinking of re doing my computer again. I have probably messed something up with my software.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's a toss up usually, sometimes comments are viewable, often times they are not.

This is a good way to gauge the ignorance factor. It does start to give the news industry a whole new perspective when everybody can talk and sift through the stories. It is really going to give all those stories a hard time as all the media outlets become more like ATS.
Would you like that kind of attention on your ass?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had a similar problem with Firefox. I had installed an extension called NoScript. It's a very handy security tool, but it blocks everything, including comments on news sites. If you're using it, just hover your mouse over the icon on the the bottom of the browser and you can allow all the scripts on that page temporarily or permanently. You can also unblock one script at a time, but that's tedious.

new topics

top topics

join