It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Of 9 Year Old Murder Victim In Tucson Does Not Want Restrictions Of Freedoms!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Father Of 9 Year Old Murder Victim In Tucson Does Not Want Restrictions Of Freedoms!

www.youtube.com

"You can't solve problems with guns."
"We don't need any more restrictions in our society..."
"If maybe the gunman had some friends and family around him prior to this, this wouldn't have happened."
"I think there's always going to be random acts... but our family believes there is a lot of good people out there... If we live in a country like the United States where we're freer than anyone else, we're subject to things like this happening... and that's the price we have to pay."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This father is a strong man.. I would lose my ever loving mind if my daughter was shot in this manner.

This is tragic, but you can't blanket an entire group of people to restrict.. Or restrict weapons..

This lunatic would have killed with a knife if he couldn't get a gun.. He was completely out of his mind.

He had a occultist alter created in his back yard.. He was a broken human..

Another member made a thread relating this little girl and some soldier accused of rape.. Only because of the last name "green" Saying that this Jared Loughner meant to kill the little girl as some psych-ops BS.. I hope this member feels like a worthless POS... Because that is exactly what he is...
pathetic and disgusting.

What this family needs is compassion and respect..

What this country needs is Govt. transparency.. This alone would take allot of ammo away from these fringe lunatics that are hell bent on violence, to fight our Govts. shady ways.

I wonder how long before our Govt. is going to force us into taking our country back?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would like to shake this man's hand
A very strong hearted individual, not many like him I must say

yet

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Now that's a patriot if I've ever seen one! Acknowledging that things happen, and still wanting to embrace freedom...WOW!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow, amazing. One of the few people on this planet that you can trust it may seem.
Or he's a psychopath manipulating the moment for god knows what end. He's probably just darn brilliant though.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just heard him on AJ and was moved to tears. Great man. Knows what's up...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am not for guns at all. In fact I wish they had never been created. I am not for limiting freedoms but seriously the only reason a person ever needs a gun is to hit or kill someone else. I know most peoplewill say it is self protection but this a circular argument because if other people did not have gunes you would not need one to protect yourself.
I am not sure why people feel they need them for protection when I am a single women who lives in alone in a city with a high crime rate. I have never ONCE needed a gun.
I am all for tighter gun restrictions such as limiting the purchase of guns to people who are mentally unstable , too young or did not take a class on proper gun safety.All persons who want a gun must take a course. I mean they recquire people to take classes to be a foster parent or for some home ownership programs why not for a gun?
I am not sure how to really resolve the gun issue or people's inate tendcy towards voilence besides education. We need to educate the youth on peaceful methods of resolution. I am paficist, I fight with my words not with my fists or this case a gun.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

If only the majority of people on earth were like this man....

Nice find - keep spreading the good word

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

I am paficist, I fight with my words not with my fists or this case a gun.

And what happens when you can't use words anymore? What if the government (people with guns) takes away your freedom of speech?

What will you fight with then?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This guy is a valuable person to have in our society,too bad there are not more like him,who can unselfishly look past their own agony,and realize the cost of the freedoms we enjoy.

Freedom isn't free,everyone loses everything regardless of how many laws are written to supposedly protect our freedoms,you cannot expect insurance to cover your mistakes if you are just plain stupid.

If everyone was allowed to arm themselves,as the constitution states we have a right to,it would cause anyone thinking about going on a shooting spree to think about how many weapons would be trained on him as soon as he whipped his out.

We need to go back to the basics here,we need to rebuild our country in the image the forefathers envisioned.

We have become too much like Europe,that thing this country was founded to escape from.
edit on 10-1-2011 by chiponbothshoulders because: mis-spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All I have to say is congradulations to this strong man.

Also I will not expect to see or hear much from him on any of the television news stations after these comments.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

If you want to argue with someone,you must speak their language.

The government speaks the language of violence fluently.

Kind of a Catch-22.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

This why we have to fight with our words and minds now. It is a war on right now between the people and the government/business.
I really would like to see a more enlightened society. I wonder what it would take? Does it have to mean voilence first. I don't pretend to know all the answers. In fact most days I feel lost in this society.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

All we would have to do is live within our means,and help one another get by as best we could.

The acquisition of wealth and material things is a sickness we need to cure ourselves of.

Bring the monster down by starving it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow, this guy for President! Hells Yeah.

I like em.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

This why we have to fight with our words and minds now. It is a war on right now between the people and the government/business.

I wholeheartedly agree that non-violence is the preferred route, and that enlightenment is indeed what we really need. Violence should never be considered first. It is only justified when all other options have been exhausted, and we are under the direct threat of despotic tyranny. This is why as long as "they" have guns, we should have guns. When "they" lay theirs down, I'll be among the first to lay down mine.

If this maniac's actions were politically motivated (personally I think he's just an all-out whack job), he is a perfect example of how not to take direct action.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's very nice of him to take the time to speak out about this in his time of sorrow and try to negate those who might be using his personal tragedy toward their own goals, and who knows, maybe it will make a difference in some way. Hope so but doubt it.

edit on 1/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: of typo

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Trying to use this situation to seize on gun control does nothing but dishonor those people who died that day. His daughter died doing something she loved - Politics. For a 9 year old to take that level of intrest in politics, both in the adult world, as well as her school where she was on student council is amazing.

For the father to take the stand he has is phenominal, as most would lash out in all directions due to the situation, up to and including a demand to know how this guy got a weapon.

simply amazing..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WOW, to have your child ripped from you in such a heinous act, yet have the fortitude to stand on your principles.

WOW, I would stand with this man through hell itself.

Okay, I am going to leave now because a tear just ran down my cheek. WOW.

God Bless him.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
I wonder how long before our Govt. is going to force us into taking our country back?

Somehow, I think that's the grand plan.

The laws are already in place to deal with the people if they try. If people resort to using violence, it actually gives them more power.

I'm glad this man is not supporting his daughter's death being used against the citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join