It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Sikhs Want Religious Swords in School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Heres something I ran across today and found intresting.
Does this Sikhs really have a compromise or is he going to use religious gult to get his way while waving the blinding hand before the sheeply?
With all the kid on kid murder, kid on adult murder, kid's over medicated, and kids following suit to the TV heroes they follow everyday, how can the Sikhs surely say no harm can come to anyone??

I guess Im truely in aaaahhhhh about the mentality of folks like this...... Enjoy

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

wait, so there is no actual blade?

The principal initially allowed the child to keep the sword but the Plymouth-Canton School District later determined the religious symbol resembled a weapon and was officially banned.

resembled? if it has a blade, then i guess it actually would be a weapon, but based on the choice of words it sounds like we're talking about something only meant to 'look' like a sword in a sheath?
edit on 1/7/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Everyones confused as sh*t, there is no sword, or blade or dangerous item involved in this object the sikh wants to keep, its simply a respectful garment worn UNDER the 3 layers of shirts required to be worn if this piece is present, covered in a wooden shell, and wrapped in a silk orange fabric,

every institutions wasting their time,
edit on 7-1-2011 by ac647 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So a toy gun is ok, it only looks like a gun???? NO means NO from what Ive been told.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Actually, yeah, a toy gun is okay unless your child's school is run by morons who have gone crazy with this zero tolerance crap. As long as there's no blade, I see absolutely zero harm in it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

When I see kids getting kicked out of school for less, then I question the right of this man to hold children of this religion above other children, thats the point in this. And no its not ok to take toy guns, knives, army men or anything related to violence to schools in my area.

new topics

top topics

join