It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift happening now! Main Stream Media Finally Agrees *video*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yep.

That's what I said.

post by soficrow

... Actually, TPTB have been dealing with this for the past few decades without telling us. But older titles are still in question...

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: add quote

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
"nerd comment" Seriously how do these people get jobs

They make the shift sound like a big "NERD" joke.

Its sad. The truth is the nerds of today will be the heroes of tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Something to do with things?

You decide.........................................

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

These fictions - about pole shifts, the earth's geophysical instability, climate change - were maintained despite evidence and logic to the contrary. In part, our politicians did not want to go up against Christians and question the Bible - so they avoided the issues, and the expense of re-writing the textbooks. More importantly though, "The Western PTB" are driven by the fear that change and truth can only result in panic, anarchy, nihilism and riots in the streets.

And that right there is why many of us have issues with religion.
These two entities ALONE (government and religion) control everything on this planet.

The sooner you see this the sooner you might have some hope at figuring out what's really going on yourself because trust me, you are NOT getting the truth.

Now whether the 'truth' is known (and being withheld) is controversial so we have no choice but to go about this backwards. We must get rid of all the BS that religion and governments (media) peddle out and see what we have left over to work with.

Pay attention to nature especially anything artificial (chemtrails...HAARP) ........within and around it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
My local news is reporting on this now, too.

In the Arkansas thread, and a couple others about birds falling and fish dying, I was the 1st to "theorize" about the earths magnetism and the Pole Shift was causing this but I received no stars and no comments. I think there was someone who also flamed me for my magnetic and pole shift ideas.

I also included that birds and fish have a built in compass and I didn't get any stars. When that Chinese article came out that scientists think it's being caused by the magnetics and they also said that birds / fish had a built in compass, I thought, ok, maybe now people will take my comments seriously, but nope. Too many concerned with presenting their own ideas, or 2nd hand ideas, as well as flaming others for theirs.

OneNationUnder, you may be right about the changes in the earth's magnetism affecting the birds -- and maybe even the fish & crabs. Gave you a star to let you know your post was read here -- by at least one person.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human_Alien, thanks for this video on the heat venting from cracks in Birch Creek, MI. This is REALLY scary.

I remember reading an OP on these cracks in MI a few weeks ago -- I didn't think too much about it at the time -- many things can cause cracks in the earth. But this is different. When you're talking about heat emanating from these cracks, it's a sign of, not just seismic activity, but volcanic. Think Yellowstone.

Creepy and potentially dangerous. Are there hot springs in this area?

I'm pulling out my Gordon Michael Scallion map of the future US.

Human_Alien, you're in Florida?

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

These fictions - about pole shifts, the earth's geophysical instability, climate change - were maintained despite evidence and logic to the contrary. In part, our politicians did not want to go up against Christians and question the Bible - so they avoided the issues, and the expense of re-writing the textbooks. More importantly though, "The Western PTB" are driven by the fear that change and truth can only result in panic, anarchy, nihilism and riots in the streets.

And that right there is why many of us have issues with religion.
These two entities ALONE (government and religion) control everything on this planet.

You need to maybe start with some basics about the Federal Reserve, then a quick history of the Bank for International Settlements, move on to corporate structures and monopolies, cap it with a quick overview of post-NAFTA international free trade agreements - and then get back to me.

Methinks you're mis-identifying the power tools as the power source.

The sooner you see this the sooner you might have some hope at figuring out what's really going on yourself because trust me, you are NOT getting the truth.

Really? Do tell. ...Really, I mean it - tell me what truths I'm not getting, and explain to me exactly how it all works. I promise I'll listen. ...Reading some of my threads might help you to determine the precise points of my ignorance - just click on my name above my avatar, then on the 'threads' area. ...You might want to go back to my earlier threads, say 2003 - 2006, to get an accurate sense of my unique weaknesses.

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: tinkered

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow! That is a fantastic video, thank you for posting! I'm no geologist but tree's tipping over and that huge crack certainly doesn't ring normal with me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
It's not a conspiracy any more
This subject has been scoffed at and denied by the skeptics for as long as I can remember, now that the "sheep" are on board this will finally be accepted as truth..

Actually, magnetic pole shift is an accepted phenonemon and has happened many times in the Earth's history. Not quite sure why you believe it was ever denied, scoffed at or a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This subject has been scoffed at and denied by the skeptics for as long as I can remember, now that the "sheep" are on board this will finally be accepted as truth..

Actually, magnetic pole shift is an accepted phenonemon and has happened many times in the Earth's history. Not quite sure why you believe it was ever denied, scoffed at or a conspiracy.

You're both right. ...It's quite true, proven, AND (still) scoffed at and denied.

...I tried to document a bit of the 'denial' history here, to help explain why so many people are on such different pages... Not great, but it's a start.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

You're both right. ...It's quite true, proven, AND (still) scoffed at and denied.

...I tried to document a bit of the 'denial' history here, to help explain why so many people are on such different pages... Not great, but it's a start.

Thanks a million, you saved me hours of research

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Rely? Because, funnily enough, I was watching something on Discovery last night with scores of JPL, NASA, MIT and other boffin-bank scientists all in agreement about it. The only thing they scoff at is the idea that the earths crust would displace, not the magnetic poles.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just posted a thread featuring an article that I found on the EU Times. Here's an excerpt:

A grim report prepared by Russia’s Ministry for Extraordinary Situations (MCHS) is warning today that our world is currently “under attack” from “poisonous space clouds” penetrating our planets upper atmosphere due to the “accelerated movement” of the Earth’s magnetic poles and are responsible for the many reports of mass animal deaths being reported all around the globe.
In our previous report, Pole Shift Blamed For Russian Air Disaster, Closure Of US Airport, we had detailed how the shifting of our planets poles were wreaking havoc on planes having to adjust their air-fuel mixtures to compensate for distorted altitude readings in their computer avionic systems, and now this new MCHS report warns the situation is getting even worse.
According to this report, the rapid shifting of our planets poles is allowing the normal streams of solar wind that buffet Earth’s magnetic field to enter into our lower atmosphere at nearly 700 kilometers per second carrying with them parts of the deadly space clouds that have “mysteriously” been appearing in greater numbers around the globe these past few years.
The name given to these deadly space clouds by Western scientists are Noctilucent Clouds (NLC’s) [photo 2] and are described as tenuous cloud-like phenomena that are the “ragged-edge” of a much brighter and pervasive polar cloud layer called polar mesospheric clouds in the upper atmosphere, visible in a deep twilight.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have to admit that this really gets me thinking. I am not usually one to give much credence beyond a momentary interest to prophecies and such; I do believe anything is possible however. The whole pole shift and resulting auroras all over the world because of its possible movement during this time sounds very similar to the description given in the following thread . . . doesn't it? The lights in the sky . . . how many other prophecies, legends, and scriptures would these traveling auroras fit?

A confession. Guilt makes me post this

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Ah yes, EU Times, a known mouthpeice for the notorious hoaxter Soocha Faal. You've lost all credibility there mate using that as a source.

Noctilucent clouds aren't clouds of deadly gas and the aren't the result of the weakening magnetic field. If/when the field does weaken, however, this will allow more charged particles to enter the upper atmosphere, which can strip off or damage the ozone layer, leading to an increase in surface UV levels. Not deadly clouds for crying out loud...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ah yes, EU Times, a known mouthpeice for the notorious hoaxter Soocha Faal. You've lost all credibility there mate using that as a source.

Noctilucent clouds aren't clouds of deadly gas and the aren't the result of the weakening magnetic field. If/when the field does weaken, however, this will allow more charged particles to enter the upper atmosphere, which can strip off or damage the ozone layer, leading to an increase in surface UV levels. Not deadly clouds for crying out loud...

My apologies, I have just learned who Soocha Faal is. I guess I was so elated to have found evidence that supports my theory, I failed to do the research. EU Times has posted some great, credible articles in the past so I didn't second guess it. It won't happen again.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not sure what your problem is. ...?

I said:

Meaning, yes, the magnetic poles DO shift - true and proven. ...The fact that at least half the world is not au courant with the science also means that that the idea is (still) scoffed at and denied. ...and I posted this link to try and help explain why so many people are on so many different pages.

...?

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: to add

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Don't have a problem, I just don't believe that the idea is scoffed at. Everyone I know is aware the magnetic poles move, we were all taught it at school and, for me anyway, that was 15 years ago.

Maybe that's different where you're at, I don't know, but like a poster said earlier in the thread when he was at school in the 60's apparently there was only 1 Ice Age and the rivers and oceans had been the same since time began, so goes to show that education systems differ.

I am pretty sure though that even in the 60's, at least in the UK, people knew about erosion, plate techtonics and that there was more than on Ice Age.... Then again, if that poster is American, that's coming from a country that teaches Creationism as science in the 21st Century!!

We've all done it! Soocha has got me more than once before I was "educated", quite harshly in fact.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I just don't believe that the idea is scoffed at. ...we were all taught it at school and, for me anyway, that was 15 years ago.

I was outlining the past 40 year history of denial, not 15 years, and several stages of disclosure - I also stipulated that the main (public) disclosure came in the 1970's following an International Geophysical Conference (in North America). Deny history, and the importance of it, at your own peril. ...Learn a bit about the history of this issue, and what was commonly revealed to, and hidden from, ordinary people, and much else will be illuminated too.

...You've been on ATS long enough to know that what's "common knowledge" in any given location, age-group or cultural sub-group is NOT "common knowledge" in others. For a huge variety of reasons. Why else might it be necessary to "Deny Ignorance"? Or debunk the "Denial Industry"?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You say you learned that in school in the 1990's. Interesting.

It's news to most other people.

From December 15, 2005:

New research shows the pole moving at rapid clip—25 miles (40 kilometers) a year.

"The movement of the pole definitely appears to be accelerating,"...

From December 24, 2009:

Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core, new research says.

True, scientists and authorities are starting to back-pedal rather furiously. Recently released info shows that the North Pole's speed of movement increased from about 9 miles per year to 40 miles per year somewhere between 1994 and 2000.

The National Geomagnetic Program of Geological Survey of Canada monitors the movement of the north magnetic pole and most recently determined its precise location in 1994. They've determined that the pole is moving at approximately 9 miles (15 kilometers) each year.

The North Magnetic Pole moves slowly over time due to magnetic changes in the Earth's core. In 2001, it was determined by the Geological Survey of Canada to lie near Ellesmere Island in northern Canada at 81.3°N 110.8°W. It was estimated to be at 82.7°N 114.4°W in 2005. In 2009, it was moving toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 km) per year.

This changes what was being taught in schools, but most countries' educational systems have still not updated their curriculum...

For example, a current Fact Sheet from the Government of Australia says both pole positions wander up to 10 km per year (NOT 40 miles per year).

The north magnetic pole is currently situated near Bathurst Island in northern Canada, about 1600 km from the North Pole. The south magnetic pole is near the Adélie Coast on the continent of Antarctica, about 2600 km from the South Pole. Both pole positions can wander up to 10 km per year.

Source: Government of Australia, worsleyschool.net, Fact Sheet #8: Magnetism on Earth

Some educators and PR people are trying to say, "Oh yeah, but it's been going on for a while," like the National Earth Science Teachers Association of America:

As of 2005, the North Magnetic Pole was located in the Arctic Ocean north of Canada about 810 km (503 miles) from the Geographic North Pole. The South Magnetic Pole was just off the coast of Antarctica, in the direction of Australia, about 2,826 km (1,756 miles) from the Geographic South Pole.

During the first part of the 20th century, the North Magnetic Pole moved an average of about 9 km (5.6 miles) per year. Around 1970 it speeded up dramatically, and has been moving about 41 km (25 miles) per year in recent years. [tsk]

Earth's Magnetic Poles, Last modified August 22, 2007

Are authorities re-writing history right now? Changing the "last modified" dates as we speak? Releasing a bit of information at a time, when they can't avoid it? ...Not sure. But I do know the story keeps changing - which tells me we're all out of the loop, and relying on liars for our "facts."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join