It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Do NOT Trust The Government!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"I trust my family & friends and that's about it".

I usually give the benefit of the doubt, but it seems my life lessons seem to fall in to the category of "trust". I have worked in places where personal items were stolen, I have been robbed twice at gunpoint and almost carjacked (I threw the keys on the roof). I guess a part of my problems could be my environment, but that's another thread for another time.

The encounters with robbery both started as being approached about information. One time the gentleman was asking if I knew what time it was as he was approaching. Another time this guy was asking if I had seen his lost dog and wanted to show me a picture. Even as I explained that i hadn't seen a dog at all he rapidly approached and BAMMMMM.

Naturally, my trust issues are part of my adult personality at this point, but after learning some simple truths which are not so hidden anymore, I have learned about myself that, "I Do NOT Trust The Government.. At all". No duh!! (I can hear most of you now). With the political environment we live in today, I feel that my position could be skewed, slanted or twisted into calling me a terrorist. So be it, I guess.

I have never met a member of congress, I have never had any voluntary relationship with my government in which trust would or could be earned. So why is it so crazy to "not trust the government". They don't know me and I don't know them. Therefore I do not trust them with ANYTHING.

Some simple truths built on lies and plain trickery:
The Federal Reserve
Gulf Of Tonkin
Nancy Pelosi on the health care bill:

"We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"

Income Tax Scam

And so on and so on. I'm sure many of you can post a reply with an incident of government lying and deceiving and I encourage you do so. Am I a terrorist for this?! Funny, cause I feel like a patriot.
Thanks
edit on 7-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think only an idiot would blindly trust the government. In my opinion trust is earned, and to say that they have not earned it from me is the understatement of the century.

Case in point - I recieved a ticket in the mail from an area my husband and I have never been. It was a speeding ticket and a parking ticket. Same vehicle model, same name, different VIN number, different tag number.

I call to inform them of this mistake. Hours on hold with no apologies and a simple "we will look into it".

A few months go by and I falsely assume it has been taken care of since I recieved no other notices.

Tax time comes. And I find my checking account has been levied and my small refundhas been held hostage.

Needless to say, it took almost a full year to get my 30.00 refund back and several weeks for them to release my checking account.

I DO NOT trust anybody that can take what they want at will. Big government, small government... it's all the same. They do what they want when they want to do it.

No explanations. No apologies. IMO you are smart to be suspicious.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There was a joke awhile back. I think it was around the 80's. Trust me is Swedish for # or something like that.

Well, trust is a very easy thing to lose and almost impossible to re earn. The government can re earn my trust. Eliminate all individual property taxation and theft.

That is what it will take. Until then, I will not even give the government the time of day, let alone the sweat of my brow.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah, they're pretty scandalous indeed. I was in a car wreck and it was the other guys fault. I had many witnesses but the other guy had a friend of the family who was a cop and he was called onto the case and HE got to write the report and as such, I was turned down from my insurance provider and haven't had a car since. I hate the system. Although, if I could sell my soul to join them, I would.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The problem with the masses is they trust one party, and not the other. If they distrusted the government in general, they could see that they shouldn't trust either party.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
The problem with the masses is they trust one party, and not the other. If they distrusted the government in general, they could see that they shouldn't trust either party.

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
S&F

when my grandma died somebody told me to call S.S. they're supposed to give you assistance to help pay funeral expenses. so I did :

'social security how can i help you'
'ahh/sniff yeah I'm calling to let you know my grandma passed away, and I...' [it was a couple hrs previous]
[interrupts] i'm sorry may i have her SS#?'
oh its xxx-xx-xxxx... i wanted to ask...
[interrupts] thank you, we've closed her account. have a nice...
' woah- ho wait! i was told your supposed to give me assistance to help pay funeral expenses.
'No, sorry, we don't do that anymore' [hangs up]

about a year later i read somewhere that they were pilfering that money this was during the last year of bush's admin

the twisted ones are more shameless with each passing moment.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Am I a terrorist for this?! Funny, cause I feel like a patriot.

Once the hemp has been grown and made into rope, we'll make sure you're one of the first to kick out a chair and watch one of the criminals swing. You're only considered a terrorist to the terrorists. To the rest of us you're considered a patriot!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's ridiculous. Makes you wonder what they do with all the social security they collect from the many folks that die before they draw a check doesn't it? Always finding a way not to pay...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well placed suspicion for the win. just remember, the information age is still in its infacy. if we can keep it clean and uncorrupted long enough not everyone will be a walking mcdonalds fueled work machine. sounds like im not doing a federal tax return anymore... after building up anti-bs-money

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OP when I read the title its like you said, I thought, Well DUH! I haven't trusted our government for about three decades now and as each day passes I trust them even less. They are nothing but tyrannical now and they need us Patriots to finally stand up to them and say enough is enough. And I believe the tidal wave is coming in 2011. Thats my opinion of course. The people are very unhappy and something has to give somewhere....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

never have and never will fellow gen-x-man.
as for the internet:

Obama to hand Commerce Dept. authority over cybersecurity ID
edit on 7-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's ridiculous. Makes you wonder what they do with all the social security they collect from the many folks that die before they draw a check doesn't it? Always finding a way not to pay...

same thing(s) they do with the proceeds from the $100.00 toilet seats and their Drug money

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
OP when I read the title its like you said, I thought, Well DUH! I haven't trusted our government for about three decades now and as each day passes I trust them even less. They are nothing but tyrannical now and they need us Patriots to finally stand up to them and say enough is enough. And I believe the tidal wave is coming in 2011. Thats my opinion of course. The people are very unhappy and something has to give somewhere....

Thanks for all the stories and responses. Kennylee, the general consensus on this forum I would expect would be Duhhhh". Glad I have like minded people on here to discuss with.

At work a few weeks ago I was talking with some co-workers and political talk came up. As the conversation was ending I had said something like, "I don't trust the government as far as i could throw them". Something like that. Anyway, a few coworkers looked at me like I was crazy or like some nut case. It was really weird. I am not kidding when I say that the 2 who were most bewildered have noticeably ignored or avoided me since, and a closer co-worker said that my political views deeply bothered them. What a bunch of dicks. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
legal vs lawfull u think u dont trust the gov?? find out the difference between legal and lawfull... youll wanna change ur nationality...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublikOUTLAW
legal vs lawfull u think u dont trust the gov?? find out the difference between legal and lawfull... youll wanna change ur nationality...

Can you cite some examples to share please.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by kennylee

Thanks for all the stories and responses. Kennylee, the general consensus on this forum I would expect would be Duhhhh". Glad I have like minded people on here to discuss with.

At work a few weeks ago I was talking with some co-workers and political talk came up. As the conversation was ending I had said something like, "I don't trust the government as far as i could throw them". Something like that. Anyway, a few coworkers looked at me like I was crazy or like some nut case. It was really weird. I am not kidding when I say that the 2 who were most bewildered have noticeably ignored or avoided me since, and a closer co-worker said that my political views deeply bothered them. What a bunch of dicks. Seriously.

very dangerous dicks who may try to screw you by denouncing you.
watch your back pard.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
very dangerous dicks who may try to screw you by denouncing you.
watch your back pard.

Yeah, I hear you. I have decide to keep my mouth shut at work about politics.
Pathetic that I should have to.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't know anyone that trusts the government.

Just a decade or so ago, you would likely be considered insane, if not completely, then at least partially by the average joe for not trusting in the government. Today, it's common knowledge... It's amazing how everyone knows how corrupt the government is, yet they rally behind them when "their country needs them". Shouldn't it be obvious that our country wants you, instead of needs you? Hell, even Uncle Sam admits it.

Which brings me to warfare. Any country that engages in warfare should not be trusted, as they are unfit to govern. Murder in the name of pride, patriotism, and defense does not make it right. I find it amazing how much time we spend trying to kill people, when what we should really be doing is trying to figure how to stop people from being killed. Clearly, this endless cycle of world war will coupled with our technological progress will end in the bleakest of scenarios if we allow this foolishness to continue. Mass death. Perhaps that is why god made living beings territorial. So apocalyptic warfare among developing civilizations would be highly unlikely to engulf the whole planet, as quarrels would be limited to specific portions of land.
edit on 7-1-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I don't know anyone that trusts the government. Just a decade or so ago, you would likely be considered insane, if not completely, then at least partially by the average joe for not trusting in the government. Today, it's common knowledge... It's amazing how everyone knows how corrupt the government is, yet they rally behind them when "their country needs them". Shouldn't it be obvious that our country wants you, instead of needs you? Hell, even Uncle Sam admits it.

Amen bro!
like a Stockholm/battered wife syndrome
that's how it is when you you live in fear

an extreme example:
I happen to know a few vendors of elixirs
always scared of the man
then get out of the business I'm thinking
but don't even let it show on your face
cause they'll get angry
at you.
sigh

<<   2 >>