It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Require passkey for ATS? Are we doing the work for them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Let me write this with a clear understanding that there are no pretty pictures or mentions of aliens and the links I do post will more than likely not give a real answer - yet I'm proposing a question to you that I find rather odd.

The question is this:
Are we following the news or is the news following us? Maybe that could be better said with an example of - the dying birds. Now fish. etc, etc. I heard it of ATS on 1/3/11... that same night on Coast to Coast AM they were talking about it. Soon after CNN had mentions of Arkansas... then it quickly shifts to Maryland.

Some people argue that the media is reporting on these events yet "they happen all the time" others are saying this is crazy - predictions are flying with "Bird Flu, come get your medicine!" etc.

Let's pretend I work for a news channel. A few days ago the Top Member Pick for ATS was a simple post with 8 or so links to mass-die-offs around the world. The reporter could just come into ATS, find that link - and report it (Maybe make a pretty little map and put stars by the places where this is happening) ..... You can substitute news reporter with "TPTB" --- because we reach so many people now - we've become aware.

They construct a cover story, make Political placating (The 112th House) the top story and life goes on...

Don't know what I am trying to say except I think ATS is doing all the work - or rather, the people who make those great threads are - and the people who reply. (I'm the type of person who actually reads every reply... a lot of fun to get everyones perspective)

Could ATS require a passkey? Could there be some sort of password? Are we doing all the work for "them?"

"Let's see what they have figured today..." (www.abovetopsecret.com)... "Hmm, we need to do something about this."

... I'm not paranoid?

Just... thoughts....

- Diluted (Jack)
EFneT

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

as long as people keep sourcing news, and talking about common everyday things, then your gonna have the same stories carried by all sorts of outlets.. ats, fox, coast to coast.. possibly rush.. it just happens.. conspiracy is mainstream

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally I don't see ATS as being the story generator here. Slashdot and Drudge regularly have some of the same stories within minutes of ATS and in some cases, much more comprehensively. Don't get me wrong. ATS is certainly at the 'breaking edge' of many stories. It's just that ATS is certainl;y not the only one on top of new stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The media doesn't work like that. At all.

Journalists work for companies. Media companies. Media companies need to generate traffic to make money. There are thousands of possible stories any single day. No human can sort through them all very well. They tend to play follow the leader - the leader being the most "respected" news sources, or the fastest. And they also play to what is popular - J-Lo, football, UFOs, whatever people are interested in. The major ones also put in the official line too, as needed. But people like Olbermann, Maddow, Beck, Jon Stewart, are far too busy to sit here and read ATS.

It is a business. It is not an elaborate charade designed to tease us.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In the past few weeks since I have become active on ATS I have noticed a number of stories here first and even lagging by several days on other news sources.

The big names in news don't work alone but have a staff that does have time to read ATS and search out other sources. Not all news is fit to print but if you have limited time and space then you want what interests the people. Looking over ATS is one way to see what news "plays", what is popular and what is not. ATS readers bring up a number of interesting questions that if the big news names follow-up on they can deliver a great story.

Very likely this is one of the places being watched for where there is interest and what questions need to be answered.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've been thinking for a while now that Jesse Ventura must come here for the material he uses on his show, but I'm only guessing. Watched a few of them so far and it makes me grind my teeth.

No doubt lots of other producers have their noses to ATS pages looking for stuff to discuss.

join