It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Magnetic Pole Shift - around the world in 1275 Years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone, According to NASA, The North Magnetic pole shifts at least 10kms a year, which has speed up to 40kms a year now...

www.nasa.gov...

geography.about.com...

According to this site, the earth's diameter is 12,756 Kms along the equator.
If the north poles move 10kms a year, technically it would take 1275.6 years for the pole to do a whole rotation around the earth.

Now I'm wondering does this mean the polar ice cap would move too? and if it does, does this mean that the path that the pole moves along, would freeze over time?

This planet has been around for millions,billions of years, that means the north pole must have circulated the earth at LEAST once.

Do anyone think this is a possibility?
edit on 6-1-2011 by Awarenessiskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
what they are refering to is the "magnetic north pole" wich is the piont where the earths magnetic field pionts downwards and yes it moves every year, that is not to be confused with the "geographic north pole" so no the ice doesn't move with it.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i believe that there is geological evidence that says a pole shift happens every 13000 years, and we are at the end of the big 26,000 year cycle....will look for a link....[jeopardy theme plays]

i could have sworn i saw that somewhere...but a quick search revealed nothing to support, so i am wrong

sorry
edit on 6-1-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

join