It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused Of Grabbing Boy, Stealing Socks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The news just blows my mind sometimes, on one hand, we have war, missing wmd's, bird flu, mad cow, wierd weather, financial scandals, murders, rapes and now we have a "sock thief"........ahhhhhh!!!

Sock Thief Story
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A man accused of grabbing a 9-year-old boy, carrying him behind a Kroger store and stealing his socks has been arrested on kidnapping and robbery charges.

Maurice C. Teague told officers he has more than 500 pairs of children's socks.

Investigating officers said they couldn't confirm the number but said they found "a lot" of socks at Teague's home, police spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio said on Tuesday.

Police said Teague, 28, accosted the boy Friday evening and dropped a piece of identification as he fled. They arrested him at his home on Sunday, Mercurio said. He's jailed on $75,000 bond.

"It's odd, obviously - someone going after little boys' socks," Detective Guy Patete said.

Police said the child was on his way home from the grocery around 6:30 p.m. when Teague asked to buy his socks for $5. The boy refused again when Teague offered him $10, and Teague picked him up, ran behind the store and pulled the boy's shoes and socks off his feet.

all i can say is, this guy has serious pyschological problems, i hope they do an thorough investigation on him, hopefully he's isn't a pedophile and he got caught before his obession went too far.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've read a lot of those FBI Profiling books because it fascinates me, and this guy sounds like someone who would eventually no longer be satisfied with stealing a child's socks and would move up to bigger things. They talked about guys who are peeping toms... then turn into sneak thieves and doing panty raid type stuff... then finally accosting a woman. This guy sounds like a big problem waiting to happen to someone's child. I sure hope they take it seriously and don't just write him off as an oddball.

join