It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it an animal apocalypse? Here are the facts and theories about recent mass die-offs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Is it an animal apocalypse? Here are the facts and theories about recent mass die-offs

w ww.news.com.au

HE recent spate of mass animal deaths around the world is sparking conspiracy theories and doomsday predictions on the web.

From the US to New Zealand, from Britain to Brazil, bizarre cases of birds, fish and crabs turning up dead en masse have been reported in the past two weeks and no one seems to know why.

Not that it’s stopping residents of the internet from having a red hot go.

One example is from conspiracy theorists Joseph Watson and Alex Jones of prisonplanet.com who blame it on "the government". According to the site authorities have “routinely engaged in secret testing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Where: Beebe, a community of 5000, northeast of Little Rock.

What: New Year's revellers in a small town noticed something other than fireworks falling from the sky as up to 5000 red-winged blackbirds rained out of the darkness onto rooftops and footpaths and into fields.

One struck a woman walking her dog. Another hit a police cruiser.

Birds were "littering the streets, the yards, the driveways, everywhere," said Robby King, a county wildlife officer.

"It was hard to drive down the street in some places without running over them."

How: "They died from massive trauma," said Game and Fish Commission spokesman Keith Stephens, citing a report from the state poultry lab where the birds were examined.
Some speculated that a bout of bad weather was to blame. Others said one confused bird could have led the group in a fatal plunge. A few spooked schoolkids even guessed that the birds had committed mass suicide.

Beebe police captain Eddie Cullum said "For all the doomsdayers, that was definitely the end of the world."

These explanations dont mean any thing, its still troubling that for example an illness can kill off one WHOLE specie of fish? Also they said a mass bird suicide and then they are saying that the net is full of odd conspiracy theories. Just an MSM cover up they have no idea at all and these stories make no sense and are less believable then some of the more extreme stories we have heard on ATS even lol

w ww.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/1/11 by argentus because: add ex tags, shortened huge quote

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I would not call it an apocalypse. But it is certainly becoming harder to ignore the multitude of such events over a short span of time in seemingly unrelated locations.

I do believe it to be a sign. Not a sign of God(s), but a sign of our collective home (the Earth) calling us to wisen up. We will se an increase in this sort of 'strange' events, due to the human nature of not acknowloging the obvious because if does not suit well with what we were taught to believe.

The question is, can the human species take decisisve collective action and save themselves from themselves? Or will it persist in bickering, pointless accusations and deep rooted ignorance until it is too late?...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
each incident is most likely a unique circumstance of either cold water for the fish or crabs.
or perhaps the outgassing of toxic/noxious gasses from the Earths crust.

the same goes with the bird kills... a very likelyhood the flock traveled thyrough a cloud of
toxic/noxious gas, released from a variety of sources.

but there is one method that has not yet appeared in any theories i've heard yet...
Are you aware of the phenomena called 'micro-bursts'

Microburst - What is a Microburst
Microbursts are quick-hitting events and are extremely dangerous to aviation. Microbursts are sub-classified as dry or wet microbursts, depending on how much rain ...
phoenix.about.com/cs/weather/g/microburst.htm - Cached

microburst: Definition from Answers.com
n. A sudden, violent downdraft of air over a small area. Microbursts are difficult to detect and predict with standard weather instruments and are especially ...
www.answers.com/topic/microburst - Cached

Microbursts
Description. Microbursts are strong winds concentrated in an area less than 4 km in diameter, beneath a convective downdraft, usually associated with a cumulonimbus cloud.
www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap08/microburst.html - Cached

Microbursts, or sudden and violent downdrafts, could be one answer to a flock of birds getting
slammed into the ground or even slammed into one another up in the atmosphere and then
having gravity pulling them to the ground,

There might even be tendrils of the 200mph jet-stream that reach down to lower altitudes
and might instantly freeze the flock in as few as 10-15 seconds in the supercold air vortex.
All this might happen in clear skies, making the incident seem even more eerie & unnatural

the bottom line....i take a stance that UFOs or UN Agenda 21 ~or whatever~, even HAARP
are not the reason for these 'kills'... the reasons are Natural but rare is my position.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
S+F

Just to add:

Dozens of dead birds have been found lying in a residential street in Sweden, days after thousands of birds fell to their deaths in the US.

Link: Mysterious bird deaths hit Sweden

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Your right, they are not explanations.. take this one on the South Eastern Coast of England

Where: Thanet, Kent, England

What: 40,000 dead velvet swimming crabs, or “devil crabs” washed up on Thanet beaches. Tony Childs, Thanet Coast Project Manager, told the Daily Mail: “We had a crash in numbers last year and we hadn't expected such a large population.

“As happens with the circle of life in nature, we expect the crabs to be naturally dispersed from our shores very quickly by our local seagulls.”

How: The cold weather in Britain has been blamed for the deaths. "We are hopeful the crab population will soon recover," said Mr Childs.
The Daily Mail reported that the mass crab deaths made up 95 per cent of marine life affected by the cold snap.

Well that is a load of old tosh, the waters around the area are still within seasonal average..

Besides this species of crab it is found ranging downwards from the waters of Southern Norway.. so finding them dead in vast numbers in a warmer part of the waters they inhabit is rather intriguing..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reminded me of a article i read the other day about the project in Antarctica where they are experimenting with the small particles that apparently move so fast it can travel through solid mass, i remember reading that they said Antarctica was best place to carry out this project since the ice is the purest and contains no radiation that can influence the experiment. Some where on news24.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Having "lurked" about for I dont know how long, this is the first time I have felt compelled to physically respond or contribute to a thread.

I just cant accept that these events are not related, I just cant accept the slightly patronising official reporting (fireworks?...).

My business partner is one of the biggest sceptics I have ever met and even he mentioned that he thought that the official reporting was absoloutely rubbish and there was very obviously something really strange going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As a species we are to ensure our survival.
Just because we're so successful, and more intelligent does not mean we have to look after animals.

All we are here to do is to survive, and adapt to our environment...which humans happen to do better than any other species on the planet.

I do respect wild life though, but I dislike when people act like we were put here to protect other wild life.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
As a species we are to ensure our survival.
Just because we're so successful, and more intelligent does not mean we have to look after animals.

All we are here to do is to survive, and adapt to our environment...which humans happen to do better than any other species on the planet.

I do respect wild life though, but I dislike when people act like we were put here to protect other wild life.

It's called ecosystem.

Try to kill all the wild life, by association plants, and see what you have left to eat. Soylent green.

But each to it's own, I would hate to live on something like Giedi Prime, much preffering Caladan for example.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Your right, they are not explanations.. take this one on the South Eastern Coast of England

Where: Thanet, Kent, England

What: 40,000 dead velvet swimming crabs, or “devil crabs” washed up on Thanet beaches. Tony Childs, Thanet Coast Project Manager, told the Daily Mail: “We had a crash in numbers last year and we hadn't expected such a large population.

“As happens with the circle of life in nature, we expect the crabs to be naturally dispersed from our shores very quickly by our local seagulls.”

How: The cold weather in Britain has been blamed for the deaths. "We are hopeful the crab population will soon recover," said Mr Childs.
The Daily Mail reported that the mass crab deaths made up 95 per cent of marine life affected by the cold snap.

Well that is a load of old tosh, the waters around the area are still within seasonal average..

Besides this species of crab it is found ranging downwards from the waters of Southern Norway.. so finding them dead in vast numbers in a warmer part of the waters they inhabit is rather intriguing..

I am from up the road to where the crabs have been washed up, the same thing happened last year and that was a very cold winter although it got cold later last year. I wonder if there may be a link to all the container ships that you see parked off Margate. They wait there for the tide to change ( i think). Could it be possible they are discharging waste while they are sitting there?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
HEADS UP !! Jeremy Vine will be discussing the bird deaths at 1.30 pm GMT on BBC radio 2 TODAY www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Container ships dumping their waste, that certainly could be it.. but the line that it is too cold is a little to much for me as this year has been more traditional weather wise, which in turn has been a real boon for native species..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Assuming your theory of Micro Blast is plausable, lets look with a broader mind here, according to your theory micro blast is probable cause, ok so then answer this question, did thismicro blast happen across to all the states and countries affected? Did the Micro Blast, kill the fish and crabs?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Bad form to you. It is us humans distroying the wildlife. ANd hey without them we have no food we need them for various reasons. Bad form to you

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My 2 cents?
Just odd coincidences.
or
Pollution
or
The aggressive weather we've been having (el Nino et al)
and
Just a parting thought. . . . . do animals have "doom" sex?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Right, just to amuse the Biblical-Appocolyspe nutters out there
The Sixth Seal of Revelations has been broken - Blood Red Moon/Black Sun/Quakes, the greatest hits

And then BAM!
Birds, Fish, Crabs - All suddenly dropping dead in their thousands within various parts of the world and with NO solid explanation as to why it's happening, despite the popularity of this story! (surely scientists have looked into it, but nope, nothing)

OooOOoo! End times !

Haha
(Sarcam)

Well, I still believe there must be a solid and logically explanation to all of this.
As for the Sixth Seal Of Relevation? Pretty awesome footage to watch, but I'm majorly sceptical.
Even so, with the random mass animal deaths, it is pretty intriguing to be fair. But, I'm going to wait it out and see if someone, somewhere concludes this whole story with a perfectly sane explanation. If not, then I'll stand confused and not so sceptical. The story is weird, I'll say that much.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's happened here in the UK before in March last year

www.theinsider.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

It's happened earlier than that too, just forgot when/where. Also, all mass death stories have been looked into AGAIN recently in UK news, because they are THAT baffled. Hence, their theories (and they are just that- theories) keep changing, to the point where I think one ITN correspondant gave up trying to come to a theory and stalled at one thought; that this is all really weird lmao
He really did not have the will to even try and come up with a reason to why he thinks it's happening.

I'd back all this up, however, I'm hungry and want some food ASAP
and some booze

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What I suspected to happen did.............
After the 2nd animal death story came out, I thought, I bet with how tied in we are with everybody on the planet through the internet, we will get a bunch of these group animal deaths.

I can't draw any conclusions about causes of course, other than the internet is a global air raid system. I think that is a good thing and it works. My opinion is that the animal occurrences are not that unusual but being able to get a global snapshot like this is awesome and I suspect that if we had this ability over the past 100 yrs or more, we would have seen similar occurrences or even worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join