It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When TSHTF, who should we arm first: homeless or prisoners?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Or some other group?

(Yes, this is a bit tongue in cheek.)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i am for the homeless, easier to get/ find, less likely to use it on you and willing to fight for what is right.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm going to go with neither.

If you are homeless when TSHTF, you will probably already have the survival skill set needed to survive.

If you are in prison when TSHTF you are in big trouble. If you are a minor offender, they might set you free, really bad individuals will be executed.

Anyone who has guns when TSHTF is not going to go around giving their weapons to bums and thugs.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Family, friends, and nieghbors but not without some serious scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Myself.
Period.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
why do you guys need weapons when tshtf ?

(god damned western paradigm)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm ready for it to just happen already. I got stuff buried all over the states. Lets get this show on the road so the survivors (if any) can rebuild and make things right.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
why do you guys need weapons when tshtf ?

To keep away all those with the
mentality of

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When TSHTF, let every human be armed regardless of whatever differences. We are all one race, and when TSHTF, it would mean the end of us all anyway. Let every human have a fighting chance, or we are no better than the beasts that seek to conquer us.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

let 's agree that paradigm builds mentalities

if tshtf, well paradigm change, so mentalities change

so what about we just work together to make something nice this time instead of just thinking about fighting each other

i know in places like india people won't be fighting each other for survival, they'll be helping each other instead

(and that work 100000.. times better i promise you)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hopefully things don't go that far, but anything can happen. People you trust or else they may end up being used on you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
i know in places like india people won't be fighting each other for survival, they'll be helping each other instead

hate to break it to ya
but if folks get hungry enough
human survival takes control
and they will slit their own
mothers throat for a 5 lb bag
of rice.

a fine example of that is in
Africa with the UN Food Drops.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

africa is not india... i don't understand your point

hunger can be overcome by the educated mind and as a matter of fact the great yogi feed themselves from air, not industrialized meat (that western paradigm again - that drive them all complete psychopaths).

don't underestimate the power of the mind (as for example of what the human mind is able eslkevin.wordpress.com... )

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by downtown436

Anyone who has guns when TSHTF is not going to go around giving their weapons to bums and thugs.

Yeah. I cant imagine any scenario where I'd grab a rifle from the vault and hand it off to some guy on the street, either a bum, ex-con or the bag boy at the local A&P.

Maybe if militant aliens were zapping us all into carbon dust and it was humanities last stand but for economic collapse? Hell no.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Neither. Americans need to exercise their second amendment right while they can still do so legally.

They can then atleast attempt to protect themselves and their families, instead of waiting for the government to rescue them. We have seen time and again how well that works.

I feel like when TSHTF the government will attempt to round up all citizen owned weaponry to have for themselves. To better protect us though so no worries...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This could be a prime opportunity to thin out the herd. I say arm them all with one of these

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2391fc1c582.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All good points. I was thinking more along the lines of a revolution, and needing numbers on your side.

The US has more of it's own people incarcerated than any other known civilization in history, so I figured that was a good start. Then I remembered the homeless population here is almost as high as the prison population.

Not that I have guns to be giving away, but I know some people that do. The owner of a survival store in my state has a massive stockpile for just such a scenario.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
definitely the homeless! The homeless are usually down on their luck good people who have good values but just haven't financially managed to f their life up. Prisoners on the other hand are in prison for a reason and would probably make bad decisions, narcissistic acts, and probably use the weapons for selfish acts. I'd go with the homeless...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
hmmmm really depends on the homeless and depends on the criminal if you're just faced with a situation where you have no information about either of them except one is homeless and one is a criminal just out of prison because the power failed there and they were released then I suppose I would pick the homeless person. However if you're that hasty about it you could still end up getting whacked if the homeless person was a gang member or drug addict just looking for an excuse to bust a cap in your stupid ass after you handed them the opportunity to do so...lol

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

People from India have told me quite different stories as is..

So I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join