It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Police Brutality *CAUGHT Red Handed*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

01-01-2011 2:30 A.M. St. Louis City

Does anyone have any information on this Officer? Any updates?

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) —
Controversy tonight over YouTube video that appears to show a St. Louis police officer beating man with a nightstick then pepper spraying him outside a south city gas station. Fox 2 was the first to tell police about the video-now an internal police investigation is underway. The man who says he took the video calls what took place a beating and says police used excessive force.

But the owner of Joel's Shell Food Mart at I-55 and Arsenal in south city says the force was justified because the officer was trying to subdue a man who was intoxicated.

The video shot on a cell phone about 2:30 on New Years Day morning. It shows a city officer pulling the man out of a car, then repeatedly hitting him with a collapsible baton. He hits the man seven times. Then, the officer appears to pepper spray the man before taking him away in handcuffs.

www.fox2now.com...

edit on 5-1-2011 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The gasoline station store manager is trying to defend the officer and he
looks like an idiot trying to do so. This man needs to be fired RIGHT NOW!
Administrative duty? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS NEEDS AN INVESTIGATION?

POLICE STATE... POLICE STATE... POLICE STATE!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

to serve and protect? more like to enslave and torture. These cops have got to be reigned in, a camera is our only defense as citizens. This is a very disturbing trend, what worries me is how it may end.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
When the day comes, that bystanders start to intervene, the cops like that will be in for a lot of retribution. Then again that day might never come. How can someone just stand there and watch # like that?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Too bad the guy filming didn't go sit on the hood of his own car, and film the events more pro-actively. He wouldn't be interfering with the incident just by simply documenting what (we) are viewing. Or would he be?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
The gasoline station store manager is trying to defend the officer and he
looks like an idiot trying to do so. This man needs to be fired RIGHT NOW!
Administrative duty? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS NEEDS AN INVESTIGATION?

POLICE STATE... POLICE STATE... POLICE STATE!!!

Our country tis of thee, sweet land of tyrany, of thee I sing........
Who's next, your mom or dad? Maybe grandma?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
land of the free

people will start just not calling the police

really, luckily for the officer, wasnt me the victim of those abuses ...

people need to stand up, if you let them do whatever they want to you, this will continue ... people need to starting acting, instead of following
edit on 5/1/11 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Too bad the guy filming didn't go sit on the hood of his own car, and film the events more pro-actively. He wouldn't be interfering with the incident just by simply documenting what (we) are viewing. Or would he be?

If that happened you would have never seen the video. He would have been arrested, his car towed and the camera confiscated. My advice to him is relocate, this good deed will not go unpunished.
We are all responsible for this nonsense, we green lighted it in the sixties when our parents let police beat black men for being black men.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Land of the Slaves home of the Cowards.

Its incredible, completely incredible how these
folks would just stand around and do absolutely
nothing. How many of you would have actually
done something to stop this from happening?

I don't know why, but i wish someone would
have gotten a water hose and just sprayed
this guy down. I am pretty sure he would have
been retarded enough to fire at a kid with a
water hose anyway. These cops don't need
guns. They just need tazers, final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These cops should only carry weapons
in their vehicle, and their vehicle only.

Its disgusting... and i def wasn't expecting to
see something like this tonight. Can you imagine?
This is only ONE incident caught on camera,
by pure luck! This is happening everywhere!
All the time, and it goes unreported.

What is most upsetting is that in the main story
they are giving him an administrative position.
No one has filed any complaints, to my knowledge...
and he is still being paid, and has his JOB!

Where are the sensible commissioners?
Where are the sensible district attorneys?
Where are the good guys that would stand
up against acts like these? Where are they?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I really wish there was just a little bit more context here. I am not even going to begin to try to defend anything but I am really kind of shocked at the reaction of the friends in that video. I do not expect anyone to jump the cop or anything but casually walking away with a shrug strikes me as really odd.

Either way, it sure looks like this cop was just beating a kid on the ground and I would really like to see the surveilance tapes from this. Just wanted to comment also to give this thread a bump. People should see this stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

I will disagree with you about the tazer part. Have you ever been hit with a police tazer gun? That sucks, really bad lol, I would hate to see any of my family hit with one of those. Little springloaded harpoons are not any safer than a club or gun, sometimes can be worse.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by drkid

I will disagree with you about the tazer part. Have you ever been hit with a police tazer gun? That sucks, really bad lol, I would hate to see any of my family hit with one of those. Little springloaded harpoons are not any safer than a club or gun, sometimes can be worse.

I rather get tazed than be shot for trying to help a helpless man
who is being mercilessly abused by an IDIOT with a badge.
edit on 5-1-2011 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe if you resist a LAWFUL command and act with HOSTILE intent you get what you deserve.
That being said telling a cop to shut up does not warrant a beating. If you tell me to shut up and I beat you I WILL GO TO JAIL!

Police are not exempt from the law they are not Gods! They are in an essence modern Samurai. Samurai itself means to serve, The police ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE AND PROTECT! But who protects us from them?
In the early years of this country we had militias to protect us from the government if it abused us or became drunk with power.

Today if you belong to a militia or an equivalent of one you are considered a DOMESTIC TERRORIST!! For God's sake a lot of our historical figures and forefathers were in a militia! I cannot tell if once on the ground the suspect was "resisting" but judging by the officer attacking and not defending I don't think he was.

I can make the statement about the officers body motions due to the fact in have been in Martial Arts for 31 of my 38 years, I taught for 14 for a living, fought semi pro and was a bouncer for 12 years. I believe I understand human body language in a confrontational situation.

Nothing in the officer's body language suggested he was defending himself or trying to gain control of a resisting individual. What it did suggest is he lost his composure. WE SHOULD NOT FORGET THERE ARE GOOD AND HONEST POLICE OUT THERE!!! BUT THERE ARE FAR TO MANY OF THESE IDIOTS THAT WE SEE HERE.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I hope that officer loses his job, house, car, guns, bank account, and law enforcement certification for life. I hope the city that employs him loses hundreds of millions of dollars. No court in the land will find it legal for one citizen to beat another senseless while he is handcuffed and helpless for telling you to shut up. Why is it legal for a cop to do it?

edit on 6-1-2011 by elevatedone because: removed animated image

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What shocks me the most....

Is the reaction of everyone standing around, ...... they act like this is a normal, acceptable thing, how can you stand there as your friend is getting beaten ?? surely there must be laws put in place for us against unlawful arrest/violence.

What do cops have to do to be fired ??

Maybe they should get their priorities straight, stop looking out after eachother and start looking out for the citizens.

Our justice system needs a COMPLETE overhaul.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

from news article:

Platke tells us the officer first asked the man to leave the store because he was drunk. Then, he says the man's friends came in asking the officer to help them because the man was causing problems outside.

Platke says the officer was off duty at the time and working security at the gas station and convience store. Platke tells us the officer hit the man on his hands and arms and maced him because the man had his arms wrapped around the officer's ankles and wouldn't let go.

next time, let go dummy. how about, dont grab the cop in the first place. I know if some drunk butthead was grabbing my ankles and wouldnt let go, the baton and mace would be the least of his worries.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Vizzle because: adding more from article

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
I really wish there was just a little bit more context here.

What more context do you need? The victim is on the ground being beaten to a bloody pulp and pepper sprayed.

That's right. THE VICTIM.

You know what you do with a person who beats someone to a bloody pulp? You send them to prison.

Unless they're a member of law enforcement of course.
Go out and try it and see if you don't get sent to prison.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm almost inspired to begin my own "dash-cam" investigative video journalism.

I'll stay inside my automobile and record it, velcro it in place. Put a piece of tape over the record indicator light. Now if I could just get my hands on a mobile police scanner. I could respond to calls as if I were a "people's" deputy "incognito."

Big city aspirations in this small town of mine.

I want to be pro-active. But I want to enjoy my freedom to do so too.

Let's see if congress signs anything like that into law...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

What more context do you need? The victim is on the ground being beaten to a bloody pulp and pepper sprayed.

That's right. THE VICTIM.

You know what you do with a person who beats someone to a bloody pulp? You send them to prison.

Unless they're a member of law enforcement of course.
Go out and try it and see if you don't get sent to prison.

uh, see my above post. your VICTIM was a drunk jackass who was acting the fool. He was lucky all he got was a few smacks on the wrists and pepper sprayed.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Says the gas station owner, that is probably crapping his pants thinking about a possible future lawsuit for hiring the pig as a security guard, then allowing him to beat another man on his property.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join