It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Prophets, Let’s Get Rid of Them all!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I find myself really rather perplexed, ATS is full of people claiming to be of above average intelligence yet to me the amount of people buzzing around the predictions and prophecies forum proves otherwise. Almost every day on ATS there is a thread about how one member has been bestowed with some special knowledge raging form reptilian enlightenment, Mayan math, time wave zero, a all seeing third eye or a super human ability to analyse a Simpsons episode to establish there is soon going to be a nuclear detonation. Regardless of the method used to make the prediction the outcome is always the same, in the last page of the thread there are people like me who just write “epic fail” repeatedly demanding that the OP apologise and admit he or she is full of it then in absence of this at the end of the thread we get the “thread closed line”.

I have looked, believe me I have looked, and I have yet to find a prediction made on ATS that has came to be true they all crash and burn every time. What I can’t understand however is that many of these members with “above average intelligence” still jump all over the prediction threads like flies on dog crap. Literally thronging starts, flags, posts and messages reminiscent of worship towards the OP, despite the history of ATS predictions showing that they always fail. Surly you have the cognitive capabilities to recognise after the first 20 times a prediction threads burns out that they are all going to go the same way. I cannot understand why people still believe that the world is going to end by the end of the month based on one guy’s prediction when it’s been shown time and time again that it won’t.

The only conclusions I can make is that you are all very very gullible, not as intelligent as you all claim to be and actively want a really bleak future. I think you might even get kicks out of the thought of Nibiru smashing into the earth next year. Or it’s because you know that if in the unlikely event that it does come true, you can feel all special because you had prior knowledge of this event due to some mystic on the internet and can boast to all you dead friends how you were a “believer” and this saved you and your family.

The best solution as I see it is to automatically put every prediction thread into the hoax forum and only move it when the prediction comes to be true and until such point no one should be allowed to comment on the prediction thread. Further to this after submitting 3 prediction threads that fail to come true you should be banned, in the same way as you would for posting other hoax’s on ATS. Eventually all the ATS fake prophets will be gone and we can all get back to conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Rock on ATS prophets

Come on its entertaining to read their predictions sometimes.Not only that but they help some people get rid of all that pent up anger by allowing them to bash their threads.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Explanation: S&F! I predict this thread will illicit a kneejerk response from the ATS membership!

Personal Disclosure: The so called Prophets bring in not so called Profits to ATS! Leave them alone!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Exactly. I agree 100%. The amount of crack pot predictions on ATS is ridiculous and I find it rather pathetic that a site that claims to deny ignorance, just sits back and lets them be. They destroy ATS' credibility, spam the boards and just highlight how ignorant (or downright stupid) some members can be. Lets get rid of them once and for all.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Completely supportive
New to the forum and am being put of by the stuff you describe
I predict no end in sight though - due to damn freedom of (idiot) speech.;

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I thought this would get moved, means less exposure shame because it’s a important point for ATS not BTS.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Dear KevinUnknown,

Very nice post and I totally agree. However, I do want to point out that prophecies and predictions have been ingrained in human nature since the beginning of .. well as far back as we are aware historically.

The spin put on the more modern ones are slightly interesting, to say the least. I for one am not a guppy believing in everything I read about current prophetic jibber jabber. I do however believe that the future, at least economically, is rather bleak for us all, but that is more common sense than a prophecy. Allow me my scepticism?

One last point.. what is your suggestion for getting rid of them other than restricting or moving their posts? There are rather a lot, the logistics would need to be looked into.. *evil grin*.

Regards,
T

edit on 5-1-2011 by torqpoc because: missed some words

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I predict that there are gonna be more prediction threads. I further predict that some will continue to follow these same non predicting ATS members until they get to see a real prediction occure.

I feel you tho op I just glance and keep an eye out for the truth if it is said early. Crazy thing is the time of the Messiah is not even know to the Messiah until his father awakens he and tells he its time for he to interact. SO any predictions in relation to Messiah return are automatically ignored unless they are the Messiah. As far as celestial/natural events I think some are comming close but they just need tuned in better.... I predict there will be another post after mine

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I agree 100%! I really like the idea of automatically moving prediction threads to the hoax section!
Obviously the above average intelligence members don't really read nor believe any of the prediction threads, I know I don't!

S+F!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I thought this would get moved,

In that case, it was a prediction based on trends. You're a prophet and didn't even know it.

means less exposure shame because it’s a important point for ATS not BTS.

Exposure shame? You mean it's not a rant, but an important theme for discussion on the main board? Interesting that threads posted in the Dreams and Personal Predictions show up on the ATS Recent Posts page, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ahhh Yes. The old guilty until proven innocent, remove freedom of speech, routine. You would fit in well with the TSA, or one of the other alphabet agencies. But I digress.

Not that this is open for debate. Since neither of us owns this establishment. Nor do I remember ATS asking for our input as to how they should manage their FREE forum. But have you considered that there is a reason that P&P's are put into P&P's. Because that's where they go. There are already segregrated. Meaning, that if you or I don't like them, we don't have to go there. You know, kind of like you change the channel on your TV set. It's that simple.

edit on 5-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Experience told me this would get moved, not any paranormal abilities. Any time anyone on ATS gets passionate about something that goes against the grain of ATS, it becomes a rant.

ATS needs balance, this is not really meant as a rant, I am pointing out how silly it is to continue posting predictions and believing them really is. By moving this thread out of its intended forum this is not possible. Why is it ok for someone to write about their predictions on the forum for predictions but it’s not ok for me to point out that none of them come true and as a result should be all moved to the hoax forum. If a wrote a few threads in the terrorist forum about how a bomb has gone off today in a western city when this is not the case, it would be put in the hoax forum, if i continued to post lies, I would be banned. Why is the predictions thread so different and why is the moderation staff so determined to prevent the fallacy of these ATS prophets form being exposed by me. By moving this thread and threads like it, this balance can never be achieved and without balance ignorance cannot be denied.

We all know BTS only gets a fraction of the viewings that even the most unpopular ATS forums gets its only right that I should be allowed to keep this in ATS. It’s on topic, it is about ATS predictions after all. I can’t believe that ATS will let wee jimmy’s dream about him being a shark goes on the main page but not me pointing out how downright idiotic it is to continue a belief in predictions when they are consistently proven to be wrong. Perhaps if I suggested the cause of this was NWO mind control it would still have been in its correct forum.

Yes it is important, I am trying to establish why people continue to believe ATS predictions when they all turn out to be wrong and further to this why they are not put in the hoax forum automatically. These are all matters that are affecting ATS not BTS and as such I think it is reasonable for this thread to be moved.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When I first found ATS, I found it interesting they had a prediction and prophecy forum. I assumed it was not just for random wackjobs to start spouting on how whales would start wearing dresses next year but rather a sort of deconstruction of things like nostradamous, bible, etc...things like that.

Ya, then I realized it was actually just a place for every off balance narcissist to talk about how God told them the world was going to splode in a few weeks and they are sent here to warn ATS (because ATS is the center of the universe).

Not overly impressive.
The thing most annoying is that every prediction thread (serious prediction thread) gets like 400 pages..the more nutty it is, the more pages it gets. Fine...alot of people get a kick out of making fun of em..but what really confuses me are the people that flag such threads..like somehow talking random nonsense deserves flags moreso than when a person makes a well researched thread about something else.

I think some rules should be placed for prediction threads...such as auto-locked after the first post until at least one thing comes true.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

ATS is an online community without us the community would grind to a halt and with it any profits the owners of ATS make. As such I think it is only right that we members make our own suggestions about direction for the site.

Again I get fed up of going over this but ATS needs people like me who will point out the fallacy of a thread even when we “don’t like it”. If people on ATS were to avoid the threads they disagree with anything would go on ATS with in the T&C’s, so I could write a thread about how I am the son of God and no one could say anything against me by your logic. ATS needs balance.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's really not hard to work out:

Dreams & Predictions: Discuss your dreams, predictions, and other state-of-mind topics.

Predictions & Prophecies: This forum is for the discussion of published clairvoyant predictions from contemporary psychics and "prophets" as well as ancient prophecies and prognostications. This forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions.

Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members.

Your thread is most definitely a rant (one that even attacks other members, although not personally) and so deserves to be in the rant forum

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by masqua

Experience told me this would get moved, not any paranormal abilities. Any time anyone on ATS gets passionate about something that goes against the grain of ATS, it becomes a rant.

ATS needs balance, this is not really meant as a rant, I am pointing out how silly it is to continue posting predictions and believing them really is. By moving this thread out of its intended forum this is not possible. Why is it ok for someone to write about their predictions on the forum for predictions but it’s not ok for me to point out that none of them come true and as a result should be all moved to the hoax forum. If a wrote a few threads in the terrorist forum about how a bomb has gone off today in a western city when this is not the case, it would be put in the hoax forum, if i continued to post lies, I would be banned. Why is the predictions thread so different and why is the moderation staff so determined to prevent the fallacy of these ATS prophets form being exposed by me. By moving this thread and threads like it, this balance can never be achieved and without balance ignorance cannot be denied.

We all know BTS only gets a fraction of the viewings that even the most unpopular ATS forums gets its only right that I should be allowed to keep this in ATS. It’s on topic, it is about ATS predictions after all. I can’t believe that ATS will let wee jimmy’s dream about him being a shark goes on the main page but not me pointing out how downright idiotic it is to continue a belief in predictions when they are consistently proven to be wrong. Perhaps if I suggested the cause of this was NWO mind control it would still have been in its correct forum.

Yes it is important, I am trying to establish why people continue to believe ATS predictions when they all turn out to be wrong and further to this why they are not put in the hoax forum automatically. These are all matters that are affecting ATS not BTS and as such I think it is reasonable for this thread to be moved.

As another poster already pointed out, P&P has a forum therefore no need to move them to the hoax forums. I trust you understand the difference between a failed prediction and a hoax no?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Predictions & Prophecies: This forum is for the discussion of published clairvoyant predictions from contemporary psychics and "prophets" as well as ancient prophecies and prognostications. This forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions.

That last bit, that’s what I am getting at, “his forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions”. Almost every thread in the P&P’s forum is personal predictions as such should they not all just be deleted.

Also “rant” by that definition could probably cover half the threads on ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

In that case, they should not be deleted, but instead moved to the 'Dreams & Predictions' forum. If you think someone has posted in the wrong forum all you need to do is alert a MOD, it's no biggie

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

It doesn’t matter what forum they go into.

The point is they never come true yet ATS is awash with people buying into these “prophets” delusions.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If people on ATS were to avoid the threads they disagree with anything would go on ATS with in the T&C’s.

Actually, anything does go on ATS within the T&C's. But you hit the nail on the head with your statement. If the mass of folks who come to ATS were to aviod P&P, soon it would be a dead forum. And few predictions, if any, would ever be posted.

But I suspect the reason it is still there, is at least in part due to it's popularity among members. In other words, the people have already voted. They like it as it is, or they wouldn't go there, and give out S&F's.

edit on 5-1-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

<<   2  3  4 >>

join