It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here familiar with atmospheric phenomena?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My cousin called me out last night after I had woken up to take a look at this light headed over the mountain valley. We live in a small town in Mexico and it is very uncommon for planes to fly so low over the valley. Well needless to say as the light came closer it began to exhibit this aura of red. Although we also saw the directional lights so that confirmed it as a plane. Almost looked like those hallucinations you see after a camera flash or have your eyes pressed in. However we both saw it so I was a bit puzzled. There was also a storm rolling in in the background with lightning strikes. Is it possibl that this could be attributed to electricity in the atmosphere? Have not ever seen anything like it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just an idea could it have been ball lightening, its rare but looks unusual.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Originally posted by benintheuk
Just an idea could it have been ball lightening, its rare but looks unusual.

www.youtube.com...

This is NOT ball lightning. As far as i know, there is no video or definitive proof of ball lightning.

What this video shows is a power surge traveling across a sketchy electrical grid. Cool looking, but passing one thing off as another so matter of fact like is both arrogant and ignorant of facts.

To the OP. I'm not sure what you're asking. You say that you clearly saw this object as a plane with the usual lighting. You're not asking what the object could have been, but what could have created some sort of distortion in your VISION?

Could be a number of things. Pollutants, static, pressure. The possibilities are endless, especially in a mountainous region...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Thus I said "Just an idea could have it been ....."
edit on 5-1-2011 by benintheuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sounds like St. Elmo's Fire maybe?

Saint Elmo's fire, luminous discharge of electricity extending into the atmosphere from some projecting or elevated object. It is usually observed (often during a snowstorm or a dust storm) as brushlike fiery jets extending from the tips of a ship's mast or spar, a wing, propeller, or other part of an aircraft…
www.eduqna.com...

Cool experience, eh?
edit on 5-1-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I thought so for a second. However this was like almost like a bubble (aura) of red surrounding the airplane as it went along. I imagine it was due to the electricity. I did not see anything like the St. Elmo´s fire though.

new topics

top topics

join