It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media as a Branch of Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Media as a Branch of Government

original.antiwar.com...

The task of Revisionism looks very much like the alleged role of Journalism in a free society, and so it is. Yet as we’ve lost our freedoms, down through the years, ceding them to government at every critical turn, our “free” media, instead of “working past the fog of State deception to penetrate to the truth,” has acted like a fog machine, generating and legitimizing deception rather than exposing it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-1-2011 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The toppling of Saddam's statue as metaphor

This isn't a news piece. It's a stark reminder of how bad the situation really is. A possible look at where we're going. A slap in the face for those that have resigned to take a nap at the most inopportune time. The reason why sites like this are so important and under attack.

Whatever happens...don't turn on that TV!

ALL men whom the Higher Nature has imbued with a love of truth should feel impelled to work for the benefit of future generations, whom they will thereby enrich, just as they themselves have been enriched by the labors of their ancestors. – Dante

edit on 5-1-2011 by Cablespider because: I happen to be reading Dante at the moment and came across the posted quote

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Two BBC journalists were sent to me once. I captured their attention in my initial email simply asking, 'Do you guys still employ investigative journalists? Yours....'

Freelancers can't get printed. Write anything against the accepted perspective and you don't get paid. It's intended consequence has manifest. MSM is simply the propaganda machine.

The individual journalists who shelved their principles on this one should each be ashamed of themselves. If they hadn't played along this coup would never have happened, along with countless other illegalities perpetrated by TPTB.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider
[more
yes they are the ones to blame mainly..if the watchdogs are sleeping on duty with the enemies..they are whores of the ptb.,shame is nothing they know about. but treason seems to be the skill required.they are worst then tptb. .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
more like:

Media is a propaganda branch of shadow government

2 related links worth reading on this:

www.flatearthnews.net...

www.mwaw.net...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Also worth watching, is the video which was posted on here the other week entitled "Orwell rolls in his grave"

Well worth a watch if you're interested in how the media works, and who owns it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Media has been described as being the 4th estate of government to provide general oversight to social responsibility. The capacity of the mass media these days has been fractured by military and industrial interests and provide more gloss, spin and distractions than focusing attention on important social issues. The government has also fallen under this same trap with its market based approach to governance instead of being a just umpire on competing social forces. The internet has become an important social tool for networking and communication to address these and other failures.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Try this vid about the founding of the public relations industry by Edward Bernay's (Sigmund Freud's nephew) and how they have now become masters of the craft of 'engineering consent'.

Google Video Link

They can play us like fiddles.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Excellent documentary about that objective and real journalism could prevented many wars and saved milions of lifes.Must see!

The 'New York Times', one of America's most influential newspapers, published a sweeping apology yesterday for being too credulous in its coverage of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

www.independent.ie...

Is Apology good enough for all innocent children,women and men died or injured in Iraq war? or the milions of refugees ?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

That's a great video you posted. Thanks for that.

Appalling how these spin doctors, journalists and correspondents (the originators of some of the most ridiculous pre-war hype) can turn round now and say 'we were duped', 'I'm ashamed at what I said as I sit here now' and yet I still see plenty of ATS posts regurgitating the same nonsense.

Their excuses just aren't enough. They serve a function in society - and they failed. The most serious decision any government can make is to take its country to war. To do so on the basis of lies, for little more than monetary gain, is treasonous....and the media was almost 100% complicit.

The biggest protest the world has ever seen took place prior to the invasion of Iraq. How did those millions of people see what these 'journalists' could not?

edit on 5-1-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join