It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Around a third of young British Muslims favour killing in the name of Islam, according to a survey revealed by the WikiLeaks' publication of U.S. diplomatic cables.
A survey of 600 Muslim students at 30 universities throughout Britain found that 32 per cent of Muslim respondents believed killing in the name of religion is justified.
A U.S. diplomatic cable from January 2009 quoted a poll by the Centre for Social Cohesion as saying 54 per cent wanted a Muslim party to represent their world view in Parliament and 40 per cent want Muslims in the UK to be under Sharia law.

Read more: http:
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"Not engaged: U.S. diplomatic cables suggested more needs to be done to work with British Muslims against extremism."

That.

That's the facts. The fact is that Conservative Islam makes the world bad. It simply is not compatible with common sense. Change or leave, more or less. That's what the options are here. People with such beliefs are growing, and the only reason I can guess is because governments are decreasing in morality and common sense themselves. When faced with the ignorant hoard that wants to kill and the elite leaders who want to kill, I am unfortunately forced to pick the later out of the simple fact that the later can be replaced peacefully, the first cannot.

As to why it would be secret, my guess is that it ruins the image that we are all equal. The fact is that all religions are not equal and all sects within or not equal either. Some people use religion negatively, and "live and let be" simply is not compatible.

I don't hate Islam. I criticize it. I criticize it's very necessity. Ultimately, if they did change, what would be the difference between them and Christianity? What, Jesus would be replaced with Mohammad as the central figure? God would still be God and the lot would still be the lot. If Islam changed, it no longer is Islam. It is a cheap copy off another religion. So why is it needed in the first place?

www.dailymail.co.uk...]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
if you want sharia laws and the ways of your old country then please go back there

dont try to change our country

no one is stopping you going back to the country you came from

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

That is not the point of these people (and by these people, I mean the people who are for Sharia Law wherever they go and for Islamic State to be imposed in all lands).
They are there to infiltrate. That is the purpose. They aren't going to leave.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
interesting how they are milking the social security of the country they emigrate to - claiming more disability than the locals

that is what our nations need to address - make social security and welfare not as attractive to moslems as a way of life - a career

make them go get jobs and pay taxes instead of sucking off the taxpayer and then using the spare time to either make plans for radical islam action or condone radical islam by either being the silent approving majority or the not so silent ones directly involved in jihad against the people of our countries

so where are these peace loving muslims we keep hearing about?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My hunch is that the modern extremist Islam bred in the universities are the result of MKUltra and other mind control/breaking ops of the past. Intelligence agencies have had there hand in the cookie jar long before Islam and muslims were the face of terror.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

1 in 3 British Muslim students should be shot.
Seriously.
edit on 3-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Considering that 32% that thinks religious killing (of nonMuslims) is justified, just wait until they decide to do it.

With all the tension, all the irritations, all the religious BS, all the Islamic unrest - wow.

Oh, it just hit me.

British subjects - operative word there "subjects," are unarmed.

What WILL you do?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In other news, it is exclusively revealed that 1 in 3 American students support the death penalty, and 40% of them want some kind of strict law to govern society...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Watch out big scary muslims coming to get you.
edit on 3-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte

This is their country as well.

What makes you think that British Muslims who hold these beliefs are any less justified to express their views in our country ?

edit on 3-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

This is their country as well.

What makes you think that British Muslims who hold these beliefs are any less justified to express their views in our country ?

point taken - we now have muslims going back a few generations

so let them go to whatever country they want to and leave things the way they are in the country of their birth if they come from a different tradition and it is not to their liking

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have met hundreds of muslims in my travels..
I have yet to meet one that wants Sharia Law..

I think you would need to define what is "killing for Islam" though..
There's a big difference between suicide bombers on american streets and defending your country where your family has been killed by allied forces..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
British subjects - operative word there "subjects," are unarmed.
What WILL you do?

Are swords illegal to own in Britain?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Watch out big scary muslims coming to get you.
edit on 3-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Like this one?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I bet the ratio of Christians that approve violence against Muslims is 4 out of 5.

Jews against Muslim is probably 80% for.

This is the cool thing about surveys like this. You can slice the data anyway you want.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

40 per cent want Muslims in the UK to be under Sharia law.

Key word MUSLIMS!This says nothing regarding Non-Muslim UK citizens.

But if they still do not want that then as said before they can just go back to their own countries.(Thus of course assuming they are immigrants.)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I have met hundreds of muslims in my travels..
I have yet to meet one that wants Sharia Law..

Please don't bring common sense to the discussion.

You'll frighten off the Islamophobes !

Originally posted by backinblack
I think you would need to define what is "killing for Islam" though..
There's a big difference between suicide bombers on american streets and defending your country where your family has been killed by allied forces..

Absolutely.

I'm of the opinion that most suicide bombers are psychologically disturbed individuals, who would blow people up regardless of their religion or irreligion.

I mean, if someone in the USA goes on a rampage and kills many people before committing suicide, then is their religion or irreligion analysed ?

Or do we just accept that some mentally disturbed people will go on a destructive and lethal rampage before they kill themselves ?

Why is religion blamed when someone from Palestine or Afghanistan kills themselves and other people, but a similar situation in the USA is interpreted as a ''lone nut-job'' ?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Are swords illegal to own in Britain?

Although I appreciate that you were making a completely different point, I'd just like to point out that - double entendres aside -
the legality of a sword in Britain depends upon its length and purpose ( ooh, er, missus ! ).

A Sikh kirpan is legal to wear on your person, but pretty much any ''sword'' or knife that has a blade of more than 4 inches is illegal to carry and a serious criminal offence ( unless you've got a very good excuse for carrying it )

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

so let them go to whatever country they want to and leave things the way they are in the country of their birth if they come from a different tradition and it is not to their liking

Why should they go to another country ?

If a Brit or Aussie believes in the death penalty, then do you think that they should go to the USA or Japan ( countries that have capital punishment ) ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join